What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winx2016 v Sunline 2000

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I changed my mind to Winx,her turn of foot would run down Sunline like Lonhro did in the Yalumba Stakes and Jim and Tonic did in Dubai Duty Free Stakes

Sunline is legendary but Winx is a little bit better.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I changed my mind to Winx,her turn of foot would run down Sunline like Lonhro did in the Yalumba Stakes and Jim and Tonic did in Dubai Duty Free Stakes

Sunline is legendary but Winx is a little bit better.

Pretty much sums it up. Sunline was just awesome but Winx will undoubtably be top 5 Aus/NZ horses ever by the time she retires.

Can’t belive in the space of a couple of years we have had Black Caviar and now Winx.

I never thought Winx would get near her 25 wins in a row but she will shit that in.. debatable now who is better, I think BC did it against better opposition but Winx has done it from 1200-2400.

From memory though it seemed when BC was running around there was more general hype about her in the mainstream media?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Pretty much sums it up. Sunline was just awesome but Winx will undoubtably be top 5 Aus/NZ horses ever by the time she retires.

Can’t belive in the space of a couple of years we have had Black Caviar and now Winx.

I never thought Winx would get near her 25 wins in a row but she will shit that in.. debatable now who is better, I think BC did it against better opposition but Winx has done it from 1200-2400.

From memory though it seemed when BC was running around there was more general hype about her in the mainstream media?
Was it because she was unbeaten???

And trained in Victoriania??

I have to admit it’s easily how we forget but BC made champion sprinters like Hay List and Buffering look like Plodders.

Lucky to have watched them both.

Sphagnum

Coach
Was it because she was unbeaten???

And trained in Victoriania??

I have to admit it’s easily how we forget but BC made champion sprinters like Hay List and Buffering look like Plodders.

Lucky to have watched them both.

It was because the owners of black caviar were all over the marketing and seemed more approachable and likable. They knew they could make some serious coin out of the marketing and merchandise.

I don't feel like there is anything like that with Winx which just goes to show you that the racing marketing team is fast asleep at the wheel as well.

Both champions in their own right who would never have met on the track so can't really be compared.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
It was because the owners of black caviar were all over the marketing and seemed more approachable and likable. They knew they could make some serious coin out of the marketing and merchandise.

I don't feel like there is anything like that with Winx which just goes to show you that the racing marketing team is fast asleep at the wheel as well.

Both champions in their own right who would never have met on the track so can't really be compared.

Both champion horses but both owned by groups of squillionaires so hard to feel overly happy for them.

That Debbie lady that owns 'Winxy' does my head in.

Love a story like Takeover Target, Yankee Rose, She Will Reign etc horses that make millions owned by battlers

Sphagnum

Coach
Both champion horses but both owned by groups of squillionaires so hard to feel overly happy for them.

Love a story like Takeover Target, Yankee Rose, She Will Reign etc horses that make millions owned by battlers

Sebring?

to_ddeath

Coach

Adam??

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Shoot out on debut beat the thing i backed and i thought it was a handy win, i checked it's breeding and with a double cross of the mighty Northern dancer thought he might be one to follow.

i backed him in his next start in the QTC Sires (at 30's) and he romped it in.

Backed him plenty more times, had to be one of my more winningest horses.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Shoot Out one of them horses people already forgotten even though he was a gun who won about 5 group 1 races

Latest posts