What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walmsley

I gotta say Nene has dissappointed.... i was expecting big things from him after the year he had at the Titans before joining us.
Im holding a little hope that Hunts arrival will see Nene come back to life in 2018.
As for Walmsley, isnt he a big unit? Makes an impact when he comes on.
If the rumours are true that we have gone cold on the idea off getting him for 2018 are true then its dissappointing.
By 2019 who knows, maybe one of our youngsters (Im hoping Kerr) stands up and proves they can be just as destructive in first grade and save us looking elsewhere.
Maybe the arrival of Graham will be just what the doctor ordered to get these young Bulls to stand and deliver.
Iv watched Kerr play a bit in reserves, and watching Walmsley play i noticed the 2 are quite similar in body and size. Kerr just needs to balls up and run a little harder at the defensive line.
I don't know if anyone agrees but I thought that Nene played his best football at centre for the Titans.
We have never tried in him in that position which I reckon he prefers.
As for props, Kerr is ready for first grade but I also think Lawrie has a lot of upside and is also clever with ball in hand. Hind is another that is ready for FG but we may have lost him, I'm not sure.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I don't know if anyone agrees but I thought that Nene played his best football at centre for the Titans.
As for props, Kerr is ready for first grade but I also think Lawrie has a lot of upside and is also clever with ball in hand. Hind is another that is ready for FG but we may have lost him, I'm not sure.

Dennis
Nene was playing centre at the Roosters to with milne before going to the titans.
I agree he may be a better centre.
As the defence in the centres is more of a one on one situation most of the time.
While on the wing you have to make more decisions on weather to come in off your wing or stay.
It will be interesting to see how he goes against the pommy centres.
I don't think he will play centre here though as Mary think he is the best winger in the club.

Drag Queen

Bench
Dennis
Nene was playing centre at the Roosters to with milne before going to the titans.
I agree he may be a better centre.
As the defence in the centres is more of a one on one situation most of the time.
While on the wing you have to make more decisions on weather to come in off your wing or stay.
It will be interesting to see how he goes against the pommy centres.
I don't think he will play centre here though as Mary think he is the best winger in the club.
With some discipline he could be a fantastic winger. He's big and fast, just a tad immature.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
This is sounding too familiar this story. We were linked with Vaughn this time of year last year, went quiet then got some small hints, then bang, email comes out confirming Vaughn signed and the rest is history. Just hope not only that Walmsly signs, but has the same impact. Vaughn, Walmsly and Graham. That is a pretty solid prop rotation.

Drag Queen

Bench
This is sounding too familiar this story. We were linked with Vaughn this time of year last year, went quiet then got some small hints, then bang, email comes out confirming Vaughn signed and the rest is history. Just hope not only that Walmsly signs, but has the same impact. Vaughn, Walmsly and Graham. That is a pretty solid prop rotation.
It sure could be.

denis preston

First Grade
As long as we are not buying hype and if so not for very much.

barry

Juniors
Nene cops a lot of unfair criticism on here. I actually thought he was good for us this year, especially bringing the ball out of our own half.

How good could you possibly be if Josh Mccrone was the half on your side ?

Reactions: jak

Brutalitops

Juniors
Absolutely astounding that this forum is so reactionary and full of hot takes that some have suddenly decided we dodged a bullet based on one single average performance. Walmsley has been consistently damaging week in week out for St Helens over a long period of time, and just last week was damaging at international level too. And now because his hype levels reached a bit higher than his performance on a particular night, he's damaged goods.

He was no worse than Vaughan was for Italy, is Vaughan not worth holding onto?

Honestly I thought this place was better than an NRL Facebook comments section but that's exactly the sort of shit you would find there. Is Ben Hunt shit because he dropped a grand final?

Walmsley is an excellent player and we would rue passing on him

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Absolutely astounding that this forum is so reactionary and full of hot takes that some have suddenly decided we dodged a bullet based on one single average performance. Walmsley has been consistently damaging week in week out for St Helens over a long period of time, and just last week was damaging at international level too. And now because his hype levels reached a bit higher than his performance on a particular night, he's damaged goods.

He was no worse than Vaughan was for Italy, is Vaughan not worth holding onto?

Honestly I thought this place was better than an NRL Facebook comments section but that's exactly the sort of shit you would find there. Is Ben Hunt shit because he dropped a grand final?

Walmsley is an excellent player and we would rue passing on him
For mine ESL is full of pensioners, has beens, never was's, part timers and the odd good footballer so to play well there is not so hard after all Masoe was doing OK there after being lacklustre here both before and after his ESL gig.
An international against Lebanon is hardly anything to hang a hat on and against France he was very ordinary.
IMO only the very cream of the crop from England ever really make it in Australia and even then many of them crash if they stay too long due to the intensity of our comp compared to theirs.
Hopefully he gets to play against an Australian pack and then we can see how good he is and by the looks of it you think he will shine.

Brutalitops

Juniors
For mine ESL is full of pensioners, has beens, never was's, part timers and the odd good footballer so to play well there is not so hard after all Masoe was doing OK there after being lacklustre here both before and after his ESL gig.
An international against Lebanon is hardly anything to hang a hat on and against France he was very ordinary.
IMO only the very cream of the crop from England ever really make it in Australia and even then many of them crash if they stay too long due to the intensity of our comp compared to theirs.
Hopefully he gets to play against an Australian pack and then we can see how good he is and by the looks of it you think he will shine.
Apologies if I came on a little strong in my initial post. I honestly do feel he will shine, though I agree with you about ESL players often failing over here.

It will be very interesting to see how he goes throughout the finals

TruSaint

Referee
Were looking to put a decent team together, we sent McCrone packing to the other side of the world ............. how more serious do want us to get?

Well said mate.

BTW, Cant use McCrone as an excuse for poor reads, fading in and out of games, etc.

Nene has potential, but hasnt lived up to it. Period. He showed what he could do at the gold coast, but is half that player now.

I hope he turns it around, as he has the size, build and so forth to be a great winger.

Crush

Coach
I don't mind the idea of Nene playing Center with Mann next to him on the right wing. On the left side have Aitken with Nighty outside. It will be nice to have a halfback so now the right side might also get some decent ball and score a few meat pies.

hazzbeen

Bench
I don't mind the idea of Nene playing Center with Mann next to him on the right wing. On the left side have Aitken with Nighty outside. It will be nice to have a halfback so now the right side might also get some decent ball and score a few meat pies.
If thats what it takes for Macca to play at his potential and it gives us a winger that can score a try (Mann) .... That will do me ok ....

denis preston

First Grade
Yes, fools rush in. Basil has been saying all along that time is on our side in regards to future acquisitions.Need to see how the flow goes. Newcastle still has near 2 million to spend !

nontime111

Juniors
I was on my bush walk waaay out today here in WA thinking the same thing...Nenes a Centre not a winger......

my backline for 2018 would be:

Dufty
Mann
Nene
Aitken/Lafai
Nights
Widdop
Hunt

Latest posts