What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Totally OFF the NRL

5starcognac

Juniors
I have played, coached, Refereed, and held every position on committees of Rugby League Clubs. The great game of Rugby League has been a huge part of my life. I love the game! Most of the people I have encountered through the game, are absolutely the most impressive people that you could wish to be involved with. Volunteers!! Good, honest, hard working, trustworthy, selfless and reliable, Mothers, Fathers, or just very community minded folk. The common love between them? Their love for this great game! Driving on a freezing winters morning, to pick up up the canteen/caravan from its frozen block, meeting your fellow volunteers, for a quick coffee, and then when the sun starts to appear, everyone heads off to set up for the day. Marking out fields, setting up the posts, warming the pies, if you have been there you know!!
I hope I am not making it appear to be fruitless, because it is far from that. I would not have missed it for the world!!
It just saddens me to see this wonderful game fall!! And it is falling. but only at the top level. Mainly due to the fact that there are people who have been given the great privilege to take care of the game for a while who somehow think they own the bloody game. The stupidity of them!! Rugby League is what it is because it has been the peoples game.
Its not just the current NRL committee or commission or what ever they choose to call themselves, that I refer to, its most of the players, its the people who run the clubs!! Self centered SOBs.
Anyway I have wasted enough time, I am not going to waste anymore on the NRL. I will be on the hill at the local park games every weekend, and if they need someone to make coffee or run the line, I will be more than happy to do so, just don't talk to me about who signed where or who wants out there within the NRL, because I don't give a crap!!!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The decline happened during the Superleague distraction.

The NRL formation became an inward looking, self sufficient organisation that had no interest investing outside its own game.

Its f**king hard to fix now.

Life's Good

Coach
With respect to the OP and his rant, those same good people for junior footy still exist and still do those great things.
The NRL/ARL have always been the same - protect what there is, the future can be someone else’s problem.

T-Boon

Coach
That is the beauty of B-League. Our first rule is no NRL clubs. NRL is the enemy.

T-Boon

Coach
When I read the title of the thread I was really hoping it was posted by Craig Bellamy.

OVP

Coach
That is the beauty of B-League. Our first rule is no NRL clubs. NRL is the enemy.

The "B" stands for boofhead
SEWaa.jpg

carcharias

Immortal
The 60's?

yep and the 70’s ,80’s and 90’s

I watched for about 10 years before I saw someone other than dogs or eels win one... when they finally did it was f**king Manly
But then the dogs won it straight back.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
yep and the 70’s ,80’s and 90’s

I watched for about 10 years before I saw someone other than dogs or eels win one... when they finally did it was f**king Manly
But then the dogs won it straight back.
Oi!!! Leave my team alone.

If it is possible to say, the Sharks are my second team because of connections dating back to the 1970s/80s. I thoroughly enjoyed your 2016 GF victory.

Last edited:

siv

First Grade
It the old argument of

Professional RL v Part time RL

The two are seperate from U16 to U18 to U20 to RG to NRL

But the ARLC cannot ignore the volunteers and grass roots

There needs to be a place and structure for both

I have played, coached, Refereed, and held every position on committees of Rugby League Clubs. The great game of Rugby League has been a huge part of my life. I love the game! Most of the people I have encountered through the game, are absolutely the most impressive people that you could wish to be involved with. Volunteers!! Good, honest, hard working, trustworthy, selfless and reliable, Mothers, Fathers, or just very community minded folk. The common love between them? Their love for this great game! Driving on a freezing winters morning, to pick up up the canteen/caravan from its frozen block, meeting your fellow volunteers, for a quick coffee, and then when the sun starts to appear, everyone heads off to set up for the day. Marking out fields, setting up the posts, warming the pies, if you have been there you know!!
I hope I am not making it appear to be fruitless, because it is far from that. I would not have missed it for the world!!
It just saddens me to see this wonderful game fall!! And it is falling. but only at the top level. Mainly due to the fact that there are people who have been given the great privilege to take care of the game for a while who somehow think they own the bloody game. The stupidity of them!! Rugby League is what it is because it has been the peoples game.
Its not just the current NRL committee or commission or what ever they choose to call themselves, that I refer to, its most of the players, its the people who run the clubs!! Self centered SOBs.
Anyway I have wasted enough time, I am not going to waste anymore on the NRL. I will be on the hill at the local park games every weekend, and if they need someone to make coffee or run the line, I will be more than happy to do so, just don't talk to me about who signed where or who wants out there within the NRL, because I don't give a crap!!!
Bro wtf wall of text

Paragraphs are your friend