What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marika Koroibete

Belta

Juniors
Hey why do people insist on being reasonable, OK, I honestly feel there is no more big signings, our best bet is probably a bargain if sides need to off load, but it's interesting to discuss the what ifs in any case

Brutalitops

Juniors
Hey why do people insist on being reasonable, OK, I honestly feel there is no more big signings, our best bet is probably a bargain if sides need to off load, but it's interesting to discuss the what ifs in any case
Honestly, there's too much smoke to be no fire at this point.

Even as of right now, we are under the cap. But now potentially Nene AND Thompson are both on the outer? Depending on how much of their contract we pay, that could free up 700k or so on top of what's left.

I don't necessarily trust The Mole all the time, but he said that the Dragons have a "plan", and I think we will see parts of it fall into place in the coming months.

Belta

Juniors
Brutalitops said; Honestly, there's too much fire to be no fire..."

Ok that's sounds promising, hopefully further fire power is headed our way, looking forward to seeing how we shape up in 2018

Biglance

Bench
Honestly, there's too much smoke to be no fire at this point.

Even as of right now, we are under the cap. But now potentially Nene AND Thompson are both on the outer? Depending on how much of their contract we pay, that could free up 700k or so on top of what's left.

I don't necessarily trust The Mole all the time, but he said that the Dragons have a "plan", and I think we will see parts of it fall into place in the coming months.

I saw the moles comment about a plan on twitter - i thought he was being sarcastic tbh

possm

Coach
The club hasn't even spoken to Wamsley thats what I have heard.
Who know why that is! He is the missing link in our forward pack. You'd think our coaching staff would learn from this seasons disappointments. We need a good prop rotation and back up forwards for those injured or who just need a rest. If we are to play the 'power game' we need to replace forwards when they are injured and bring them back when they've recovered. Wamsley is the exaxt player we need to ensure we have a good rotation and the necessary depth when a prop gets injured.

Vaughan
Graham
Wamsley
Ah Mau

Latimore
Laurie
Kerr.

MrDragon007

Juniors
If we sign Wamsley, that has our forwards as....
Vaughan - Graham - Frizz - JDB - Thomo - Sims - AhMau - Wamsley - Host - Sele - Lawrie - Latimore
Even with 4 forwards on the bench, we have 3 capable back ups to ensure our starting forward pack doesnt burn out.
Off course this all depends on Mary using the rotation correctly, but miracles can happen and if one does happen with Mary next year, our forwards stock should be very well looked after.
Our starting forwards should get 2 or 3 one week breaks during the year. Frizz will need it, so will Vaughan.
We have depth players that can step up and hold the fort in there absence.
Our issue is our backline depth, that is where we are lacking.
I know we have youngsters, but watching them on a weekly basis shows that just arent ready for fulltime playing at NRL standard.
We need some depth, KFFL was good for depth, he is gone now, we need players like him imo.

If we sign Wamsley, that has our forwards as....
Vaughan - Graham - Frizz - JDB - Thomo - Sims - AhMau - Wamsley - Host - Sele - Lawrie - Latimore
Even with 4 forwards on the bench, we have 3 capable back ups to ensure our starting forward pack doesnt burn out.
Off course this all depends on Mary using the rotation correctly, but miracles can happen and if one does happen with Mary next year, our forwards stock should be very well looked after.
Our starting forwards should get 2 or 3 one week breaks during the year. Frizz will need it, so will Vaughan.
We have depth players that can step up and hold the fort in there absence.
Our issue is our backline depth, that is where we are lacking.
I know we have youngsters, but watching them on a weekly basis shows that just arent ready for fulltime playing at NRL standard.
We need some depth, KFFL was good for depth, he is gone now, we need players like him imo.
Wamsley will not becoming the club is looking at other forwards and he isn't one of them.

They won't be signing any outside backs with alot of experience if they do sign anyone it will probably be a player from the ISP or Q Cup.

You will see quite a young team running around in teh ISP next year as the Dragons players will take the majority of spots and Illawarra won't be signing anyone of note at this stage.

MrDragon007

Juniors
Wamsley will not becoming the club is looking at other forwards and he isn't one of them.

They won't be signing any outside backs with alot of experience if they do sign anyone it will probably be a player from the ISP or Q Cup.

You will see quite a young team running around in teh ISP next year as the Dragons players will take the majority of spots and Illawarra won't be signing anyone of note at this stage.
inside tip coast, dont be too sure about no experienced signings ;-)

Crush

Coach
Jack Stockwell and Darren Nichols are the names I have heard along with Brenko lee and Edrick lee.
Edrick Lee! If Dragons signed him we would be the laughing stock. Flanno gave him 2 games then dropped him never to play first grade again.
I doubt Millward would go near either of the Lee's. I think his recruitment has been top notch.