What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
You're right Soren, Rooster's sombrero will allow him to stay along with every other player. The Daily Telecrap published the (real or imagined) salaries paid by the Roosters to their players, and some players are grossly underpaid. Whatever happened to paying market value? Apparently goes out the window for Roosters, Broncos and the few other favoured clubs.

It showed 17 players taking up 98% of cap.

hindy111

Post Whore
Why couldn't that money be spent on other players?

Who is available ? We do have a wing spot that needs upgrading, a hooker amd front row.

He fits the bill in one of those areas. Of course id prefer a better rake and prop. As it stands our wingers would be Hoffman and Auvau. Falou would be a good upgrade.
It would have to be a decent prop to be worth it. Sure if JWH or friend was available.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I was thinking. If you and or el dicko could fly use would be a one eyed one horn flying purple penis eater.
Thats rich coming from a one eyed one horned flying purple penis eater.
Trying to give el diko multiple orgasms
It showed 17 players taking up 98% of cap.
I say yes to class players. Will he make our squad stronger? Yes. Wpuld ypu rsther the 700k or so spare sit in the clubs bank? Id rather Izzy on the wing.
How you going one eyed one horn flying purple penis eater?
emeltdown lol

Who is available ? We do have a wing spot that needs upgrading, a hooker amd front row.

He fits the bill in one of those areas. Of course id prefer a better rake and prop. As it stands our wingers would be Hoffman and Auvau. Falou would be a good upgrade.
It would have to be a decent prop to be worth it. Sure if JWH or friend was available.
Cronk was just signed yesterday, if you believe it. And with the unusual salary cap uncertainty this year there is likely to be more transfers. Not to mention the transfer window doesn't close til mid season, which we benefited from this year by having cap space and signing Moses. And $700K for Folau to play wing is more than questionable, and a lot more than we paid Semi.

hindy111

Post Whore
Cronk was just signed yesterday, if you believe it. And with the unusual salary cap uncertainty this year there is likely to be more transfers. Not to mention the transfer window doesn't close til mid season, which we benefited from this year by having cap space and signing Moses. And $700K for Folau to play wing is more than questionable, and a lot more than we paid Semi.

I wouldn't use more then 400k off cap for Falou so unless could get a 300k tpa I doubt any truth.
But if it was the choice of Falpu or just 700k thst disapeared end of season id take the Falou option.

I wouldn't use more then 400k off cap for Falou so unless could get a 300k tpa I doubt any truth.
But if it was the choice of Falpu or just 700k thst disapeared end of season id take the Falou option.
Well so would I. He's a class player. But I doubt that's the situation we're looking at.

woddy

Juniors
What happened to the NRL warchest of unlimited money (compo) to get back players like Izzy or others from rugby?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I say yes to class players. Will he make our squad stronger? Yes. Wpuld ypu rsther the 700k or so spare sit in the clubs bank? Id rather Izzy on the wing.
700k for a winger who has not played RL in about 7 years???

I glad your not in control of the cap. Who do you think we are the Roosters???

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
"
Parramatta have six players from their top list still off-contract for next season, with only one likely to be retained.

That man is Frank Pritchard.

Turning 34 on Friday, the Eels will wait and see how the backrower’s body pulls up after his duties with Samoa in the World Cup wrap up before offering him a 12 month extension.
Reserve grade players John Folau, Cody Nelson, Scott Schulte, Honeti Tuha and Matthew Woods have all been cut.

These men will be replaced by Holden Cup players ready to make the jump to the fulltime squad."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/2ea068233de78d1f89ed8ca692909a06