What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just how bad are wales ?.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Png just pounding wales at the moment. I've heard about welsh juniors beating English teams of late, let's hope we can stop them from leaving league for union, because God they need some help. Most qld cup teams would belt this welsh team.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Bit harsh, horrible conditions for them and with that crowd behind png it was always going to be tough, they are a third tier rep side though and png are moving into that 2nd tier without a doubt.

Losing Crusaders out of SL was a great shame.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Bit harsh, horrible conditions for them and with that crowd behind png it was always going to be tough, they are a third tier rep side though and png are moving into that 2nd tier without a doubt.
Mate no doubting png will push for a semi final spot. Png on the rise. But honest wales offered up nothing. They need massive help.

langpark

First Grade
I think they were just shellshocked completely! I don't think anything can prepare you if you're playing in that environment for the first time.

- 30* weather
- 80% humidity
- and by far the most hostile crowd in the Rugby League world!

Plus the fact the PNG players were fired up and were going for the kill in every tackle. Wales will be better in their next two matches, but yes it was definitely a flogging!

I went to see Wales v PNG in 2007 in Bridgend and I remember poms mostly slagging the PNG boys off because they lost by 30. They were almost all domestic players who had never been out of PNG and certainly never played in single digit temperatures. After the game some of the players were being treated for hypothermia.

Well the boot is well and truly on the other foot now and the game far more one sided. The poms are lucky they will play PNG in Melbourne and not Port Moresby. In reality the quarter final should've been taken up there. It would have been huge and even if PNG didn't make it they'd still get more than Melbourne will.

beave

Coach
I flew into Moresby yesterday at about 3pm and the conditions were insane when I walked off the plane. The Welsh would have struggled deluxe to handle that sort of weather today the result was always going to happen.

Last edited:
I flew into Moresby yesterday at about 3pm and the conditions were insane when I walked off the plane. The Welsh would have struggled deluxe to handle that sort of weather today the result was always going to happen.
Whats Moresby like is it rough as tgey say it

yakstorm

First Grade
No. They haven't done it for years, but the last winner was Scotland in 2015. That's how they got into Four Nations last year.

Scotland won in 2014, Wales won the last one in 2015 so are technically reigning champions as 2016 was RLWC Qualifiers.

WireMan

Bench
I went to see Wales v PNG in 2007 in Bridgend and I remember poms mostly slagging the PNG boys off because they lost by 30. They were almost all domestic players who had never been out of PNG and certainly never played in single digit temperatures. After the game some of the players were being treated for hypothermia.

:D

So you post on here to big up png and have a pop at wales and to do that you make png sound soft as sh*t.

Good work.

:D

So you post on here to big up png and have a pop at wales and to do that you make png sound soft as sh*t.

Good work.
That's what happened. You poms seem to have a problem with the truth. No wonder you can't hack losing and have to blame the ref every single time. Reality is your enemy.

And of course I didn't say they are soft. You might say that but again the truth isn't your thing. Wales found out how soft they are.

By the way we're currently up to:

Southern Hemisphere 124
Northern hemisphere 16

It's pretty clear where the deficiencies in the sport are.

WireMan

Bench
That's what happened. You poms seem to have a problem with the truth. No wonder you can't hack losing and have to blame the ref every single time. Reality is your enemy.

And of course I didn't say they are soft. You might say that but again the truth isn't your thing. Wales found out how soft they are.

By the way we're currently up to:

Southern Hemisphere 124
Northern hemisphere 16

It's pretty clear where the deficiencies in the sport are.

I didn't say you made it up.

I said you highlighted a story that makes them look as soft as sh*t to big them up.

Which you did.

Good work.