What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne walking out on Titans.

POPEYE

Coach
Theoretically he also lost his state of origin spot to Gidley in 2010 when Hayne was universally considered the best fullback ever in the galaxy.
This was far more to do with his obscene versatility such that the truth is it is not clear where his best position is (he is better than everyone at 6 different positions in the backline). He dominates all over the park with running, passing, kicking, tackling, creativity. He is a play maker.
Billy is a fullback in a very specific attacking scheme which includes needing to surround him with superstars and wrestling behemoths. He does not have the skill set to play anywhere else. He is so useless at any other position that you cannot even fit him into a squad if he is not the starting fullback.
That'll do me . . . Mr Magoo, you've done it again . . . I'm off to watch paint dry

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Jealous of Hayne? Seriously? The guy loses everywhere he goes. How many wooden spoons has he got? He’s won 1 Origin series out of what like 8-9, and that 1 only happened because Cronk broke his arm. Took a team that made the finals when he joined to 2nd last after just one year. For all the hype about his NFL gig, he really sucked over there. Fumbled so much that he got dropped to the practice squad, then quit cause he realised he was in over his head. Couldn’t crack it in the Fiji 7s team. What exactly is there to be jealous of? Comparing Hayne to Slater is a joke, Hayne can only dream of being at the same level as Slater
LOL!! Barely have to bait the hook.

The_Shield

Juniors
Theoretically he also lost his state of origin spot to Gidley in 2010 when Hayne was universally considered the best fullback ever in the galaxy.
This was far more to do with his obscene versatility such that the truth is it is not clear where his best position is (he is better than everyone at 6 different positions in the backline). He dominates all over the park with running, passing, kicking, tackling, creativity. He is a play maker.
Billy is a fullback in a very specific attacking scheme which includes needing to surround him with superstars and wrestling behemoths. He does not have the skill set to play anywhere else. He is so useless at any other position that you cannot even fit him into a squad if he is not the starting fullback.
Ok first let’s get one thing straight, Jarryd was only considered the best fullback ever in NSW. Nowhere else. Secondly, better then everyone at 6 different positions? He’s not even the best at one position. And lastly, you do know that Billy Slater started his NRL career in the centres right? He played on the wing for QLD (scoring one of the greatest tries in the history of the sport) and even cans of the bench for QLD. And it wasn’t that long ago that Bellamy was seriously considering putting him in the 5/8 spot down at Melbourne. But please do tell everyone how he is only a fullback

T-Boon

Coach
And lastly, you do know that Billy Slater started his NRL career in the centres right? He played on the wing for QLD (scoring one of the greatest tries in the history of the sport) and even cans of the bench for QLD. And it wasn’t that long ago that Bellamy was seriously considering putting him in the 5/8 spot down at Melbourne. But please do tell everyone how he is only a fullback

Haha.
I can imagine Bellamy's logic: "I really want to play Slater at 5/8 because he is fat and slow, only thing stopping me is that he cannot kick, tackle, think, pass or guide a team around the park."

The_Shield

Juniors
Haha.
I can imagine Bellamy's logic: "I really want to play Slater at 5/8 because he is fat and slow, only thing stopping me is that he cannot kick, tackle, think, pass or guide a team around the park."
Ok I’m starting to think you’ve never seen Billy play

T-Boon

Coach
It has also been at least 10 years since Slater has lost the capability of playing wing or centre to the average standard he did set back in the day. He is not big enough now and he does not have the defensive skills.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Haha.

hasnt stopped pearce being in the halves

The_Shield

Juniors
Haha.
You know Slater had 17 try assists this year. That’s more then Cooper Cronk, Luke Keary, Anthony Milford, Mitchell Pearce, Adam Reynolds, Cameron Smith, James Maloney, Nathan Cleary, Corey Norman and way more then Jarryd Hayne

Some stats
Try Assists: Slater 17 - Hayne 5
Tries: Slater 11 - Hayne 8
Tackle breaks: Slater 87 - Hayne 30
Line breaks: Slater 17 - Hayne 9
Line break Assists: Slater 16 - Hayne 7

Not bad for someone who as you say is “fat and slow” and “cannot kick, tackle, think, pass or guide a team around the park”. Next time you might want to make sure the stats support you when you say stupid stuff

T-Boon

Coach
Some stats
Try Assists: Slater 17 - Hayne 5
Tries: Slater 11 - Hayne 8
Tackle breaks: Slater 87 - Hayne 30
Line breaks: Slater 17 - Hayne 9
Line break Assists: Slater 16 - Hayne 7

You just made those stats up.
Shame...shame...shame.

Latest posts