What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
^^^^

Eels chief executive Bernie Gurr said his club is content with its playmaking pair, Corey Norman and Mitchell Moses — who are both under contract until the end of the 2019 season.

“We’re not in the race for Cooper Cronk,” Gurr said.

“We assess every player that comes onto the open market, to see whether they fit our club, fit our salary cap and fit our positional needs.

“When we looked at our roster and our positional needs we have opted to go in another direction.”

200w.webp

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Not saying we should chase him, but Wighton would be the back I would chase from the raiders if we ever did. The kid has plenty of potential but can't see him reaching it down there.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'd take Izzy in a second, he is a class act but probabaly not what we need.

You dont spend spine type money on a winger

Redback71

First Grade
keep the money in case a top notch hooker like Friend becomes available, with some change in case semi comes back hopefully

Gazzamatta

Coach
If Parra related Sterlos opinion is rarely other than "glass half empty".
I would have liked him to have an opinion during the V Storm semi final when our Eels were screwed to the wall with appalling referring decisions but he remained silent.

Stevie

Bench
Where do you guys rate Jake Friend as a hooker?

Personally I rate him highly but if I’m honest I haven’t really watched him closely of late.

And is he a clear head and shoulder ahead of our rakes?

My opinion is yes but I’d love to get my forum buddies opinions.

Personally I rate him highly but if I’m honest I haven’t really watched him closely of late.

I think he's a great player, and a significant upgrade on our current blokes. Not absolutely top shelf but he wouldn't let you down in an origin game.

strider

Post Whore
Yeah i would certainly put him in the top 5 dummy halves ... though i would also say cam365 is miles ahead of all others and then there r a bunch who are roughly similar overall but offer slightly different things

Alot of coaches just want a hard working defender for a #9 now ... BA is no different - friend would fit that

He is not young though ... he is getting rested by the chooks more now

hindy111

Post Whore

Behind Cam Smith i think he is as good as any.
Ours are borderline first graders id say at best.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah i would certainly put him in the top 5 dummy halves ... though i would also say cam365 is miles ahead of all others and then there r a bunch who are roughly similar overall but offer slightly different things

Alot of coaches just want a hard working defender for a #9 now ... BA is no different - friend would fit that

He is not young though ... he is getting rested by the chooks more now

He is 27. Will be 28 next year so should still be at peak for 3 yrs.
The Rooster will part ways with Pierce I reckon. I can ot see him or Keary wanting to play a bench role.

Behind Cam Smith i think he is as good as any.
Ours are borderline first graders id say at best.

Yeh I reckon he's close to the most valuable to us, but I reckon McCullough and Hodgson are probably marginally better players overall. Though I change my mind about McCullough all the time.