What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Club Challenge

Saxon

Bench
Because Melbourne won't fly to the England

Maybe that's because Melbourne have played the WCC 4 times so far and every time have had to go to England to do it.
If it's the great treat we keep being told it is, why shouldn't Storm fans have the opportunity to have it at home for a change?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Why have they schedules a trial against the Warriors that same weekend?!?!?

Its like they are TRYING to ruin the WCC. The players are playing anyway, is it so hard to PRETEND to care about the WCC?

POPEYE

Coach

Its like they are TRYING to ruin the WCC. The players are playing anyway, is it so hard to PRETEND to care about the WCC?
Melbourne might play both the Warriors and WCC on the same weekend . . . get in practice for Origin

LeedsStorm

Juniors
No, however I do think that the NRL clubs aren't going to take it seriously or be interested in it unless it does make them more money, and that the only way that it's going to make them more money is if the WCCs' brand and prestige is grown down here, and to do that it's going to have to be played down here often and that since it doesn't make the NRL clubs money and they aren't interested in it the RFL and SL clubs are going to have to produce it and grow it down here (as well as in England) by themselves if they want the fixture to continue and to grow into the future.

I notice that you didn't answer any of my questions by the way.

There was only one and it has already been answered by the OP.
It's moot anyway as its on and happening and both clubs are up for it.

thorson1987

Coach

Our main side will play the WCC, rest of the squad will play the trial.

Travitoh

First Grade
Agreed. I live here and love it but the need to incessantly beat its chest makes me want to leave Melbourne sometimes. Melbourne thinks it's the Australian equivalent of NY FFS.

If you tell people something often enough, eventually it will be believed.

Travitoh

First Grade
WCC has the potential to be bigger than what it is but for this to happen, it needs to have the games alternate between the two counturies for a start.
Playing it in England more often than not is poor for tv times and denies Australian crowds the opportunity to attend, yet we are expected to support the concept? Why? Without meaning to sound arrogant, we know that we are better than the ESL and don't need to tour the UK to prove it.

There needs to be an incentive for the Australian public to get behind it and i believe it begins with giving us an opportunity to actually support it.
Maybe play it on a Saturday afternoon in the UK/night in Aus to cater for tv times for both crowds?

From a club and player point of view, the concept is in danger of going the same way as the Charity Shield if there isn't a reason to treat it otherwise.
Player bonuses for taking part that don't count towards the cap?
Prize money for both clubs for taking part and an extra amount for the winner?

I do believe it can work and i enjoy the concept personally, it just needs some help to be taken more seriously.

Saxon

Bench

You just can't f*ckin' win sometimes. The A team is going to play Leeds, apparently they're sending a second string team to play the Warriors. I suppose someone's gonna have a sook about that next.

Anyway, why should they have to care? Or even pretend to? Maybe if it was a real challenge between the two competition Premiers with their best available teams following directly after the grand finals at the end of the season where they won them it would actually matter.
That's why the Superbowl worked (and continues to do so) and the WCC doesn't.

WireMan

Bench
Funny how some posts go on about no challenge etc.

Last year both Australian teams lost.

Easily.

Brisbane were rubbish.

The easiest game we played all year came 3rd in the nrl. Let that sink in.

This year the excuses are already starting just in case the storm lose.

Pommy

Coach
WCC has the potential to be bigger than what it is but for this to happen, it needs to have the games alternate between the two counturies for a start.
Playing it in England more often than not is poor for tv times and denies Australian crowds the opportunity to attend, yet we are expected to support the concept? Why? Without meaning to sound arrogant, we know that we are better than the ESL and don't need to tour the UK to prove it.

There needs to be an incentive for the Australian public to get behind it and i believe it begins with giving us an opportunity to actually support it.
Maybe play it on a Saturday afternoon in the UK/night in Aus to cater for tv times for both crowds?

From a club and player point of view, the concept is in danger of going the same way as the Charity Shield if there isn't a reason to treat it otherwise.
Player bonuses for taking part that don't count towards the cap?
Prize money for both clubs for taking part and an extra amount for the winner?

I do believe it can work and i enjoy the concept personally, it just needs some help to be taken more seriously.

Lost both games this year.

beave

Coach
I love it when the dentally challenged and unwashed ones think their 2 bit club teams are superior to the NRL sides because they get a win in the WCC or associated games.

Whats the point playing the f**king thing 5 months after the respective GF’s? Melbourne will be missing Cronk, Mclean, Harris and a few others. The side will have key players missing but whatevs. I hope the Storm go through them like a dose of the salts regardless.

The last time a team that went to that dung heap of a country who took it seriously and had an uchanged line up was my idiots in 2016, what was the final score again 38-6 in favour of the NQ boys?

This year they all treated it like it should have been, a trip to see what life would have been like if our ancestors didn’t use their brains and stole bread to get a free holiday south to a more luxurious lifestyle that contained bath tubs and a big gasesous warm ball in the sky.

Last edited:

LeedsStorm

Juniors
Melbourne will be missing Cronk, Mclean, Harris and a few others. The side will have key players missing but whatevs.

Leeds however, will have their best 17 of all time available :rolleyes:

You can't compete with this level of ignorance

WireMan

Bench
I love it when the dentally challenged and unwashed ones think their 2 bit club teams are superior to the NRL sides because they get a win in the WCC or associated games.

Having two teams playing each other to see who is the best is a good concept.

It is good you love this.

Are you new to sport? Stick around you may like it.
To help you understand, it's the reason storm are the nrl champions not nq.