What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most boring/mundane NRL player sightings

We've all seen NRL players on the loose in crazy situations, but what's the most boring places you've seen an NRL player?

I saw John Cartwright at Lynwood golf club a few months ago chewing on a schooner. Still a huge unit

Ran in to blocker in KL airport quite a few years ago. He looked a bit worse for wear haha

Saw Josh Addo Carr in Redfern last year crossing the road with a pizza in hand

Saw Kevin Hardwick in the toiletries aisle at woolies many years ago. Probably getting some shampoo for his locks

Chook Norris

First Grade
5 star thread.

Saw Richard Fa'aoso ordering Oportos once at strathfield plaza.

Have also seen Radradra three times in the parra/granville area over the past year:
i) westfield shopping centre. Got asked for a photo with a fan while he was on the phone
ii) hawa charcoal chicken: sat next to him while a fan also asked for a photo as he was eating chicken
iii) walking in the streets of parra

M2D2

Bench
Paul vaughan collecting lunch from chicos down the gong.
ET at the easter show.
Erin Moylan chowing down on a Sausage roll and getting embarassed.

axl rose

Bench
Johnny Raper at a Resort on the Goldy sitting by the pool.

Mel Meninga visiting indigenous kids numerous times in a Brisbane hospital where I use to work. The bloke has never been my cup of tea but it's nice when they do these things without cameras/ the PR stunt.

A.Minichello- well that one wasn't so boring, but since he was 19 at the time ill put it down to immaturity/booze.

Last edited:

King hit

Coach
I saw Greg Bird having a cuppa at Burleigh once. Darren Smith was my hpe teacher in high school. I've also meet quite a few league players at the Broncos leagues club.

Diesel

Coach
Was waiting in line behind Wally Lewis buying fruit at Toowong Village
Nearly walked into Big Mal walking down the steps to the car at Southbank car park
Glenn Lazarus outside JB Hifi @ Indooroopilly. (He's a huuuggee unit)
Ivan Henjak buying $1 spaghetti pasta @ Coles, Forest Lake.

Life's Good

Coach
Piggy Riddell in an, ahem, interesting situation in a Brisbane pub after he kicked the winner vs. the Broncos in 03.

M2D2

Bench
I once walked past Steve Price who was busy managing his little supermarket shop, talking to his check out girl about restocking. I easily stepped around him in the aisle. No defence whatsoever.
Used to be my nans neighbour during his first 2 or so years with the doggies.

El Diablo

Post Whore
i once saw Brett Kenny at Twin Towns playing a 2 cent pokie

saw Mal Meninga at Florey shops a few times years ago

dogz08

First Grade
i saw matt moylan taking 2 girls home in a taxi outside a night club 2 weeks ago

nick87

Coach
The other week when in Sydney for the college football game, I saw Boyd Cordner walking his bulldog

The_Shield

Juniors
Couple years ago, Ryan James, Preston Campbell and I think Clinton Toopi came into a store I was working at. They bought some stuff for a kids event thing they were doing

El Diablo

Post Whore
saw Alan Langer at the races in Lismore

had a beer with Bob O'Reilly at Lismore Workers and got him to autograph my pack of Ciggies

mongoose

Coach
chris mcqueen at a trendy nightspot in fortitude valley, he looked like such a thug too

josh hoffman saved a lift for me in the myer centre once. he was in a suit

big mal at Albion hotel in Brissy

Vic Mackey

Referee
I saw Daniel Wagon looking at puppies in a pet store in Hurstville Westfield back when he was playing

Steve Menzies at a System of a Down concert at the Horden