What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England name Ashes squad.

Barkley

Bench
At least we know that Stokes fights like he bats....one good shot out of 20. The crowds and media would have field day if he was allowed to tour, it would probably be more entertaining than the cricket.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Send an SOS Crawley, Key and Bill Athey.
Don't be ridiculous.

Neil Fairbrother and Usman Afzaal are ahead of all of them nuffies.

For the first test I'd like to see:

Rob Key (to my heart)
Adam Lyth
Mark Butcher
Usman Afzaal
John Crawley
Neil Fairbrother
Geraint Jones
Ronnie Irani
Dominic Cork
Robert Croft
Alex Tudor

12th man: Ben Hollioake (too soon?)

Timbo

Staff member
Don't be ridiculous.

Rob Key (to my heart)
Adam Lyth
Mark Butcher
Usman Afzaal
John Crawley
Neil Fairbrother
Geraint Jones
Ronnie Irani
Dominic Cork
Robert Croft
Alex Tudor

Sub Crawley for Ian Ward and Tudor for Chris Silverwood and you're in business.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This series is a disgrace,Plodstralia will win 5-0 and people will say how great these overrated donkeys are and than they will proceed to get thrashed on all overseas tours again.

Both these teams disgust me
And we thought the Epsom Field was Ploddy, Happy Clapper would beat both mobs 5 nil ridden hands and heels.

Iafeta

Referee
Don't be ridiculous.

Rob Key (to my heart)
Adam Lyth
Mark Butcher
Usman Afzaal
John Crawley
Neil Fairbrother
Geraint Jones
Ronnie Irani
Dominic Cork
Robert Croft
Alex Tudor

No room for Mal Loye, Marc Illott, Dermott Reeves, Allen Igglesden, Chris Adams, Steve James or Mark Lathwell? The depth in English cricket must be on the improve!

Red Bear

Referee
Stokes surely cant tour.

England will be annoying. Lack quality in the middle order but have good batsmen all the way down to 9 probably.

But unless Broad goes well I think their bowling attack could struggle, Anderson will be reporting his way into retirement this tour

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Is KP correct in saying that is alex hales who is kicking the bloke on the ground in the head in that video?

Arguably worse if not on par with what stokes did.

Where's mitchell Johnson when you need him..

Pommy

Coach
Will be interesting to see what comes of this Stokes incident.
If the two gay men were being threatened with a weapon and Stokes has come to their defence it could all pan out very differently.

The video is very damming but it came from the sun so I wouldn’t be shocked if they neglected to post any filmed context.

Bazal

Post Whore
Broadcaster Piers Morgan has claimed on Twitter that England cricketer Ben Stokes was acting in defence of two gay men who were being abused during the violent incident which saw him suspended from the England team.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/spo...hobic-yobs-armed-bottle-in-punch-up-seen-cctv

If true (and I do take it with a heaping helping of salt at this stage) then that changes things quite a lot. He should still cop a suspension because ultimately the melee had scattered and he chased after a bloke and knocked him out when he could have let it settle, but it certainly adds a genuine provocation. And if it is true then I for one will respect the bloke a hell of a lot more.

Das Gupta

Juniors
Don't be ridiculous.

Rob Key (to my heart)
Adam Lyth
Mark Butcher
Usman Afzaal
John Crawley
Neil Fairbrother
Geraint Jones
Ronnie Irani
Dominic Cork
Robert Croft
Alex Tudor

You need to get Nick Knight in there.

Bazal

Post Whore
Not sure you can suggest he was mocking anything from that tiny snippet of footage...he's just duping exactly what was actually said.

shiznit

Coach
You can take the boy out of South Island rugby league, but you can't take South Island rugby league out of the boy...
Mate I've heard stories about his old man ged being a hard arse...

He beat the crap outta some Auckland fellas who talked shit about his team in the pub after an old Lion Red Cup game.

He might have been coaching around then...

Latest posts