What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Man-sewar

OVP

Coach
This thread gets OVP's tick of approval.

tick.png

AJB1102

First Grade
If OP is talking about the pronunciation of player's names in the RLWC I kind of agree.

Who the f**k is Kevin Ninegarma?

Darryl Halligan busts hus guts to Maori-up everyone's name with a bunch of rolling R's.

Bit disappointed they don't put in the same effort for players of other nations like Scotland and call "Douglass" like Groundskeeper Willie. Doooglass!

Munted

Bench
If OP is talking about the pronunciation of player's names in the RLWC I kind of agree.

Who the f**k is Kevin Ninegarma?

Darryl Halligan busts hus guts to Maori-up everyone's name with a bunch of rolling R's.

Bit disappointed they don't put in the same effort for players of other nations like Scotland and call "Douglass" like Groundskeeper Willie. Doooglass!
100%
Very selective over pronunciation of a few players surnames.

Blues Riff

Bench
I reckon the commentators are going well. So much better than the usual bogan drivel.
There's a subtle quality to how they pronounce Kev's name, more like Ni-ang-gama. Also like how they do Takairangi. In general, it sounds like they've bothered to get it right.
Dunno about Mansour though.

mozza91

Coach
Glad someone has the courage to come out and say it.

No response from Greenberg and his merry gang of plebs. f**king typical.

Latest posts