What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers name 22 man squad for Newcastle Trial

Big Mick

Referee
From PI

Feb 14 - John Lang has announced a 22 man squad for the NRL trial against the Knights at Carrington Park in Bathurst on Saturday night.

Faced with the unavailability of a number of top players who are recovering from injury, and the fact that Ben Ross has one final game to serve from last year's suspension, John has included a number of youngsters.

Among them are Michael Gordon and Peter Wallace, who did so well for the Cougars in last Saturday's VB Sevens tournament at St Marys.

Paul Franze will be playing for the first time in a Panthers jersey.

Craig Gower, who had a groin operation only a matter of weeks ago, has been back in training only one week, and is expected to play only around 20 minutes.

The full squad is: Rhys Wesser, Michael Gordon, Danny Galea, Paul Franze, Trent Clayton, Preston Campbell, Craig Gower, Trent Waterhouse, Frank Pritchard, Luke Swain, Frank Puletua, Luke Priddis, Garret Crossman, Jason Wrigley, John Nuumaalii, Ben Rogers, David McLean, Matthew Pow, Shannon Donato, Jono Rolfe, Peter Wallace and Damien Blanch.

All will get a run.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great STuff.

Very strong I think.

*Sandy*

First Grade
There's no limit on the bench/interchange. (i think) The last trial I went to all players got a run and that was when I watched Snowy and Preston demolish the knights in the 2nd half. :D

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
I thought that in trials the same rule still applied with the bench? Oh well that now makes sense. Yep, 52-12 that was :D
Can't wait to hear how Gordon goes.

mightypanther

Juniors
There's no limit on the bench/interchange

Kinda makes you wonder how Parra could still have managed to lose BOTH of their
trial matches then doesn't it ???

Against Sharks and Warriors.

Especially when they could have fresh players going non-stop throughout the match.

They haven't shown anything so far to suggest they're going to be any better than
last year....which just suits me fine... :lol:

Caged Panther

First Grade
trial form doesn't count for much IMO. I would love to right the eels off right here and now but I can't and won't.

MRLA

Juniors
Parra weren't fielding their strongest side by a long shot.
This weekend's Penrith lineup would have put 20+ on the Parra team they've had on the field in recent weeks.

They've actually been very positive results to say the least.

Big Mick

Referee
dude, the parra team that played the sharks, bar Chad Robinson and Hindmarsh, was full strength.