What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canelo V GGG

Smack

Coach
118-110 is corrupt, I can understand one round lead for Canelo and you could justify it, but 118, please don't ever judge a fight again.

114 - 114 and 115-113 are acceptable scores from the other two judges.

Willie Ray

Bench
Absolute bullsh!t decision....I'm with Teddy Atlas...boxing has lost all credibility and is just corrupt decision after corrupt decision...to hear a knowledgable fight crowd in LV boo that decision is becoming far to common...great fighters like GGG and Canelo deserve better...so do us fight fans.

Tommy Smith

Referee
The fact that Adalaide Byrd was even a judge to begin with - given her past controversies - tells you all you need to know about the current state of boxing.

De La Hoya put a hold on this fight for a couple of years because he didn't want his cash cow knocked the f**k out. And when they do finally fight they ensure that Canelo doesn't lose just to mug us all of another 100m with the pre scripted re-match anyway.

I 100% knew that decision wasn't going GGGs way. And I could smell the draw from a mile away. Who didn't?

Boxing should just admit it's a fix so we can all at least enjoy the fight without worrying about the decision pissing us off.

Smack

Coach
114-114 is how me and a few friends have scored it.

Canelo won the 2nd, 3rd, 7th, 10th, 11th and 12th.
116-112 GGG. 115-113 at worst.

Even 114-114 is unacceptable in my books.

But the 118-110 to Canelo? GTFO.

I wasn't surprised though and totally expected the draw as its as pre determined as WWE.

Smack

Coach
DJ5j3M4UEAEVJ7S.jpg

Willie Ray

Bench
Thanx Smack for posting the scorecard....I'm a big fan of both fighters,been waiting for this fight for a long time...I scored it same as Moretti for Golofkin....
Tommy Smith's post earlier pretty much nailed not only boxing but modern sport in general...well said TS.

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
I had it 115-113 GGG but I could see a draw. 118 to 110 is one of the worst scorecards I have ever seen. It's a shame because it was a epic fight

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Epic fight!

I can live with it being a draw but yeh 118-110 is ludicrous.

The thing I don't understand though is that if I was corrupt and going to rig a fight surely you make it not look obvious, I mean if she had of scored it 115-113 there might have been a few question marks but no one really would of begrudged it.

Making it so one sided just makes no sense for so any reasons.

Frankus

Juniors
Great fight. Ive watched it twice and scored it a second time, first time I had it 116-112 GGG second time I had it 115-113. Could maybe justify a draw but really, GGG was robbed as expexted. He needed to remove the judges from the equation and KO Canelo. I had Canelo winning the opening 3 rounds then not winning another round until the 11th and he took the 12th too. A couple of very close rounds could have gone either way.

Hopefully in the rematch GGG lets his hands go earlier in the fight. Showing signs of age. GGG of 3 years ago would have stopped Canelo in 6 or so rounds.

Latest posts