What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rep Squads

2017 Grand Final over, love them or hate them the Storm had a great year with only four losses all year, imagine that.

The crappy part of the year begins and we only have some rep footy to keep us going until next year (which actually doesn't interest me that much).

Just wanted to say Well Done to Frizz on his selection in the Australian squad, thoroughly deserved.

Josh Dugan in the squad surprises me somewhat though. Not because I have sour grapes that he has signed with the Sharks but his form June - August was terrible for us.
Dropped balls, missing games through injury and not being able to read a bus timetable, poor attitude etc, almost seems like he has been playing for the Sharks the past few months already.

Benny Hunt in the squad as back up hooker to Smith, Well done Ben (even though your contract doesn't start until 1st of November). Was actually hoping Hunt would start pre season with the rest of the Dragons squad in November however a great achievement from him.

Paul Vaughan again must consider himself extremely unlucky however will be picked for Italy.

Can only assume Gareth Widdop & Jimmy Graham will be selected for the Poms along with Nighty (maybe) for the Kiwis.

Congrats all (no injuries please) and bring on Season 2018.

hazzbeen

Bench
2017 Grand Final over, love them or hate them the Storm had a great year with only four losses all year, imagine that.

The crappy part of the year begins and we only have some rep footy to keep us going until next year (which actually doesn't interest me that much).

Just wanted to say Well Done to Frizz on his selection in the Australian squad, thoroughly deserved.

Josh Dugan in the squad surprises me somewhat though. Not because I have sour grapes that he has signed with the Sharks but his form June - August was terrible for us.
Dropped balls, missing games through injury and not being able to read a bus timetable, poor attitude etc, almost seems like he has been playing for the Sharks the past few months already.

Benny Hunt in the squad as back up hooker to Smith, Well done Ben (even though your contract doesn't start until 1st of November). Was actually hoping Hunt would start pre season with the rest of the Dragons squad in November however a great achievement from him.

Paul Vaughan again must consider himself extremely unlucky however will be picked for Italy.

Can only assume Gareth Widdop & Jimmy Graham will be selected for the Poms along with Nighty (maybe) for the Kiwis.

Congrats all (no injuries please) and bring on Season 2018.
Going by selections , we are getting the second best 9 in the comp ..... and one of the better number 7s ... All we need now is a good backup half , for Hunt to give us an option for him to be able to play 9 if needed .....

Brutalitops

Juniors
Ben Hunt selection is great news.

f**k, what if when Cam Smith retires, Hunt becomes the first choice Australian and QLD hooker? I would imagine Andrew McCullogh has earnt at least a chance, but he is a defensive workhorse without having the attacking power of Hunt.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
We will have guys in tbe other teams.
I would think
Lafai, LAM maybe.
Sele
Possibly more as well

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
We will have guys in tbe other teams.
I would think
Lafai, LAM maybe.
Sele
Possibly more as well

There will be a host of our guys playing i think.
AUST - Friz and Hunt
ENG- Widdop and Graham
NZ- Maybe Nighty (doubt though)
PNG- Nene
FIJI- Sims
SCOTLAND- Aitken (if fit)
PACIFIC ISL- LAM, Lafai
ITALY- Vaughan

Not sure where Sele would play maybe Lebanon?

dragonssamy61

First Grade
There will be a host of our guys playing i think.
AUST - Friz and Hunt
ENG- Widdop and Graham
NZ- Maybe Nighty (doubt though)
PNG- Nene
FIJI- Sims
SCOTLAND- Aitken (if fit)
PACIFIC ISL- LAM, Lafai
ITALY- Vaughan

Not sure where Sele would play maybe Lebanon?

Dragonslayer
Sele is in the tongan train on squad.
He may make the cut.
Not sure re aitken he has to pass fitness tests.

grouch

First Grade
Dragonslayer
Sele is in the tongan train on squad.
He may make the cut.
Not sure re aitken he has to pass fitness tests.
I wonder if Jason Taumololo choosing to play for Tonga could push Sele out of their squad. Kinda like SBW did to Tohu Harris for NZ back in 2013. Tohu has done pretty well since!

getsmarty

Immortal
Nightingale, Packer named in Kiwis RLWC squad
Thu 5th October, 11:30AM
A A

Competition - Test Match. Teams - Australia v New Zealand . Venue - NIB Stadium, Perth Western Australia. Date - October 15th 2016. Photographer - Robb Cox Â:copyright: NRL Photos

St George Illawarra duo Russell Packer and Jason Nightingale have been named in New Zealand's 2017 Rugby League World Cup squad.

Nightingale returns to the Kiwis' squad after missing out on selection in the mid-year Trans-Tasman Test against the Kangaroos.

Packer made his return to the Kiwis make-up in 2017 after a six-year absence, and will provide leadership up front for New Zealand.

2017 New Zealand Rugby League World Cup squad:

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (Warriors)
Dallin Watene Zelezniak (Penrith Panthers)
Jason Nightingale (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Jordan Rapana (Canberra Raiders)
Gerard Beale (Cronulla Sharks)
Brad Takairangi (Parramatta Eels)
Dean Whare (Penrith Panthers)
Peta Hiku (Warrington Wolves)
Shaun Johnson (Warriors)
Thomas Leuluai (Wigan Warriors)
Kodi Nikorima (Brisbane Broncos)
Te Maire Martin (North Queensland Cowboys)
Danny Levi (Newcastle Knights)
Adam Blair (c) (Brisbane Broncos)
Martin Taupau (Manly Sea Eagles)
Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (Sydney Roosters)
Russell Packer (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Addin Fonua-Blake (Many Sea Eagles)
Nelson Asofa-Solomona (Melbourne Storm)
Simon Mannering (Warriors)
Kenny Bromwich (Melbourne Storm)
Joseph Tapine (Canberra Raiders)
Isaac Liu (Sydney Roosters)
Elijah Taylor (Wests Tigers)

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/10/05/nightingale_packer_n.af_news.html

getsmarty

Immortal
Vaughan named in Italy's RLWC squad
Thu 5th October, 12:00PM
A A

1507165608784.jpg

St George Illawarra prop Paul Vaughan has been named in Italy coach Cameron Ciraldo's squad for the 2017 Rugby League World Cup.

The final squad of 24 will be selected following the assembly and medicals of all players, although the side will be captained by Mark Minichiello. Wests Tigers fullback James Tedesco will serve as his deputy.

The Italian Rugby League Federation – in the presence of the Italian Republic's Vice Minister of Defence Domenico Ross, the Italian Ambassador to Australia Pier Francesco Zazo and the Consule General of Italy – announced the squad.

2017 Italian Rugby League World Cup squad:

· Daniel Alvaro

· Mirco Bergamasco

· Nathan Brown

· Christopher Calegari

· Jake Campagnolo

· Terry Campese

· Justin Castellaro

· Geole Cellurino

· Chris Centrone

· Mason Cerruto

· Ryan Ghietti