What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walmsley

TruSaint

Referee
Walmsley is still under contract in 2018 to St Helens. Whereas contracts can be broken, its more likely that he may be a 2019 target. If Thompson goes, Walmsley may be more of a target for this year.

Yep, makes sense .
He certainly has been linked to us, and I cant be sure that Thommo will stay. Things have gone very quiet with Thommos matter.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Yep, makes sense .
He certainly has been linked to us, and I cant be sure that Thommo will stay. Things have gone very quiet with Thommos matter.

True
As far as I can find out.
Tommo was offered way more than what we pay him and these are hus words ( I don't want to leave but they as in Manly made a offer to good to refuse).
But manly have backed off.
IMO they are hoping to get pearce as a replacement for green.
So all fun a games.
Also re Wamsley mybe 2019 but not this year as far as I can see

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Saints should try a deal to swap Nene McDonald for Walmsly? That would be ideal. Nene will be good in the ESL and may be tempting for them.

MrDragon007

Juniors
Saints should try a deal to swap Nene McDonald for Walmsly? That would be ideal. Nene will be good in the ESL and may be tempting for them.
I gotta say Nene has dissappointed.... i was expecting big things from him after the year he had at the Titans before joining us.
Im holding a little hope that Hunts arrival will see Nene come back to life in 2018.
As for Walmsley, isnt he a big unit? Makes an impact when he comes on.
If the rumours are true that we have gone cold on the idea off getting him for 2018 are true then its dissappointing.
By 2019 who knows, maybe one of our youngsters (Im hoping Kerr) stands up and proves they can be just as destructive in first grade and save us looking elsewhere.
Maybe the arrival of Graham will be just what the doctor ordered to get these young Bulls to stand and deliver.
Iv watched Kerr play a bit in reserves, and watching Walmsley play i noticed the 2 are quite similar in body and size. Kerr just needs to balls up and run a little harder at the defensive line.

possm

Coach
What about a swap Wamsley for Thompson or Allgood or Latimore or maybe Macdonald or one of our speedy backs.

Mark D

Juniors
Nene is a centre IMO...would like to see him given a shot there before we ship him off. He has something
You may be onto something here because for a winger he has dreadful hands and takes up the second play with no energy at all..

Slackboy72

Coach
Looks good in a red v
alex-walmsley-profile.png

Old Timer

Coach
Maybe dodged a big bullet in not getting this bloke
An absolute oaf in defence against France
Little guys easily stepped him and when he lned up a big hit he missed by a fair way
I think some players who go ok in in ESL are still way short of NRL standard
A big body he is but doubt his value especially on a warm day.

getsmarty

Immortal
Maybe dodged a big bullet in not getting this bloke
An absolute oaf in defence against France
Little guys easily stepped him and when he lned up a big hit he missed by a fair way
I think some players who go ok in in ESL are still way short of NRL standard
A big body he is but doubt his value especially on a warm day.

Yep, noticed that as well...but with the correct coaching he could be good..which rules us out.

Old Timer

Coach
Yep, noticed that as well...but with the correct coaching he could be good..which rules us out.
Some big guys are just ponderous and oafish in their movements especially laterally.
The speed of the game here, the heat, the high quality nippy guys around the dummy half would all be difficult for him despite any additional coaching.
TBH he looked like a slightly bigger version of Rory O'Brien and about the same dexterity so as I say dodged a bullet IMO.

True_Believer

Juniors
Walmsley is still under contract in 2018 to St Helens. Whereas contracts can be broken, its more likely that he may be a 2019 target. If Thompson goes, Walmsley may be more of a target for this year.

I'd say if we are seriously looking to sign the guy, these would be the scenarios at this stage.