What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 ladder predictions

Shorty

Staff member
I get your point about Storm and Broncos being powerhouse clubs but it still can happen. Canterbury and St George used to be powerhouse clubs too and look at them now. The whole salary cap thing was designed to give all clubs a fair chance. How can they do it when clubs when the "powerhouse clubs" pretty much have a mortgage on the top 8. I think it'd be great to see a top 8 not consist of the usuals just for a change, wouldn't you?
But those teams are still there abouts, Dogs were in a GF not that long ago, same with Saints.

Well run teams from top down will make finals.
Think Broncs might freefall once Bennett retires though.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
If the cows hold their current team, they'll be hard to beat. Storm as always. Broncos will drop out of 4. Eels will do well. The good guys will be there or thereabouts. Tigers will make the 8.

Spade

Juniors
1. Melbourne Storm
2. Canberra Raiders
3. Sydney Roosters
4. NQ Cowboys
5. St George Dragons
6. Penrith Panthers
7. Cronulla Sharks
8. Parramatta Eels

Biggest Mover - Canberra Raiders

Biggest Drop - Brisbane Broncos

Premiers - Canberra Raiders

Red Bear

Referee
Raiders
Penrith
Cowboys
Roosters
Dragons
Storm
Brisbane
Tigers
Cronulla
Souths
Parra
Manly
Knights
Bulldogs
Titans
Warriors

Honestly don't trust any of this, but the bottom few looked awful this year without a heap of redmptive qualities next year. Brisbane lacks a kicking game and size and the strom are losing Cronk, McClean, Harris and could lose Slater. I like the Dragons squad, a good run of injuries and they could be quite good I think. Raiders and Penrith could both finish 10th and 11th just as easily but hey, it's 12 months before I get to be embarassed by this list so what the hell.

Pedge1971

First Grade
But those teams are still there abouts, Dogs were in a GF not that long ago, same with Saints.

I think the freefall will cause his retirement tbh.

Still gets the best out of what he has as this year shows but his recruitment has to be questioned

If the Broncos still had the mortgage on Qld or even Brisbane talent it would be fine but those days are long gone....

Danoz Direct

Juniors
Swap Parra and Broncos.
I know your mob aren't the most objective of fans, but there's a lot of players leaving the Broncos...who is replacing them?
Parra made top 4 with a boatload of injuries, they'll be stronger next year.
Can't decide on the rest atm.

I agree a lot of people aren't of objective, but are you forgetting about the Broncos boatload of injuries?

This Year?

Immortal

Fair point.. When we see clubs ran better the top 8 will change more.

Marlins

Juniors
Top 4/8
Parramatta
North Queensland
Brisbane
Sydney
Melbourne
Manly

Top 6/12
St.Geroge
Canterbury
Gold Coast
Penrith
Cronulla
Canberra

Bottom 4
South Sydney
Wests
Newcastle
Auckland

Rhyno

First Grade
1.Eels
2. Roosters
3.Cowboys
4.Manly
5.Storm
6.Raiders
7.Souths
8.Broncos

gregstar

Referee
Unless the drongos address their forward deficiencies, they could seriously slide.

Purchasing bird will be a complete waste of coin.

Puntoue

Juniors
Don't think I've ever even come close to getting one of these right, but here goes.

1. North Queensland Cowboys
2. Sydney Roosters
3. Penrith Panthers
4. Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
5. New Zealand Warriors
6. Parramatta Eels
7. St George Illawarra Dragons
8. Brisbane Broncos

9. Melbourne Storm
10. Newcastle Knights
12. Canberra Raiders
13. Wests Tigers