What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marika Koroibete

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Thought I may as well get some chat going about this seeing as the whispers are getting louder. It'll probably get moved to the rumours thread as well, so apologies in advance to the admins haha.
There's a good chance we miss out on Marika because he'll want to stay in Rugby, but if the impossible becomes a reality, what are everyone's thoughts on this?

Personally I think he's our missing link, signing this guy will almost be as big as Hunt.

denis preston

First Grade
Cherry on top of the cake. Top 4 minimum with him and the other signings and the coach should be KPI'd into this. I think the Thompson rumors are directly related to this or at least securing a QUALITY winger / centre.

Brutalitops

Juniors
A winger pairing of Marika and a fully realised Nene would have been among the best in the NRL. Unfortunately Nene is too slow and lazy at the moment, but I will take any great winger we can get.

I would like to see Kurt Mann hold the other wing spot, possibly Zac Lomax if all goes well with him. Nighty is an excellent finisher but his speed means we will never be a good chance of attacking from long range, and I believe with Hunt's passing game, long range tries for our wingers may be on the cards again for us.

Old Timer

Coach
Be careful what you wish for.
Any signing of a decent winger with the current squad staying as is will mean the end of Dufty for 2018.
If you give any opportunity to Mc Fookknuckle he will play Nighty at FB as he will never drop him nor Nene for that matter.
The only way around it is for Nene to be offloaded and a new winger come in for him.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Be careful what you wish for.
Any signing of a decent winger with the current squad staying as is will mean the end of Dufty for 2018.
If you give any opportunity to Mc Fookknuckle he will play Nighty at FB as he will never drop him nor Nene for that matter.
The only way around it is for Nene to be offloaded and a new winger come in for him.

If Dufty doesn't address his 'Quinlan like' weaknesses such as allowing return kicks to bounce, or passing to his wingers instead of a 'hit up', I don't think your scenario will be worth much deliberation anyway.

I'll be surprised if Dufty lasts the whole of 2018.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
If Dufty doesn't address his 'Quinlan like' weaknesses such as allowing return kicks to bounce, or passing to his wingers instead of a 'hit up', I don't think your scenario will be worth much deliberation anyway.

Another Drag Queen clone no doubt maybe Mr McGregor instructed the boy to pass the ball to MCDONALD to stop him catching a cold on the wing.

denis preston

First Grade

Jesus , Last year was his first year against men so he was always expected to play in trust and as a bonus one or two NRL appearances. He exceeded that but the off-season is pivot able to his body development and the club will be focused on that. Way , way ahead of Field in the NRL ready stakes.

ouryear

Juniors
Thought I may as well get some chat going about this seeing as the whispers are getting louder. It'll probably get moved to the rumours thread as well, so apologies in advance to the admins haha.
There's a good chance we miss out on Marika because he'll want to stay in Rugby, but if the impossible becomes a reality, what are everyone's thoughts on this?

Personally I think he's our missing link, signing this guy will almost be as big as Hunt.

No point discussing ...he is staying in rugby boring... min 2 years. Now he has been chosen in the oz squad.. he is staying for sure.

BennyV

Referee

The only 2 fullbacks I've ever seen do this consistently and obviously are Dufty and Quinlan. It's not coincidence considering who the coach is - this is 100% a 'tactic' from the genius in the coaches box, possibly an attempt to protect the smaller bodies. Ultimately it's dumb, erases a strength of Dufty (broken field running) and takes confidence away from a young player.

In saying that, I agree that Dufty won't last the season. Not due to any lack of ability or form drop that will see him relegated. More that our genius coach has no clue how to avoid player burnout or prepare youth for a long season, and an undersized youngster in a key position is very vulnerable to that...

Dragsters

First Grade
From memory, isn't Koroibete a left side winger making Flo the odd man out in this unlikely situation?

Yes he is.

His speed would be an asset but he must be paired along side a strong defensive centre so better on the left with lafai than the right potentially with Aitken.

Flo and Nene can fight it out for the right wing. We know flo can play both sides...

Latest posts