What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial Thread

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I don't know about you merkins but watching trials is one of my favourite ways to find a winner, especially when you can find a sneaky one back in the field that doesn't necessarily have a 'flashing light' on it.

Last week I backed Perat on debut at Canterbury off its trial where it finished 6th but i like that it ran through the line untouched, got 11s on the day and wherever it goes next start it will be much shorter.

Always thought we should have a trial thread on here and considering the official 2yo trials went around yesterday I thought it would be a good time to start one. Especially considering most of the slipper winners of the last few years have debuted on this day.

Lots of likely types went around, and the standard squib sire were to the fore Exceed and Excel had 4 winners, Snitzel and I Am Invincible a couple each also.

Usually every year there is one or two that really make you go Woah!... doesn't always mean they are the best horse but they are usually pretty handy. Last year Condor Heroes and before that Defcon looked outstanding and I remember backing Whittington first up a few years ago too off its trial and it ran second in the Breeders.

Hard year to line up there was lots off nice trials without any truly standing out imo, I liked Osorno in the last and also Bold Arial from a fillies perspective was very green but when it was asked it dashed nicely.

One smoky I have is Acquire which went around in the 2nd last... Big striding Sebring colt, missed the start but tacked up behind them little bit green in the straight but wasn't asked for too much of an effort and got to the line nicely. It was one of the slower heats which can put you off a bit, but times aren't everything in trials and you have to trust your eye sometimes. Looks like it will want 1400-1600 meters in time but comes from an unknown stable so will definitely go round at decent odds when it debuts.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Dissolute trialled like Tulloch if anyone is keen for a mid-week flutter. Not flash odds but should be winning.

In general if you back Godolphin horses today I'm pretty sure you will come out on top

Sphagnum

Coach
While on the subject of today. My old man was going on about that hoof hustler when it was racing in NZ. Notice Waller has it now and it's been 16s into 11s this morning.

O Reilly Cyrus was poorly ridden by brown last start. Left the fence to try and get a run but couldn't and the winner took the run he would've had on the fence.

It's a bit of a non winner but is better than these on its day.

Sorry for the mini derail. I guess hoof hustler has trialled twice leading into this. Waller usually just lets them jog off some of the peptides in trial so who knows how it's going

2 weeks

Coach
This thread got me rubbing my nipples

QPwvzp8.gif

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Lonhro is the best worst sire ever,never seen a horse breed so many overrated horses that Lonhro has produced but also he has about 68 stakes-winners and 9 group 1 winners so he obviously is a good sire.

Lonhro is a good kent and a shit kent at the same time LOL
Crazy figures considering some of the overrated plodders he has sired.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
He's a bit like his grandsire not on the same level, but Zabeel got some absolute champions and then others that Wazn would give wind burn too