What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marika Koroibete

denis preston

First Grade
Surely Kurt Mann now deserves the first go at fullback.
Very good all round game and been stuffed around since he first signed.
Also resigning after all he has been put thru, has to be given a fair go!
I feel sorry for the guy, no wonder sometimes he looks a bit lost.
FACT
CC
Dufty has the x factor and i hope that he is hitting the gym big time because he needs more confidence in defense that will only come with a bigger body. Surely the club is thinking the same way. Mann at best will be efficient.

MrDragon007

Juniors
I like Aitken but am not sold on him as a centre, and think he will fill a back row in the future.
Thing is, if Aitken takes a centre role, where does Mann play ?

He needs to be involved as he is one of our few X factors.

For me, he should go back to FB, which is why we originally signed him, he has great skill, can play in the halves, so the closer he is to the so called "spine" the better .

Lafai was a disappointment when he first arrived but has shown how devastating he can be with off loads, speed etc.

What then with Dufty if Mann goes to 1. ? I know the kid has talent and speed to burn, but is a liability in defence and return metres.
One would hope that a lesson was learnt from Duftys last 2 games where he was scared of being man-handled.
The off-season should see the club manage his weight, get a few kilos added onto his frame without effecting his speed.
A few extra kgs should give him a shot of confidence about not being manhandled on kick returns.
On Mann he has to be playing every week , Fullback or wing .....
If Nene goes, the wing spot should be given to Mann. I agree 100% he needs to be in the 13, not 17, he should wear a number from 1-5.
We keep saying we need to sign an outside back, but we have a top quality one already in Mann. Who-ever the new signing will replace, save that money and let Mann replace him now. He wont let anyone down.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
If McDonald's on the outer ,then MANN is a ready made replacement .no need to spend big bucks elsewhere as we have a zillion young guns to play on the wing .Surely with supercoach and his POWER game ,another big prop is the smart move .ala Walmsley ,heard that Bennett doesn't have much in the bickie tin .

possm

Coach
If McDonald's on the outer ,then MANN is a ready made replacement .no need to spend big bucks elsewhere as we have a zillion young guns to play on the wing .Surely with supercoach and his POWER game ,another big prop is the smart move .ala Walmsley ,heard that Bennett doesn't have much in the bickie tin .
Mann would be to the left wing. I'd say it's the right side that is the problem. For me throw Lomax into right centre and let Nightingale, Aitken and the long list of budding wingers fight it out on form for the number 5 spot.

I'd rather spend the money on Walmley as we were short a couple of quality pops this season. A first grade prop rotation of:
Graham
Vaughan
Walmsley
Ah Mau
Would be backed up by:
Latimore
Lawrie
Kerr

MrDragon007

Juniors
Another option, as most want Mann on the wing if Nene goes, is maybe Mann to Fullback and Dufty to wing?
That would give us unbelievable speed on the wing.
And it would give us a more "reliable" (so to speak) FullBack.
Personally im ok with Mann taking the wing spot and Dufty starting the season at fullback, especially if he bulks up and adds a few Kgs in the off season.

nontime111

Juniors
Mann must taker a wing spot! Nene sucks never puts in ever...one game he caught a ball at a crucial time, and Nights is too slow now for first grade

Bench
Mann was our top try scorer year before last. Think he scored 16 tries and wasn't on the wing the whole season.
I would rather have him over MacDonald any day.

MrDragon007

Juniors
Im no fan of Nenes after the year he had with us. But... i think Hunts arrival will get the best out of Nene if he stays.
Hunt has the ball game to make those around him look good. If Nene still flops, then throw Mann in. If he was able to score 16 tries playing outside McCrone, then he will score 30 playing outside Hunt!

Reactions: Qdf

Belta

Juniors
Possum said; "...I'd rather spend money on Walmley...giving us props

Vaughan
Ah Mau
Graham
Walmley

Backups, Latimore's, Kerr, Lawrie

Yep I also agree it would be a wise move, we are already a formidable pack, with depth in the back row like, Host, Sele and Leilua if we were to add a further Prop of that pedigree it would certainly have up there with the best go forward packs going around and give Hunt and Widdop plenty of time to create scoring opportunities. Of course with most positives there are downsides, and the flip side is it would have to dishearten the young backups as it would certainly make it that much harder to crack a first grade spot.

Latest posts