What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redneck Redfaces 2

T-Boon

Coach
I like James because of the way he takes the piss and the money

I agree James has the okka, numbskull character down pat. He is like a caricature of the ultimate dip shit footy head. For example "yes" is pronounce "air - her, her".
But earlier you said you like him because he is an 80/80 player but since defence is half the game and he is a complete liability in defence (i.e. missed tackles and penalties conceded) hows that work out?

POPEYE

Coach
For BR: you hope

For TB: Not stopping tries 8/10 times works out for Jarryd so why not James, I suppose if James didn't win the cup for clubs that pay him to do so he'd be just another Hayne . . . badly overrated

Which player do you think Jabba would rather have . . . I'm not patronizing you ol' mate, I'm genuinely waiting for paint to dry

T-Boon

Coach
Maloney is a bludger in defence. He does not put in. He goes home from training early for BBQ when the tackle bags come out. That is one of the reasons he is never on massive dollars. It is factored into his worth.

POPEYE

Coach
Maloney is a bludger in defence. He does not put in. He goes home from training early for BBQ when the tackle bags come out. That is one of the reasons he is never on massive dollars. It is factored into his worth.
I'll concede if you go away . . . but do not think I don't appreciate the bumps

POPEYE

Coach
Mascord tells of 'How Cronk picked his Australian halves partner', it may have been way back before the Anzac Test but headlines this time of year need to give a helping hand to the text. I'm surprised the SMH is still letting me read without subscribing, printed media for me is usually free in the local coffee shop . . . pay no f**king way I say

Anyway, Mascord hints that Cronk didn't want Munster instead of Morgan when the probable truth is Mal is still a Qldr, he knows Morgan needs every bit of 'Cronk' he can get. When Cooper and Thurston are gone Qld /Aust will need Michael at his best at #7 when Cameron plays #6

I can't see Munster falling for the bullshit NSW wants him to believe, that he's somehow being 'overlooked', at only 23 and with the advice he's getting he'll know where his future lies

POPEYE

Coach
Best news for a long while, great to see Brett Hodgson returning to the NRL, even better to have him coach the 'Magpies'. The bloke had the intestinal fortitude of Mick Cronin, maybe not the presence but undoubtedly trustworthy to give his all

He was better than some NRL Fullbacks when he went to England just as Pat Richards was better than most Wingers when he first went to ESL, imo their premature ejaculation from Australia was a f**king sour point in the history of RL

Brett says he's looking forward to learning from Ivan, with luck he'll make a good Intrust Cup coach and graduate to NRL. If Newcastle's Nathan Brown becomes a Supercoach why not Hodgson . . . I'd rather believe in that possibility than the Pope's imaginary friend

POPEYE

Coach
"He left such a legacy for all of us . . . for this team. We are so grateful we were coached by the legend that is Graham Murray" - Jillaroos

. . . nothing will top that in this WC

POPEYE

Coach
There you go, the Bati have 'upset' the Kiwis, both Hayne and Johnson went missing for most of the game so it was up to the rest to muddle in a puddle of passion. Most of the Bati played by feel and the Kiwi played by touch

All it would have taken was for either side to have a Cronk/Thurston/Smith or even a Moses to make proper use of the last 20 metres and the game would have been a no-contest . . . and that would've been a f**king shame

The mens' shed was rocking, 'Where are you Jarryd, you're supposed to be somewhere in 4 of the 6' or 'Shaun, what the f**k was that' were the catchcries. That aside, the to-and-fro was a raucous spectacle, great entertainment . . . pity after the whistle the talk turned to Kidwell

POPEYE

Coach
By hook or by crook the WC has been made to look better than it should've been, we're lucky no-one died in the heat and if it wasn't for the Kiwis the whole thing just deja vu. Couldn't be helped if we want extracurricular RL down under . . . unless the entire event was scheduled for Tassie or the South Island

Nobby says the Poms will be beaten by Tonga but will it be enough, will Kidwell's sacrifice be in vain, Mascord has asked if it's enough to make the f**kwits in charge take notice. How much swing does Voss really have . . . does Wankerland even care about RL other than what 'their' club produces

Convincing media moguls that fairytales make a difference will be as difficult as watching PNG without a playmaker. The surprise to come from this WC won't be the unexpected inept performance from NZ, to give the teams that made a difference a shot at prime time mid-season the NRL will need to grow some balls . . . that will be the real f**king surprise

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
"He left such a legacy for all of us . . . for this team. We are so grateful we were coached by the legend that is Graham Murray" - Jillaroos

. . . nothing will top that in this WC
every nth qlder old enough to remember the late 90's early 00's has a special place in their heart for muzz. Upgraded the roosters roster into a ferrari then had to hand the keys over to sticky to take the credit for the next 3 years then do the same to turn a laughing stock of a club around and within 3 seasons take them to their first semi's in 04 and then the first GF in 05. Hurts to try and think how history would have turned out if we ended up with soemone else.

T-Boon

Coach
The mens' shed was rocking, 'Where are you Jarryd, you're supposed to be somewhere in 4 of the 6' or 'Shaun, what the f**k was that' were the catchcries.

This sounds like a scene in the shed with Russell Crowe in the movie A Beautiful Mind.

POPEYE

Coach
I'm taking an elderly neighbour on a 8 hour round trip to see his daughter in hospital at Newcastle, my good deed for the year, while waiting I'm going to visit the op shops for a Knights' jersey . . . surely Newcastle has to be everyone's 2nd favourite mens shed team

Even if Pearce isn't smart enough to realise he can name his own price next year should be Brown's breakout year . . . methinks he might even get a 51% pass

Not sure the decision rests entirely with Pearce anyway, Brownie might be more astute than that, maybe he thinks keeping a lid on expectations for the time being is the better path. Knights' supporters won't care if slow and easy wins the race, they are not that irascible

POPEYE

Coach
Best news of the off-season up until now is Blake Green going to the Warriors, a great signing because he's probably the only good Half who won't give Johnson an excuse to spit his dummy

I'm with Koroisau, Blake was a bigger surprise with the Seagles than he was with the Storm and he never ruffled anyone's feathers in the process. He made DCE look better than what he is and fingers crossed he does the same for Shaun

Kearney should realise by now that like taking a horse to water you can't make it drink, asking Johnson to do what he has to is the same thing. Instead of the #7 passing the ball willy nilly when he can't find a glory hole hopefully he can tally up many more Imaginary MOM performances when the new #6 creates the opportunities . . . and does it with a wink to the coach

T-Boon

Coach
Best news of the off-season up until now is Blake Green going to the Warriors, a great signing because he's probably the only good Half who won't give Johnson an excuse to spit his dummy

I always liked Blake Green.
Remember watching him on TV playing for Westfield Sports High. He had a great long kicking game even then that I thought would be gold for Parra. He lived next door to Nathan Cayless growing up...Did people know that?
Anyway, he is the best 40/20 kicker in the game and I think he would have a million dollar contract under my proposed 40/30 rule.

Latest posts