What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos to sign Matt Lodge

This Year?

Immortal
Someone should lodge a complaint with the NRL.

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

imgres

Bloke

Juniors
What happened?
At a corporate level, the Crushers were white-anted by "big brother" at every possible opportunity, with the assistance of News Ltd. I hate the Broncos for personal reasons that can't be disclosed here, let's just say cutie, Boyd and Third Man's toilet escapades were not a new thing, so I had a soft spot for SQ. Plus they had Gilly as captain and Bob Lindner as coach.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
At a corporate level, the Crushers were white-anted by "big brother" at every possible opportunity, with the assistance of News Ltd. I hate the Broncos for personal reasons that can't be disclosed here, let's just say cutie, Boyd and Third Man's toilet escapades were not a new thing, so I had a soft spot for SQ. Plus they had Gilly as captain and Bob Lindner as coach.

The escapades you speak of happen at every single club you idiot. You are aware gilly played for the Broncos yeah?

Cult03

Juniors
It sure was nice of the Broncos to sign Blake Ferguson, Anthony Watts, Todd Carney, Zane Tetevano, Suaia Matagi, Paul Carter, Danny Wicks, Willis Meehan, Russell Packer, Addin Fonua-Blake, Anthony Watmough, Robert Lui and Greg Bird so every other club in the NRL could have a bunch of upstanding citizens running around every week.

Last edited:
It sure nice of the Broncos to sign Blake Ferguson, Anthony Watts, Todd Carney, Zane Tetevano, Suaia Matagi, Paul Carter, Danny Wicks, Willis Meehan, Russell Packer, Addin Fonua-Blake, Anthony Watmough, Robert Lui and Greg Bird so every other club in the NRL could have a bunch of upstanding citizens running around every week.
You forgot Kieran Foreskin

Life's Good

Coach
It sure nice of the Broncos to sign Blake Ferguson, Anthony Watts, Todd Carney, Zane Tetevano, Suaia Matagi, Paul Carter, Danny Wicks, Willis Meehan, Russell Packer, Addin Fonua-Blake, Anthony Watmough, Robert Lui and Greg Bird so every other club in the NRL could have a bunch of upstanding citizens running around every week.

Needs more Tim Simona, Kirisome Avua’a & Ryan Tandy,

_Johnsy

Referee
True. The pride and passion of your typical Broncos player sets a high standard for the lesser clubs to aspire to. Wins are expected, losses are devestating. Players at most other clubs regard games as unwelcome interruptions to their pokies feeding schedule.
Andrew GEE??

And the Toovey stomp in the 1997 NRL GF.

And the grub Harragon displayed towards Tooves early in the match with Mark Carroll hanging one on him from memory.

I got married the day before that GF so my memory was a bit fuzzy.
I still hope that roid junkie gets his head squashed the filthy merkin

txta2

Bench
Broncos' cap questioned after Lodge rejects huge Newcastle offer for peanuts

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rug...-peanuts/ar-BBETGZO?li=AA54yd&ocid=spartandhp

Something smells fishy with the Broncos salary cap after controversial prop Matt Lodge rejected a monster deal with Newcastle to stay at Red Hill, according to journalist Phil Rothfield.

Lodge divided opinion last week when Brisbane handed him an NRL lifeline with a reported $85,000 one-year deal as Wayne Bennett plans to use him as his starting prop next season.

The former Tiger admitted he was close to calling it quits after accumulating a massive amount of debt from his lawsuit where he was forced to cough up $1.6 million in damages for assaulting a New York couple.

The hefty bill is the reason why Rothfield can't understand why Lodge wouldn't opt for a lucrative three-year $1.5 million contract with the cash-loaded Knights.

Brown reportedly looked into the services of the out-of-favour front-rower after an impressive year with Brisbane's feeder in the Redcliffe Dolphins, but Lodge chose to repay the favour to the Broncos for giving him a second chance.

But, it's a huge sacrifice that has put question marks on the Queensland powerhouse's salary cap expenditure.

‘’Now I don’t know what’s happening with the Broncos salary cap and they go and sign him for $100,000,'' Rothfield told Fox Sports' NRL 360.

‘’I’m told he knocked back $400, $500 and $500 (thousand over three years).

‘’You haven’t worked for two years, so he’s taken as you’ve said $85,000, and I’m telling you Newcastle offered him $1.5 (million).

‘’I’m not saying there’s a rort but there’s something sus about it, how a kid who hasn’t earned money for so long, has stayed at the Broncos so cheap.’’

Panellist Andrew Webster butted in with some reasoning for Lodge's lower-paying choice.

‘’Power of one – he wants to go and play for Wayne Bennett,’’ he said.

If Lodge was so troubled by his inability to pay off his debts, the idea of moving to Newcastle could have both solved his financial issues and satisfied his desire to play first-grade football.

‘’Theoretically, $1.5 (million) he nearly pays his debt in New York after three years. He at least gets half of it done if he’s sensible,’’ NRL 360 co-host Paul Kent said.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Broncos' cap questioned after Lodge rejects huge Newcastle offer for peanuts

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rug...-peanuts/ar-BBETGZO?li=AA54yd&ocid=spartandhp

Something smells fishy with the Broncos salary cap after controversial prop Matt Lodge rejected a monster deal with Newcastle to stay at Red Hill, according to journalist Phil Rothfield.

Lodge divided opinion last week when Brisbane handed him an NRL lifeline with a reported $85,000 one-year deal as Wayne Bennett plans to use him as his starting prop next season.

The former Tiger admitted he was close to calling it quits after accumulating a massive amount of debt from his lawsuit where he was forced to cough up $1.6 million in damages for assaulting a New York couple.

The hefty bill is the reason why Rothfield can't understand why Lodge wouldn't opt for a lucrative three-year $1.5 million contract with the cash-loaded Knights.

Brown reportedly looked into the services of the out-of-favour front-rower after an impressive year with Brisbane's feeder in the Redcliffe Dolphins, but Lodge chose to repay the favour to the Broncos for giving him a second chance.

But, it's a huge sacrifice that has put question marks on the Queensland powerhouse's salary cap expenditure.

‘’Now I don’t know what’s happening with the Broncos salary cap and they go and sign him for $100,000,'' Rothfield told Fox Sports' NRL 360.

‘’I’m told he knocked back $400, $500 and $500 (thousand over three years).

‘’You haven’t worked for two years, so he’s taken as you’ve said $85,000, and I’m telling you Newcastle offered him $1.5 (million).

‘’I’m not saying there’s a rort but there’s something sus about it, how a kid who hasn’t earned money for so long, has stayed at the Broncos so cheap.’’

Panellist Andrew Webster butted in with some reasoning for Lodge's lower-paying choice.

‘’Power of one – he wants to go and play for Wayne Bennett,’’ he said.

If Lodge was so troubled by his inability to pay off his debts, the idea of moving to Newcastle could have both solved his financial issues and satisfied his desire to play first-grade football.

‘’Theoretically, $1.5 (million) he nearly pays his debt in New York after three years. He at least gets half of it done if he’s sensible,’’ NRL 360 co-host Paul Kent said.

Saw the name Rothfield and immediately ignored.

Newcastle have done some dumb shit over the years under the stewardship of Tinkler, Bennett and Hagan but this is just ridiculous. Glad Broncos have the prick. Cannot wait to see the cctv of Lodgies and Jimmy Jets 1st night out.

Lock up your daughters Brisbane!!!

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Saw the name Rothfield and immediately ignored.

Newcastle have done some dumb shit over the years under the stewardship of Tinkler, Bennett and Hagan but this is just ridiculous. Glad Broncos have the prick. Cannot wait to see the cctv of Lodgies and Jimmy Jets 1st night out.

Lock up your daughters Brisbane!!!
And your felines.

I have a feeling that canetoads won't be safe either.

Latest posts