What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

siv

First Grade
It’s weird we’ve taken so long to get better stand angles, we’re improving but as your pictures show we’ve still got a bit to go.

That said I wouldn’t say Robina is a bad stadium, still pretty good.

Robina's problem is no protection from the heat

I wonder how long until we starting adding roofs not just for rain, but like a big shade cloth

Perth Red

Post Whore
It’s weird we’ve taken so long to get better stand angles, we’re improving but as your pictures show we’ve still got a bit to go.

Down side it's bloody hard work climbing them stands! If I'm going in east stand at nib I try not to get past row m or I need oxygen!

taipan

Referee
I'm actually afraid of heights, so I cry myself to sleep,and not bore others witless telling them so.
Remember getting into a cable car in Switzerland long ago,I stood in the middle with colouring my underdogs,whilst a girl standing next to me was crying out loud.

The sheer terror of going to NIB LOL.

El Diablo

Post Whore
private boxes aren't big enough and it scares off wealthy corporate claustrophobic's

the NRL can't get anything right

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm actually afraid of heights, so I cry myself to sleep,and not bore others witless telling them so.
Remember getting into a cable car in Switzerland long ago,I stood in the middle with colouring my underdogs,whilst a girl standing next to me was crying out loud.

The sheer terror of going to NIB LOL.

You seem the type who would be afraid of a lot of things.

taipan

Referee
You seem the type who would be afraid of a lot of things.

Yep I'm afraid of my better half,of my team losing.
What i'm not afraid of, is responding to perpetual whiners.The ones that live off and breed negativity.
Thank whoever they are few and far between. Bit like full moons and vampires.

Pj,Rj,Hj

Juniors

Different countries have different building standard. In regards to Stadiums, I don't know if it's in the BCA but Australia seems to conform with the convention provided by the leading Architectural firms that Tiers shouldn't be steeper than 34 degrees. That French Stadium looks pretty darn steep, and maybe more than 34 degrees.
Most developed counties follow the above rule. certainly with new stadia. Though there's the odd exceptions from Spain like the top tiers of the Bernabeu, the current Estadio Mestalla and Estadio Benito Villamarín. Toyota Stadium in Japan and the damn steep eastern stand top tier at Durban's Kings Park.

Also likely more expensive building a steeper stand (more materials, safety fixtures etc) or bothersome with council height limits and massing.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
It shouldn’t be that hard. Just base Allianz on a newer,, better version of suncorp with the same crowd numbers. And Anz should be a newer better version of suncorp but with another tier to fit 70k.

Latest posts