What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP Bobby Heenan

Valheru

Coach
https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/...conic-wwe-manager-and-commentator-dies-at-73/

Bobby Heenan has passed away at the age of 73.

Bobby was synonymous with in the 1980s with the WWF through to the late 90s with WCW. I found him completely annoying as a child watching in the early 90s (I guess that was the point) but have come to appreciate his true genius as a manager and colour commentator in my adult life.

Feel free to post memorable moments/quotes. One that immediately comes to mind is

Bobby (during Hogan's entrance in WWF on day): "This is my 2nd favourite song in the world"
Gorilla: "I hate to ask, but what is your favourite"
Bobby: "The rest are equal"

Another that immediately comes to mind.

Bobby (After the infamous barber shop spot between Jannetty and HBK): "Did you see that act of cowardice Gorilla, Jannetty tried to escape by jumping through the glass".

RIP Bobby

Iafeta

Referee
I am so very sad to hear this. Bobby was so brilliant and so funny. I was listening to What Happened When with Tony Schiavone and it's just so dumb that Tony let their friendship end like he did.

Bobby made jobber matches good he was that damn funny. What a brilliant manager he was. The weasel stuff was outstanding.

RIP Bobby. Truly saddened :(
PS, I'm sure you and Gorilla are back together laughing it up like the legends you both were.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
In a selfish way, I'm glad hes in 2k18!

He gave it his all for the fans, decades in the business. Even attending conventions when he was a shell of himself because he could still make peoples days.
Absolute legend.

Valheru

Coach
From everything I have read and hear there was no ego with Bobby and he really understood the business.

He got over by getting other people over.

Latest posts