What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Bazal

Post Whore
Disagree. Frank was rubbish. Defence terrible. Fitness poor. Impact non existent.
If Kaysa needs big brother to hold his hand dump him too.
At any price Frank the Stank is overpriced.
Yes. Im having a bad morning.

Frank was good before his injury. Ran hard and was tough to put down, and defended far better than I expected after getting fat in the ESL for a bit. Barely had any time to play after the injury healed up. Definitely a better depth signing than we'd get on the open market at the moment.

Gronk

Staff member
Frank was good before his injury. Ran hard and was tough to put down, and defended far better than I expected after getting fat in the ESL for a bit. Barely had any time to play after the injury healed up. Definitely a better depth signing than we'd get on the open market at the moment.

Frank was pretty good vs NZ on the weekend too.

Tommy Coco

Juniors
Seriously, didn’t/haven’t seen this in another thread.

I didn’t think to trawl other posts figured pou would still have it ready to paste

Sorry to all concerned

Gazzamatta

Coach
2017 Frank would have been on $250k? Just a guess. Wonder how much that equates to for minutes played?
Please. Lets not repeat last years mistake.

Bazal

Post Whore
2017 Frank would have been on $250k? Just a guess. Wonder how much that equates to for minutes played?
Please. Lets not repeat last years mistake.

How on earth could you call it a mistake? Averaged 80m a game from 8 runs, 16 tackles and 1 miss. In the two games he started (out of three but he was injured in the third) he made 127m from 14 runs and 129 from 12 runs, and played 65 mins in both.

We will absolutely not replace him with the same quality back up player on the open market or from within the club. Some people just seem to look for things to complain about.

Gazzamatta

Coach
How on earth could you call it a mistake? Averaged 80m a game from 8 runs, 16 tackles and 1 miss. In the two games he started (out of three but he was injured in the third) he made 127m from 14 runs and 129 from 12 runs, and played 65 mins in both.

We will absolutely not replace him with the same quality back up player on the open market or from within the club. Some people just seem to look for things to complain about.
I agree. Some do. I dont. Give his spot to Ray Stone or Pauli Pauli or anyone but not some 40 year old who was an absolute mark by opposition when defending. Missed tackles dont include him huffing and puffing out of position. Im absolutely stunned hes being discussed given BAs reluctance to use him when available. It wont happen.

Bazal

Post Whore
Lol. Reluctance? He played the first 6 rounds of the season before injury...

Yeah, Fritchard is huffing and puffing and out of position (which apparently only you saw) but a 125kg Pauli Pauli who had a dislocated hip and then a broken leg is going to be a better option.

My god...

Gazzamatta

Coach
Lol. Reluctance? He played the first 6 rounds of the season before injury...

Yeah, Fritchard is huffing and puffing and out of position (which apparently only you saw) but a 125kg Pauli Pauli who had a dislocated hip and then a broken leg is going to be a better option.

My god...
Ok. Im not always correct. Obviously we have differents standards. All good. Lets see what happens.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I agree. Some do. I dont. Give his spot to Ray Stone or Pauli Pauli or anyone but not some 40 year old

That is the whole point of having Pritchard in the squad, obviously as a back up which is important but also to provide leadership / experience to our squad.

For someone like Stone who will play plenty of NSW cup before he debuts, do you think he is going to learn more playing with Pritchard ? Or our international rep forward Danny Howard ? Who is more likely to provide him with the right direction.

It's all about getting the right balance in the squad, you cant just fill every spot with a junior with potential!!

Gazzamatta

Coach
Maybe Im miss understanding you. Are you advocating paying FP 200plus K with his main function being as a mentor? Im sure Beau Scott can handle that assignment.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Maybe Im miss understanding you. Are you advocating paying FP 200plus K with his main function being as a mentor? Im sure Beau Scott can handle that assignment.

Not exactly, I see his role as a quality back up along with being a mentor. It's the combination of the two that is probably the reason BA is happy to offer him another contract.

Yeah Scott is a mentor but apart from him and Jennings our experience is pretty limited, thus why BA signed Fritchard.

Also I doubt he is going to be on more then $200k.

Stevie

Bench
Anyone else sit at work on a terrible day just hating life and hearing about these players who are on bargain basement "chump change" 200-250k to keep fit and healthy and be outside for a living?

Sorry, just having one of those days but f**k me I wish that was me. (sigh)

Latest posts