What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Everest

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Interesting Concept..

I personally like it, I think it will add a lot of theatre to what would normally just be another race.

For those of you who aren't aware the ATC has confirmed the 3rd richest race horse race in the word (richest on turf) $10 million AU 1200m sprint called 'The Everest' at Randwick during the Spring Carnival. It's modelled of the Pegasus which was run over the weekend in the States.

The catch is that it costs $600k to by a slot in the race, even more of a catch is you have to agree to a three year deal $1.8 million deal as they don't want it to die in the ass after a year.

This is where a lot of the hate is coming from as its is being seen as elitist race that only the super rich will be able to get in on.

I think it will be interesting as it will create a lot of international interest, we have great racing in this country and should really have dozens of horses coming out for our carnivals every year rather than just a couple here and there.

I'm interested in how they will allocate the 12 spots... will it be first in best dressed? Is every individual operation only allowed 1 spot,so that someone like Godolphin doesn't just buy all 12 positions? Will they leave a quote of spots open for internationals?

I'd like to see a qualifying race which would allow one horse free entry which would give the 'battler' trainer/owner the chance to try and get a spot in the race.

There is a million questions which is what makes it so interesting.

Medium Rare

Juniors
Would prefer if they dropped the entry fee and made more spots open. Imagine 18 of the best sprinters going at it. Anything in the race would have a chance with the right run.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Just you watch there be 8 Godolphin horses or some B grade Hong Kong horses.

It's great in theory but I find it hard to get excited about it.

Foz

Bench
Heard a few of the likely noms for this race this morning.
None of the names surprised me except the 2 year old that missed the kick and won the silver slipper was mentioned.
One person is allegedly going to spot the entry fee for She Will Reign.
Don't know if they have spoken to the owners but
I suppose there must be a deal struck with them on prize money.
For $600 k or whatever the fee is you'd want something in your favour or why not just whack the $600 k on the horse to win it with the bookies.

Sphagnum

Coach
Heard a few of the likely noms for this race this morning.
None of the names surprised me except the 2 year old that missed the kick and won the silver slipper was mentioned.
One person is allegedly going to spot the entry fee for She Will Reign.
Don't know if they have spoken to the owners but
I suppose there must be a deal struck with them on prize money.
For $600 k or whatever the fee is you'd want something in your favour or why not just whack the $600 k on the horse to win it with the bookies.

Bookies don't take bets that size anymore

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Confirmed so far :

Aquis Farms - Houtzen
ATC -
Chris Waller Racing -
Coolmore -
Damion Flower -
Greg Ingham -
Chautauqua
Inglis - Fell Swoop
James Harron -
Max Whitby -
Tabcorp -
English
The Star -
Yulong Investments -
She Will Reign

Carravaggio was the early tip to run for Coolmore but after it didn't win last start that might be up in the air. The Star have aligned itself with the Hayes stable, so it will be one of his runners Redkirk Warrior being the fave but he has some other handy ones currently so will probably depend who is showing the form at the time.

ATC will hopefully entice an international from somewhere most likely Honkers.

Kris Lees was pretty confident he will have a runner (Clearly Innocent) if not two (Le Romain) so not sure who is willing to give their spot to him.

Russian Revolution you would think will run for Harron unless one of his two year olds steps up.

No idea who Waller has up his sleeve, Japonisme is his only sprinter i can think of but he is a step below these you would imagine.

Surely Speith gets a gig somewhere?

Latest posts