What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite Beer?

What is your favourite beer?

• Tooheys New

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VB

• Tooheys Extra Dry

• Crown Lager

• Corona Extra

• Heineken

• Other (please specify)

• Total voters

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
The Colonel said:
And the excuse for those not living in Mexico is?

Doesn't need to be an excuse. Simply carrying out the tradition that was started.

It looks like a urine sample

What have you got to say for the looks of every other beer? Corona's are probably also the best looking beer around.

budz

Juniors
Steinlager is my fav beer. There are other beers like Becks and Grolsch which are really good too. Out of the Aussie standard beers id have to go with Carlton Premium dry and Tooheys Extra dry.

The Colonel

Immortal
Tupac Shakur said:
The Colonel said:
And the excuse for those not living in Mexico is?

Doesn't need to be an excuse. Simply carrying out the tradition that was started.
It looks like a urine sample

What have you got to say for the looks of every other beer? Corona's are probably also the best looking beer around.

Most beers aren't fluoro yellow.....

Mate, open your eyes and your tastebuds. There are plenty of beers out there that show up Coronas for what it is - a pale imitation.

Today, the whole lime in Mexican beer thing is an asinine gimmick, thanks to the marketing behind beers like Corona. In Mexico, adding a lime wedge to a beer is very much a touristy thing to do, a joke amongst locals. Hell, pairing any kind of fruit garnish with beer is something to joke about. That said, it does cut the sweet corn adjunct flavor or blandness of many of these beers, making them much more palatable, but at the same time, it doesn't say much for the beer if it needs a lime wedge.

Why a lime?
We decided to dig up some history on this citric custom, and here is what we found: One source notes that cans of beer were stored in dusty conditions and that a wedge of lime was ideal for cleaning the mouth of the can. Another states that early Mexican beer bottles were capped with linerless caps (that seal inside caps), which would leave a ring of rust on the bottle rim, and again, a wedge of lime cleaned it right up. Even your insinuation that Mexico is bug infested, hence the idea of laying a lime wedge over the opening to keep out the flies, also holds some truth. There is even mentions of salt being added. Think tequila and all of this makes sense. As tequila is the national drink of Mexico, limes would've been very accessible and no doubt would've added a refreshing edge to what would otherwise be a bland-ass brew. So it's only natural that limes would eventually be used with beer.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/news/stories_read/577

budz

Juniors
Immortal said:
Pack of poofs, VB is a mans drink & the best thing to come out of Melbourne. Stuff this extra Dry sh*t, it's weak as piss & tastes like water
Pfffft..........it doesnt make you tough because you drink something that tastes like someone just pissed in a bottle. It makes you STUPID. Why wouldnt you drink a beer that actually tastes good from the first drink?

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Cause you don't get drunk from water. Let the people who want to drink water-tasting-beer do that.

Colonel,
ok you done some research on the topic but i still stand by my opinion as it being the best beer around. My Favourite by far, next inline would be an Extra Dry.

Booyah

Bench
Coronas taste like crap. So does XXXX. I'm not usually too fussed what beer I drink, but I do like New.

I don't mind James Squires either.

VB isn't so bad. After the 4th or 5th, you can hardly taste it!

Bazal

Post Whore
I'd probably have to say Guinness or Kilkenny is my favourite, with Stella or Becks running a close second. Corona, for the record, is just yellow water. Only good as a schoolies breakfast beer.

The Colonel

Immortal
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
I don't drink.

But, on my last trip to Adelaide I was talked into trying Cooper's Pale Ale and it was quite a nice drop.

Coopers is very nice. The Pale Ale or the Sparkling Ale is good - nice and cloudy so it's almost a meal in a bottle.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Pfffft..........it doesnt make you tough because you drink something that tastes like someone just pissed in a bottle. It makes you STUPID. Why wouldnt you drink a beer that actually tastes good from the first drink?

stereotype
n : a conventional or formulaic conception or image: "regional
stereotypes have been part of America since its founding"
v : treat or classify according to a mental stereotype; "I was
stereotyped as a lazy Southern European"

Tupac Shakur said:
I made Coopers using a home brew kit and it was very strong lol. I haven't tried the pre-made stuff though.

I have a severe aversion to home brew. A mate made me try it once and all my nose hairs fell out.

The Colonel said:
Coopers is very nice. The Pale Ale or the Sparkling Ale is good - nice and cloudy so it's almost a meal in a bottle.

I did try the sparkling too but didn't like it as much as the Pale Ale. And you're right, it was pretty filling. lol

The Colonel

Immortal
Tupac Shakur said:
I made Coopers using a home brew kit and it was very strong lol. I haven't tried the pre-made stuff though.

I have a severe aversion to home brew. A mate made me try it once and all my nose hairs fell out.

I made it once and after one 750ml bottle between two we were well and truly smashed. Apparently three times the recommended amount of brewers sugar makes them three times as strong......
8)

The Colonel said:

I did try the sparkling too but didn't like it as much as the Pale Ale. And you're right, it was pretty filling. lol[/quote]

The first time my mate tried it on tap he took the glasses back because he thought they were dirty.... :lol: :lol:

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
The Colonel said:
Tupac Shakur said:

I made it once and after one 750ml bottle between two we were well and truly smashed. Apparently three times the recommended amount of brewers sugar makes them three times as strong......
8)

Yep certainly is very strong and the bottles as you said are bigger than a normal beer. You get the worst headache from them aswell.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tupac Shakur said:
Yep certainly is very strong and the bottles as you said are bigger than a normal beer. You get the worst headache from them aswell.
"My dad picks the fruit that goes into Cottee's, to make the cordial, that I love best..."

aphelion said:
Imported:
Moosehead
Molson Canadian

The best amber liquid to ever pass my lips is Labatt Blue from Canada. Canadian beers in general float my boat.

*copied and pasted from another forum I'm on as I couldn't be arsed writing it out again*

I don't drink anymore, but I always preferred Molson's to Labatt's when I did. I worked in a Molson's plant for a couple of summers.