What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Final week 2 Vs Brisbane

OldPanther

Coach
Honestly I have major critiques of Hook but it doesn't matter how well your team attacks, if the defence is allowed to tamper with the ruck for an extended period of time, stand 2-3+ metres every time we're attacking their line, it's the referees' job to deal with that.Not give Brisbane chances to get a field goal because Brisbane knocked it on into Edwards.

The reason we look slow is because of Wallace at 9 not the defence slowing the ruck. As soon as Katoa was there we looked like a much better team but Wallace came back on.

Doomednow

Bench
Yeah average game from Wallace. RCG very good. I never expected us to win. Look at the play the balls in opp 20 stats. Its been the same all year for us. We cant score short range tries. Thats coaching.

lsta5838

Juniors
I will have to watch the replay to see what time it happened, but I think a major turning point was when Broncos bombed, with about 3 chasers offside, and then I think DWZ or Edwards called for a knock on, but was off the Broncos winger. Joke.

betcats

Referee
So does that mean you give Griffin a pass mark or?

He'd would of been gone after ten games if it was up to me and I think that would of been for the best. Two years in and we still have nothing in attack. We score when we can really get on top of teams and have a lot of momentum behind us and we can only do that consistently against the poor teams.

For now he made the finals and he has another year, I'd give him ten rounds and review, if it's not improved sack him.

OldPanther

Coach
Moylan doesn't win us that game. Nor would he have won us more than we did. He had a chance to be part of the team. Where was he?

May has JUST come into first grade off the back of Moylans Injury/Issues. A pre-season and he will give us more than moylan ever did.

Ill drive him to Manly if he needs a lift.

Moylan wanted to play and the club said no. He most certainly does win it with all that possession.

The usual rough heads with the expected this should have happened, that should have happened. It is what it is, we lost to the better team. Brisbane were there to be beaten but we weren't good enough. These experiences will benefit a lot of our rookies for next season.

We've become the Warriors always looking to next year.

Did they even show a replay of that Roberts knock on that was called six again?

Seriously though how much better did we look with Katoa at 9? He actually asks some questions of the defense

I totally agree abpanther. When Katoa came on after the Wallace Falcon, I thought the energy and speed out of dummy half picked up tremendously. Once he came off when Wallace returned, it slowed right down.

betcats

Referee
Maybe I'm being a little bias but I think even in his current form Moylan would of picked of Moga once in the first half.
He was jamming on chn early every single time, that's Moylans bread and butter.

Panther Pete

Juniors
This game just typified our season, dumb penalties and absolutely appalling attack. Anyone trying to blame the ref for our loss is kidding themselves, we had that many opportunities to score but had zero attacking structure. We should have won that game comfortably with the time we spent on their line, nothing has changed in regards to our attack all season.

TheFrog

Coach
I'm over this rigged bullshit. I've never seen a team be allowed so much time in the ruck and to be so offside by the refs.
They certainly threw the industrial trade manual in the trashcan in the final 10 minutes on the Broncos line.

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
[QUOTE="OldPanther, post: 12478114, member: 46403"We've become the Warriors always looking to next year.[/QUOTE]

Rubbish. Comparisons between the two clubs are ridiculous.

abpanther

Staff member
I will have to watch the replay to see what time it happened, but I think a major turning point was when Broncos bombed, with about 3 chasers offside, and then I think DWZ or Edwards called for a knock on, but was off the Broncos winger. Joke.

Yep the winger looked way offside and this was just after that Roberts dropped ball that was called six again

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
Should have been a try for us when Oates knocked himself out, but I am not blaming refs for the loss. The broncos were there to be beaten, we just didn't have enough experience to get us the win.

OldPanther

Coach
Fittler was very unimpressed with our 'dummy half play' though he complented Katoa generally.

Katoa was awesome. Really gave us some zip.

Maybe I'm being a little bias but I think even in his current form Moylan would of picked of Moga once in the first half.
He was jamming on chn early every single time, that's Moylans bread and butter.

We win easily if Moylan is there. That jamming defence gets picked to pieces in my opinion. Even worse when they got tired in the last 15.

OldPanther

Coach
[QUOTE="OldPanther, post: 12478114, member: 46403"We've become the Warriors always looking to next year.

Rubbish. Comparisons between the two clubs are ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I never said the clubs were alike at all. The club and fans are happy with being crap because we'll be good one day. We've been hearing that for a while now and it's starting to become a habit.