What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

no name

Coach
But really, doesn’t want to play 5/8 to Cronk but happy to play 5/8 to DCE.

If he does sign for Manly which is not a certainty, it sounds like there’s a bit of f**k you to the Roosters if that’s the case
I reckon he's been told that he would be playing hooker off the bench.
The whole 'he will learn off Cronk' line is purely to make Pearce request a release instead of them releasing him and having to pay out some of his contract.
I don't think the Roosters really care where he ends up.

POPEYE

Coach
Teams that Pearce would improve: Knights, Raiders, Broncos, Dogs, Tigers, Titans, Rabbitohs . . . which rumour is best

mozza91

Coach
pearce spotted with knights signing contracts apparantly according to the fb
Hoping it’s true because we need an experienced half. But as if they’d sign the contract in a place that a member of the public could spot it.

POPEYE

Coach
But really, doesn’t want to play 5/8 to Cronk but happy to play 5/8 to DCE.

If he does sign for Manly which is not a certainty, it sounds like there’s a bit of f**k you to the Roosters if that’s the case
History is littered with Roosters/Seagles f**kyouing each other

SBD82

Coach
Pearce could have stayed at Easts and became a better player beside Cronk.
They played an interview with thurston on MMM last night. He was pretty critical of Pearce, saying that what Pearce lacked was the ability to close out close games, and he could have spent time with cronk to learn a lot, then continued playing for a few seasons after cronk left.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
They played an interview with thurston on MMM last night. He was pretty critical of Pearce, saying that what Pearce lacked was the ability to close out close games, and he could have spent time with cronk to learn a lot, then continued playing for a few seasons after cronk left.

none of his f**king business

RazorRam0n

Juniors
You're so right. What would thurston know about being a halfback in the NRL?

what would he know about the roosters organisation? what would he know about what makes mitchell pearce tick?

peter sterling knows a shitload about the nrl too and said he'd have done exactly the same as mitch. thurston is just another opinion and one that simply isn't needed.

SBD82

Coach
what would he know about the roosters organisation? what would he know about what makes mitchell pearce tick?

peter sterling knows a shitload about the nrl too and said he'd have done exactly the same as mitch. thurston is just another opinion and one that simply isn't needed.
So sterling's opinion is relevant because he agrees with you and thurston's isn't because he doesn't? Ok. Understood.

You understand we are on a site that is wholly based around opinion. Right?

Or will you reserve your comments to forming a successful clique from now on Scotty?

RazorRam0n

Juniors
So sterling's opinion is relevant because he agrees with you and thurston's isn't because he doesn't? Ok. Understood.

You understand we are on a site that is wholly based around opinion. Right?

Or will you reserve your comments to forming a successful clique from now on Scotty?

no it doesn't, it's not either of their business to stick their noses in (sterling more than thurston literally speaking). the difference is sterling is giving his opinion, thurston is for some reason deliberately interferring like he has a vested interest in the decision, who knows why.

you're suggesting one's opinion is more valid than the other, i'm suggesting neither are

SBD82

Coach
no it doesn't, it's not either of their business to stick their noses in (sterling more than thurston literally speaking). the difference is sterling is giving his opinion, thurston is for some reason deliberately interferring who knows why.
I found it refreshing hearing thurstons thoughts. I think too often players sanitize what they say for the media. I don't necessarily agree with him, but it's an interesting quote.

Sterling can comment however he likes too. But why you think his opinion is any more relevant than thurstons I have no idea.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
I found it refreshing hearing thurstons thoughts. I think too often players sanitize what they say for the media. I don't necessarily agree with him, but it's an interesting quote.

Sterling can comment however he likes too. But why you think his opinion is any more relevant than thurstons I have no idea.

No one's mentioned Sterling's opinion because he hasn't gone as far as demanding Pearce what to do.

As I said above.... you're suggesting one's opinion is more valid than the other, i'm suggesting neither are.

SBD82

Coach
No one's mentioned Sterling's opinion because he hasn't gone as far as demanding Pearce what to do.

As I said above.... you're suggesting one's opinion is more valid than the other, i'm suggesting neither are.
Huh? I think you're trying to find a fight that doesn't exist Scotty.

I never said one was more valid than the other. Just that thurstons comments are interesting.