What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Prelim Final, Sat - Roosters 16-29 Cowboys @ Allianz

Finals Week 3: Roosters v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Finals Week 3
Sydney Roosters v North Queensland Cowboys
Allianz Stadium, Moore Park (TICKETS)
Saturday 23 September 2017

Gates 2pm / NYC PF2 2:30pm (FOX) / NYC PF1 5pm (FOX) / NRL 7:40pm (Ch9/FOX)

SYD-17teamlist.jpg

1. Michael Gordon 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Latrell Mitchell 4. Mitchell Aubusson 5. Blake Ferguson 6. Luke Keary 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Dylan Napa 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Aidan Guerra 13. Isaac Liu
Interchange: 14. Ryan Matterson 15. Sio Siua Taukeiaho 16. Zane Tetevano 17. Connor Watson 18. Kane Evans 19. Victor Radley 20. Joseph Manu 22. Mitchell Cornish

NQL-17teamlist.jpg

1. Lachlan Coote 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Justin O'Neill 4. Kane Linnett 5. Antonio Winterstein 6. Te Maire Martin 7. Michael Morgan 8. John Asiata 9. Jake Granville 10. Scott Bolton 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Ethan Lowe 13. Jason Taumalolo
Interchange: 14. Ben Hampton 15. Coen Hess 16. Corey Jensen 17. Shaun Fensom 18. Ray Thompson 19. Javid Bowen 20. Braeden Uele 21. Matthew Scott

LU_TeamPanel_REF-Yellow.jpg

Referees: Gerard Sutton, Adam Gee
Sideline Officials: Nick Beashel, Chris Sutton
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Luke Patten

NYC -
PF 1 - Eels v Panthers 5pm
PF2 - Dragons v Sea Eagles 2:30pm

ISP GF - Wyong (Roosters) v Penrith at Leichhardt, Sunday 6:45pm

No Cowboys ISC feeder clubs qualified for the Grand Final.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Pugzley

Roosters all the way. Cows and Broncos ended my dream final and only Victorians and weirdos support Melbourne.

TheFrog

Coach
If the Cowpokes can produce an 80%+ completion rate and charge relentlessly up the middle like they did last night and last week, the Roosters will need to be something else to stop them. The Cows seem to have been gaining strength from all the travelling. I don't buy this banged up talk. They were banged up a month ago. They have two topliners out, and have covered them very well. Every team still in the running will have niggles. They picked up TMM who isn't quite Thurston but seems to be learning from the great man at a great rate. They are going to take some stopping.

Pity for them they haven't got a better goal kicker than Ethan Lowe. This might cost them in the really big games to come. No doubt the great man is lending a hand in this area as well.

Clifferd

Coach
Can't see why we can't win this one as well. I'm sure big game mitchell will provide a gifworthy moment

Cows have got this far why not go all the way. I give them a good chance in this one. I thought they were lucky against sharks But last night they proved it wasn't a fluke

pantherz9103

First Grade
Yep you can't get more plastic than being the only remaining foundation club in existence to have played every season since 1908!

Roosters to represent all the butthurt NSW fans with honour and make it to the GF.

So pretentious they changed their name from Eastern Suburbs to Sydney, as if your club represents Sydney generally, LOL.

Any self respecting Penrith fan doesn't wish the Roosters any success after what they did to us in the 90's, and how they bitched about the '03 GF loss saying the result would have been different had it not rained. I haven't forgotten the likes of 'Rooster Cogburn' on this forum back in the day...

If the Roosters play the Broncos in the GF, I can't really say I would have a preference. I might not even watch it at all.

Cowboys all the way!

Valheru

Coach
So pretentious they changed their name from Eastern Suburbs to Sydney, as if your club represents Sydney generally, LOL.

Any self respecting Penrith fan doesn't wish the Roosters any success after what they did to us in the 90's, and how they bitched about the '03 GF loss saying the result would have been different had it not rained. I haven't forgotten the likes of 'Rooster Cogburn' on this forum back in the day...

If the Roosters play the Broncos in the GF, I can't really say I would have a preference. I might not even watch it at all.

Cowboys all the way!

Whatever the result this week my highlight of the season will still be the round 3 towelling we gave the pretender panthers, particularly that beautiful legal pass for the last try.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Whatever the result this week my highlight of the season will still be the round 3 towelling we gave the pretender panthers, particularly that beautiful legal pass for the last try.

Makes me wonder how many convincing and non referee assisted wins the Rorters have had...

Valheru

Coach
Makes me wonder how many convincing and non referee assisted wins the Rorters have had...

Very few convincing to be fair. 0 were referee assisted though as can be easily determined by us once again receiving the least amount of penalties in the comp and having the worst penalty differential despite being 8th best disciplined.

Mulgoa Joe

Juniors
The teams match up well and the Cows don't need to rely on the ref so much (unlike Penrith Manly Cronulla) to score points.
Should be a great game.

My comment (and I'll make it a "NRL loves Roosters conspiracy" because that what we do here)
Why dose the team who finished second (Roosters) get to play the team who came eighth (Cowboys)?
While first (Storm) plays the team who finished 3rd(Broncos)?!
Even if the eels won, forth would still play second meaning all advantage from been top seed is lost after week one.
It make you realise that this afl system the NRL copied is f@cked and pretty much shows the level of dumb that walks the halls of our major sporting codes.
*I'm sure uncle nick has something to do with it...

Latest posts