What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Widdop given a serve.

hewi

Bench
todays Sunday Tele reports that a departing Dragons player gave Widdop a serve at the I think mad Monday function. Anyone know who or what it was about? The article said it wasn't Duggan.

sammythesaint

Juniors
Widdop will kill it next year with HUNT there!!
smash it, murder it, destroy it, nuke it GO WIDDY!!
I hardly think so, Widdop has been the major reason for our lack of success.
Weak captain, no communication, no passion, Mcgrxits LAP DOG.
Crabs sideways, never takes on the line, talks like a mute at press conferences.....a dead set fuc...ing loser of a captain...weak as shit.
Thats my opinion.....heartless player
Hunt will lead us with Graham. Widdop's time is UP.

You damn apologist.

The main justification of McCrone's continual selection was that Widdop was more "comfortable" with McCrone as his halves partner.
Once that went out the window, maybe Widdop wasn't as loyal as he was at the beginning of the season.
Widdop does not have a good record in terms of gelling with halves partners.
Look at Benji in 2016. When he was paired with Mann.
Hunt coming next year he should revert to second string link man (like he did at Melbourne) and let Hunt lead the team around the park.
Can't close out tight games and is not a captain's bootlace.

Divine

Bench
Graham will be de facto (co)captain and will give his good mate Gareth the much needed authority necessary to be a leader. His fierce loyalty will be arguably as much benefit to Widdop's game as Ben Hunt at halfback. If Benji isn't about the hardest bloke to play along side of then I'm a bad judge. Erratic at the best of times. It took sage Bennett half a season to pick his game apart and put it back together without the howlers that had us tearing our hair out.

Last edited:
Graham will be de facto (co)captain and will give his good mate Gareth the much needed authority necessary to be a leader. His fierce loyalty will be arguably as much benefit to Widdop's game as Ben Hunt at halfback. If Benji isn't about the hardest bloke to play along side of then I'm a bad judge.
So what you are saying is that no one in our current squad is capable of captaining the side and we have to recruit a (de facto) club captain from outside?
As to what influence Hunt will have on Widdop's game and how Graham's arrival will shore up our leadership woes, it remains to be seen.
As for Benji, he seems to going alright north of the border under old man Bennett.

Red V for life

Juniors
Geez, McCrone supposedly blowing up at Widdop over not supporting him to return to the team (less focus on Widdop and more on your kicking game would've helped Josh), Dugan being ill disciplined and pi$$ing off the team from reports and, of course, Mary the Mastercoach.

Recipe for a happy team and successful end of season run to the finals...or was it?

:thinking: