What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian pre game hukka And opening ceremony

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Well JT's pre game message or whatever it was meant to be was cringe worthy lol, it's copping an absolute pasting on social media. Look they meant well, but it was embarrassing, the whole opening ceremony was pretty shit to be far, how about actually getting something from each culture, a real piss poor lazy effort. If we are trying to make the World Cup an event worth attending or watching let's at least try and put some effort in hey ?.

Lucky for us the English put up a fight on the field, hopefully more entertaining games over the weekend.

redvee78

Juniors
Terrible. Why do it? Maybe I'll missing some cultural significance, but it was dreadful. The other flags and lights stuff was ok as entertainment

deluded pom?

Coach
If we are trying to make the World Cup an event worth attending or watching let's at least try and put some effort in hey ?.
As an outsider looking in that seems to be the problem. I don't want to try and make this a dick measuring comp but it's like we (Brits) take the WC more seriously than you do in Australia. Until that attitude changes the WC in the SH will always come across as a nuisance to the organisers. Something to rush through so they can concentrate on the NRL.

siv

First Grade
Openning ceremony was better than expected

The Aussie hukka started good but had no were coming to get you ending

Dakink

Bench
I didn't mind the opening ceremony. It also got my teenage daughters watching. Didnt realise how much of a draw card JT is, my 4 girls all support the Dragons and JT lol

Emu01

Juniors
I was watching at Cowboys Leagues and when Casey Donaven was singing everyone loved it.National anthems wer good I thought.

Golden point

Juniors
Well JT's pre game message or whatever it was meant to be was cringe worthy lol, it's copping an absolute pasting on social media. Look they meant well, but it was embarrassing, the whole opening ceremony was pretty shit to be far, how about actually getting something from each culture, a real piss poor lazy effort. If we are trying to make the World Cup an event worth attending or watching let's at least try and put some effort in hey ?.

Lucky for us the English put up a fight on the field, hopefully more entertaining games over the weekend.
That thing that the aussies did...
I was embarrassed for them.
It was like a children's play but without the cute kids.

GAZF

First Grade
It sucked the excitement out of the pre-game that the national anthems usually provide.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
To be honest I flicked on the opening ceremony about half way through and maybe lasted 30-40 seconds at most...I saw Casey Donavon and then some backup dancer who looked like he was plucked straight out of 1986 and I thought nah I’ll come back when the footy starts.

Then I flick over just in time to catch the ‘War Cry/dance/welcome’ whatever you want to call it... it will go down as the most cringeworthy thing I have ever seen on a footy field, and I was there when Peter Wallace almost lost a testicle.

What the f**k was that shit? Surely the players must have known how bad that was going to be, why didn’t someone say big Mal no offence but this is super gay.

What I can’t believe though is every single person I have spoken to agrees with me, yet the media are frothing over how good it was etc.. Fox Sports put out a post saying simply #Chills hahaha the comments from the punters are hilarious

Pommy

Coach
The opening ceremony was fine nothing great nothing dreadful about what I expected.
The welcome to country was just awful though. I would like to see Australia do the war dance just like the all stars game. Sure it might not be great to begin with but over time it would improve. NZ have shown you do not need the captain to lead proceedings, so if Smith was not comfortable with it let someone else take the lead.
I hope this was only for the opening game as I really do not want to waste more of my life watching it.
Did anyone see what the guy playing the didgeridoo was wearing? A bright red jacket with black shiny trousers about 3 sizes to big for him. I noticed he had tinted glasses on, has someone played a prank on a disabled guy?

Latest posts