What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TNA SuperThread SPOILERS

Tigers1986

Juniors
Del Rio is toxic. After all he's done, they're still willing to a) bring him back, and b) push him to the moon? Wow.

So a few movements in Impact at the moment:

- Reno Scum are gone (thank god)
- Sami Callahan appears to be coming in, partnering with OVE
- They have also been in negotiations with Ricochet & Tessa Blanchard
- Word is Cyrus has given notice to NJPW and will join Impact as a commentator.

Good news out of Bound for Glory - Sami Callihan & Jimmy Jacobs debuted for the company.

Bad news out of Bound for Glory - the entire PPV was a mix of Impact matches or clusterf**ks, with the exception of the Women's Title & Tag Titles.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Times like these you can't help but lolTNA. Deflect from Morrison's title story to rush the belt onto Aries who got dumped by WWE for being a brat. They've been doing it since 2005 and you'd think they would learn their lesson.

Back to 4 sides as well for the ring

Hawkins

Juniors
A Double is a great pick, better than the Sunday Night Heat fella they had holding it.

The belt had more Charisma than Eli Drake

Times like these you can't help but lolTNA. Deflect from Morrison's title story to rush the belt onto Aries who got dumped by WWE for being a brat. They've been doing it since 2005 and you'd think they would learn their lesson.

Back to 4 sides as well for the ring
Johnny Impact’s main storyline has moved on from the title to feuding with Alberto El Patron.

Also, Austin Aries is making a lot of noise in wrestling circles, so it makes sense to plug into that and possibly get more eyeballs on the product.

Tigers1986

Juniors
They've touted that route since 2005, put the belt on the ex-WWE guy who turns up. It's a shame, as TNA could've been brilliant, but to me, it's just a bush league indy which happens to have a TV deal. Stuck on tape delay and in the one venue for so often is also detrimental.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Aries is an ex-TNA guy who had a minimal stay in WWE. Not really in the same ballpark as putting the title on an ex-WWE guy, although I get how the perception could be there.

Aries is a former TNA World Champion, six time X Division Champion, and Tag Team Champion with Bobby Roode. This is also his 3rd run with Impact. So I would think if it more as a Impact wrestler coming home. Some people would say ROH is his home, being a former 2 time ROH Champion, but his notoriety is definitely greater from Impact.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Why this company persists with this stupid concept is beyond me. So much garbage reasoning behind it, but, at least EC3 gets a fitting farewell unlike Storm.

I wonder who long until EC3 emerges in NXT.

In light of all the departures, there have been a few signings. Gama Singh comes in as a manager (he was a huge star in Canada, Africa, and India), and Brian Cage is now part of the full time roster, after last being seen in Impact as a special attraction for their New York tapings many years ago.

Also, Austin Aries defeated Matt Sydal & Josh Matthews to win the Impact Grand Championship. I would expect that those two titles will be unified, as D’Amore & Callis have both been on the record saying there are too many titles and pointing to the Grand Championship in particular.

Latest posts