What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Prelim Final, Sat - Roosters 16-29 Cowboys @ Allianz

Finals Week 3: Roosters v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

isaiah

Bench
The long and the short of this game was the completion rates. Cowboys 90%, Roosters 68%. If coaches learn anything from Paul Green's side's run this finals series, it should be that completing your sets is the holy grail of the game.
Not if you ask Ben and Shane Walker. They believe time in possession is the crucial stat. Usually both correlate with each other but for Ipswich just playing longer sets gives them more time attacking and less defending.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Maria Hargreaves calling out Jason T really worked a treat.
He didn't call him out.

Was classic fake news and everyone bought it.

He actually complimented Lolo but of course the media took his comments out of context to create a headline.

isaiah

Bench
How was the dumb merkin appealing for a penalty for being ‘tackled in the air’.

Learn the rules you roof top breezer drinking f**ktard.
He also complained about being hit high when he was barely brushed. I have a five year old grandson who can whinge and b*TCH like that.

lazza

Juniors
100%. Especially as the penalties dry up in finals.

Lolo may well be the greatest forward of all time. He will be an Immortal one day

Let's see how he goes against the storm wrestling defence though. They've also got some giants in their team

horrie hastings

First Grade
Not sure what was going on with Robbo and Tupou ? Why pick the guy if he is not fully fit and have him come on with 10 mins to go. I hope he is a 100 % next season as we missed him hitting the ball back up the middle and also his combination with Latrell which was lethal till he got injured.

Knightmare

Coach
You've got a serious obsession going on. Did he knock you back or something?

No. But he knowingly played a part in cheating the cap- and was allowed to stay on-board and continue to reap the benefits of said cheating even after getting found out...

He stood over a rival player who'd just suffered a career-ending injury that put in him in a wheelchair and couldn't give two shits about him- a player from the team I support...

He constantly acts like another official out on the field and gets away with the usual grubby tactics we've come to accept from the team he plays for...

Yet he gets away with this because he's a decent footy player with plenty of accomplishments and he's the Qld/ Australian captain. He's smart enough to know EXACTLY what he's doing, and that a lot of people (including the commentators) are blinded by his playing ability and the fact he wears a Maroon jersey 3 times a year- and so continues to get away with it...

Then on top of that he's got the most punchable face in the game. He has the smile of a used-car salesman who can't believe his luck at having so many people who fall for his "I'm a good, honest bloke" act time and time again.

He's the biggest protected species in the game, people either recognise this or insist that it's not his go.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Said that about Fensom too who’s on his 2nd club in a 9 year career
'Journeyman' refers more to the player's status in the game (top 17 but far from the first picked) than how many clubs he's played for. The meaning of the term has changed, like how you no longer need to be happy to be gay. Or how you can be considered working class despite your dead grandfather being the last member of your family to have a job.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not if you ask Ben and Shane Walker. They believe time in possession is the crucial stat. Usually both correlate with each other but for Ipswich just playing longer sets gives them more time attacking and less defending.
You mean like seven tackle sets? Or sets where every play the ball is slow?

Exsilium

First Grade
No. But he knowingly played a part in cheating the cap- and was allowed to stay on-board and continue to reap the benefits of said cheating even after getting found out...

He stood over a rival player who'd just suffered a career-ending injury that put in him in a wheelchair and couldn't give two shits about him- a player from the team I support...

He constantly acts like another official out on the field and gets away with the usual grubby tactics we've come to accept from the team he plays for...

Yet he gets away with this because he's a decent footy player with plenty of accomplishments and he's the Qld/ Australian captain. He's smart enough to know EXACTLY what he's doing, and that a lot of people (including the commentators) are blinded by his playing ability and the fact he wears a Maroon jersey 3 times a year- and so continues to get away with it...

Then on top of that he's got the most punchable face in the game. He has the smile of a used-car salesman who can't believe his luck at having so many people who fall for his "I'm a good, honest bloke" act time and time again.

He's the biggest protected species in the game, people either recognise this or insist that it's not his go.

Cam Smith is many things. A great footballer, Leader and manipulator. He's great because he's smarter than the systems he's part of. This is why he will forever be considered the greatest. His record will speak for itself. Do I still despise the guy, absolutely. Do I think he's a great player of the game and all its intricacies....Yes.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He didn't call him out.

Was classic fake news and everyone bought it.

He actually complimented Lolo but of course the media took his comments out of context to create a headline.
I'm sure he didn't but what matters is how the opposition take it, and how they respond. That's why you're better off being boring in the lead up to these games and saying nothing.

In 1993 prior to the St George and Brisbane grand final rematch the media asked Brian Smith what was different this year. He responded that his team had a better coach, obviously referring to how he had improved in the past year. Didn't matter what he meant. Wayne Bennett might be yesterday's man, but this was 'yesterday' and Bennett not only had the best squad by far, but he was a master of bullshit. He convinced his team that Smith had claimed he was a better coach then Bennett. After the game Broncos players mentioned it, that it motivated them.

This is why rugby league media is boring these days. And why they look for muck to rake to try and hold fans' interest. No merkin wants to read about how much respect player X has for the opposition. We want them to put their balls on the line but for the players and coaches it's just not worth it.

STORM.99/07

Bench
A bit of recognition?
The media has been sucking you off all fuggen season.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

no name

Coach
That's all you've got?

No rational argument?

The commentators, newspapers, radio etc have been pumping up the storm all year, you've been unbackable favorites all year and you want recognition??? What more recognition is there???
Plus they got jacked off in the lead up to 2012 GF talking about redemption, we still won those Premierships etc.
The media absolutely jizzes over the 'big 3'.
Not sure any more recognition could be given to them.