What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Bandwagon

Staff member
I might be offended so you don't get to speak!

Free Speech at its finest.

Or, alternatively, it's a great idea for governments to implement policies that serve no other purpose than to seek legitimisation / condemnation through debate over the relationships of their citizens.

The resultant scrutiny of said citizens is fine because free speech.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
1. Questioning the relevance of a costly and largely pointless plebiscite is not akin to limiting free speech. You and anyone else can say what you like about SSM when and how you want. It doesn't bother me.

2. It was not questioning it because I might get offended. That is f**ken stupid. I'm not sure you could offend me if you tried. Even if you told me that you cut up a bunch of butch lesbians and put them in a freezer I doubt I'd be offended. I probably wouldn't be surprised either.

3. I was actually questioning it because I think it is a supreme waste of money and the national debate that is playing out is a massive distraction from far bigger issues in our country.

4. I think we should have SSM but equally at this point I wonder whether the 'do nothing' option starts to look better given how much of a circus and attention stealing side show it has all become.

@Hollywood Jesus, you would do better to look at things more objectively at times and not make silly assumptions in a pathetic attempt to 'score points'.

Penalty Beardo.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I assumed he was talking about Shapiro's successful speech at Berkeley yesterday.

As for the plebiscite, it's a good way to get some real data on how much people care about the issue, as well as which way those who care tend to lean. It's certainly more reliable than f**king Twitter.

Gronk

Staff member
As for the plebiscite, it's a good way to get some real data on how much people care about the issue, as well as which way those who care tend to lean. It's certainly more reliable than f**king Twitter.

I heard Barnaby say on the telly that if the survey comes back a resounding yes then he will do the right thing by the people.

Resounding yes *wink* Barnaby you mad merkin.