What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

getsmarty

Immortal
No I will not.

Some of you say it will take time to gel.

Well it does not take time to gel.

Look at international teams thrown together .....and perform.

They aren't children you know.

Widdop has had a get out of gaol ticket now for the past 3 years.

Well it's over, no more excuses.
And yes, Hunt has to perform as well.

Funny how Benji goes to Broncos and manages to play better than he ever did with Widdop.

If you have been happy with widdops performances, leadership and passion, I guess that puts you in the same stable as Mary.

Time for you to maybe go too.

Widdop was voted our player of the year...

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/09/17/widdop_wins_player_o.html

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/4929190/widdop-takes-out-top-award/

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e219c28554e0809b9bc01a1ee7e2087-1509599634out of

http://www.nrl.com/cameron-smith-wins-dally-m-medal/tabid/10874/newsid/112559/default.aspx

Time for you to admit that other people can have opinions based on hard facts vs your dribble.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Good players do not take months to gel or build a great partnership, if widdop does.... It just goes to show the real problem we have very clearly.

Munster moves from fullback to centre, then to the halves.... and forms an immediate great partnership with cronk.... No time needed to gel.

Cowboys lose JT, Morgan takes over, no time needed to gel.

Pearce and Keary... No time needed to gel.

Widdop needs time to gel?

More excuses for a lame player if that is the case.

Stability is everything, and Widdop has had to deal with at least a dozen halfbacks since joining the club back in 2014.

Of course, good coaching structures are essential, so it's no surprise he thrived in Melbourne.

I couldn't disagree with your post any more.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
No I will not.

Funny how Benji goes to Broncos and manages to play better than he ever did with Widdop.

If you have been happy with widdops performances, leadership and passion, I guess that puts you in the same stable as Mary.

Two points:

1. given the perilous state of international rugby league, it doesn't make a difference if the Kangaroos don't gel because nine out of ten times, the team will comprehensively flog all opposition.

2. Marshall was coached by Bennett...better coach, better systems for him to thrive.

Although with limited opportunities, it didn't surprise he did well.

Old Timer

Coach
No I will not.

All your previous personalities argued much better than you
What a week imitation of the mighty Vas you really are and not a patch on Ruby or Sigurd
In your twisted world you and Widdop are actually kindred spirits and you don’t even realise it.
Laughable really.

ouryear

Juniors
Two points:

1. given the perilous state of international rugby league, it doesn't make a difference if the Kangaroos don't gel because nine out of ten times, the team will comprehensively flog all opposition.

2. Marshall was coached by Bennett...better coach, better systems for him to thrive.

Although with limited opportunities, it didn't surprise he did well.

Point 1
No they don't....you do realise in the 4 nations matches, we have been beaten by the kiwis REGULARLY, they were the WORLD CHAMPIONS, not us... in the majority of years.... till the last one.

And that was with the supposed wonderful cronk....smith....and the grub slater in the team.

So no.....we are not a lay down winner....go check the last 5 yrs...the kiwis are ahead ...lol!

Point 2.
Come off it. The reason is:
Marshall did NOT have to put up with MRS Widdop, the f..ing sook of a pretender for our on field leader.

FMD....the guy is a Sook.....with a capital S.
He can't play with any number 7.

Put him back to fullback then.
Make the c##t run!

You seriously do not realise our captain is a quasi leader?

Shit I hope Jimmy Graham takes f...ing control.

ouryear

Juniors

Ha ha, by who ffs?

By the same fools who voted Woods as Front Rower player of the year!!

LMAO.

So, you of course agree Woods is the best?

No, you don't.

Now..... get real.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Ha ha, by who ffs?

By the same fools who voted Woods as Front Rower player of the year!!

LMAO.

So, you of course agree Woods is the best?

No, you don't.

Now..... get real.
Widdop was very very close behind Smith in winning the overall Dally M. If not for missing 6 games from injury you'd have to think he could have been up there with Smith

You don't just fluke a Dally M

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Point 1
No they don't....you do realise in the 4 nations matches, we have been beaten by the kiwis REGULARLY, they were the WORLD CHAMPIONS, not us... in the majority of years.... till the last one.

And that was with the supposed wonderful cronk....smith....and the grub slater in the team.

So no.....we are not a lay down winner....go check the last 5 yrs...the kiwis are ahead ...lol!

Point 2.
Come off it. The reason is:
Marshall did NOT have to put up with MRS Widdop, the f..ing sook of a pretender for our on field leader.

FMD....the guy is a Sook.....with a capital S.
He can't play with any number 7.

Put him back to fullback then.
Make the c##t run!

You seriously do not realise our captain is a quasi leader?

Shit I hope Jimmy Graham takes f...ing control.

My reply as follows:

1. Are you certain of that? I mean, I had a 'squiz' at Test results between Australia and NZ since the the turn of the century, and the tally is 30 to 7 in the Kangaroos favour.

So, I'm a bit bemused by your "regular" claim. Yes, the Kiwis won a World Cup (2008?), but this the ONLY occasion that the Kangaroos have lost anything of note since 1978 (against the French).

2. Actually the immaturity of your palpable dislike towards Widdop doesn't deserve a detailed reply, however, I will remind you that any team with two five eighths under the tutelage of an incompetent coach is doomed to fail.

BrissyRedV

Bench
My reply as follows:

1. Are you certain of that? I mean, I had a 'squiz' at Test results between Australia and NZ since the the turn of the century, and the tally is 30 to 7 in the Kangaroos favour.

So, I'm a bit bemused by your "regular" claim. Yes, the Kiwis won a World Cup (2008?), but this the ONLY occasion that the Kangaroos have lost anything of note since 1978 (against the French).

2. Actually the immaturity of your palpable dislike towards Widdop doesn't deserve a detailed reply, however, I will remind you that any team with two five eighths under the tutelage of an incompetent coach is doomed to fail.
Why bother replying to a single minded, ignorant fool. Its simply not worth the time and effort when one is so blind to obvious facts.

Old Timer

Coach
fullback is getting further away for dugan.
How so?
Surely if true Moylan will go straight to 5/8 as that is the position that would be vacant and Moylan has played there at club and SOO level
The FB spot at Sharks will between Holmes & Dugan

jak

Bench
How so?
Surely if true Moylan will go straight to 5/8 as that is the position that would be vacant and Moylan has played there at club and SOO level
time will tell.

Brutalitops

Juniors
The Mole on Twitter suggested that James Roberts wants out of the Broncos. If true we should absolutely chase him, we missed out last time but he was mates with Ben Hunt and perhaps Mundine has some influence and can bring him here.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
The Mole on Twitter suggested that James Roberts wants out of the Broncos. If true we should absolutely chase him, we missed out last time but he was mates with Ben Hunt and perhaps Mundine has some influence and can bring him here.

If so he would be worth a try.
I would go for it

Crush

Coach
I love a good Roberts to Dragons rumour. Ive heard it a few times over the years and always gets me excited. I'd take him in a second. Exactly the kind of tear away center we need.
That would be the cherry on top for our recruitment for 2018.

Crush

Coach
How so?
Unless Pearce to Sharks Rumour has any legs. Then it would be pearce to halves, Moylan to fullback, Holmes to the wing, dugan to the centers and Sharks to the Top 4.

Latest posts