What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Club Challenge

LeedsStorm

Juniors
Sadly its all hypothetical because NRL teams tell us they only lost because they weren't trying.

Tell you what though, Uncle Gary would love an NRL sized salary cap!

POPEYE

Coach
If Leeds or any other ESL club played a full season in the NRL the only trophy they'd be taking home is the wooden spoon.

They might make the finals in QLD or NSW cup.
Maybe not if the Poms we use decide to play for them . . . you could do without your contingent couldn't you

beave

Coach
Having two teams playing each other to see who is the best is a good concept.

It is good you love this.

Are you new to sport? Stick around you may like it.
To help you understand, it's the reason storm are the nrl champions not nq.

Jesus christ another geniused pom. Of course its a good overall concept you mouth breather, but the concept and the way its currently executed is highly flawed.

Playing the WCC 5 months after each side has played their respective GF’s and have had multiple players leave and move to other clubs makes it pretty f**king pointless. Sam Kasiano will be playing for the Storm FFS, he didnt even play for Melbourne the year they won the damn comp.

You don’t have to worry about it though, Warrington will never win a comp any time soon so it’s pretty much a moot point for a Wolves fan.

Last edited:

beave

Coach
Sadly its all hypothetical because NRL teams tell us they only lost because they weren't trying.

Tell you what though, Uncle Gary would love an NRL sized salary cap!

It’s not the NRL’s fault your shit comp can only raise $1.50 in sponsorship revenue thus only allowing your piss ant salary cap.

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
Funny how some posts go on about no challenge etc.

Last year both Australian teams lost.

Easily.

Brisbane were rubbish.

The easiest game we played all year came 3rd in the nrl. Let that sink in.

This year the excuses are already starting just in case the storm lose.

Are you serious!?

I don’t remember the Broncos preparation for last year, but I assume that it was similar the Sharks preparation and their prep in previous years, they jumped on a plane a week before the game, landed in London, went on tours of some famous landmarks, went on tours of some of the famous European cites, played the annoying game that interrupted their holiday, partied the rest of the time they had, then jumped on a plane home.

If you really think that they took that game seriously with preparation like that then you’re delusional...

BuffaloRules

Coach
Stupid Pommy twat posters looking for some attention because they fluked a win once or twice in a game that everything is in their favour and they get pole axed on most occasions..

How about send the Poms over here? Didn't the Roosters beat Wigan a Gazillion Nil in Sydney the only time it's been played here the last 30 years ?

Happy to go toe to toe with the Pommy trolls on this one...they might have to go back further than 1 year though

Last edited:

WireMan

Bench
Well that told me! :D

Insults and excuses from you all just makes it clear some of you are having a hard time with the fact the nrl teams got beat.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

You need to deal with it so your teams have a chance going forward. It will be good for the competition.

LeedsStorm

Juniors
It’s not the NRL’s fault your shit comp can only raise $1.50 in sponsorship revenue thus only allowing your piss ant salary cap.

You raise a good point (completely intended, I suspect). I never understood why Storm were stripped of the WCC for salary cap breaches when their salary cap was already 4 times higher than Leeds'.

So basically:
Better ability to attract and pay talent
Better comp
Better coaches
Better conditions
Better off season

So how the frig are Super league still leading this concept in wins? Ah because NRL players don't try. Gee that's professional.

Name calling and ignorance aside, hopefully a proper club like Melbourne can treat the concept with some respect and the game will pick up some new fans on the way.

Personally can't wait

some11

Referee
Please tell me they've canned the awful 'expansion' of this game, it should only ever be premiers vs premiers.