What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

IFR33K

Coach
But we've announced our sponsor... and any TPAs that Hayne attracts go straight in his own pocket.

Does anyone seriously know of people that stopped supporting the Eels just because Hayne shot through? It's all a myth, our memberships are the highest they've ever been without the guy.

We should pull the rumoured offer as soon as he seeks a release from Titans imo, and leave the serial contract dodger in no mans land.

I’m not all for his return, but the media frenzy, the exposure, the hype, the possible endless business opportunities would be insane. Build Freddy can see this.

phantom eel

First Grade
I'll happily admit the error of my confidence if he signs... even though I've been proven right for the past three years.

Of course the reason he ended up at the Titans was because despite ARU interest the Waratahs didn't want a bar of the guy...

But that will be glossed over once the hype machine kicks into gear, and fanboys drink the kool-aid. Same as it ever was...

phantom eel

First Grade
I’m not all for his return, but the media frenzy, the exposure, the hype, the possible endless business opportunities would be insane. Build Freddy can see this.
Hopefully blind Freddy doesn't pick yesterday's hero for the Blues next year!

Dibs

Bench
I'll happily admit the error of my confidence if he signs... even though I've been proven right for the past three years.

Of course the reason he ended up at the Titans was because despite ARU interest the Waratahs didn't want a bar of the guy...

But that will be glossed over once the hype machine kicks into gear, and fanboys drink the kool-aid. Same as it ever was...
You haven’t been right for the past 3 years. You claimed Hayne had made it after kicking a field goal last year. That was clearly wrong he has been pretty ordinary since then.

Noise

Coach

The reason the Waratahs couldn't get him was due to Hayne having already played for Fiji sevens. This meant he was not eligible for the Wallabies (IRB rules) so the ARU were not going to chip in thus Waratahs having no where near the cash available.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I firmly believe he could have played for us if he wanted but as you say told us to go and "sharpen our pencil" because he wanted more money. We were definitely interested and were completely caught off guard by what he did with the Gold Coast.

Any "Boo-hoo, Hayne had no other option" narrative is a bit fanciful mine. Its what Hayne wants everyone to believe.

he didn't say that at all, his agent did

Hayne never got the offer till the next day (from his agent) but by then he had signed with the Tits

its all a bit smelly for mine

phantom eel

First Grade
You haven’t been right for the past 3 years. You claimed Hayne had made it after kicking a field goal last year. That was clearly wrong he has been pretty ordinary since then.
What's wrong with wishful thinking? Who didn't want Jarryd to be more than an overpaid chump?

And I've been right about him not coming back to Parra for the past three years... wouldn't have thought BA was silly enough to risk spoiling what we've got and releasing players to sign a meme, but in BA we trust!

phantom eel

First Grade
The reason the Waratahs couldn't get him was due to Hayne having already played for Fiji sevens. This meant he was not eligible for the Wallabies (IRB rules) so the ARU were not going to chip in thus Waratahs having no where near the cash available.
So the Waratahs could get him... but they chose not to? We haven't got the money either, if we have to release guys to sign the myth.

Titanic

First Grade
He may have something left to give but it's not showing on the Coast and although the media may call him the star of Fiji I don't see that either. Whether he stays with us or not is not going to be about his playing level or his loyalty to anybody, it will only be about Jarryd Hayne milking whatever he can get. Can't blame him on one level but would be pleased to see him go on another.

I think Eels fans are just starting to get over the horror of the last decade and the instinct is to settle for a nice, stable team that's a good chance of making the finals. But we have to acknowledge the reality that the NRL is corrupt and to be a genuine contender we need someone like Hayne. Come back Jarryd, save us!

Bazal

Post Whore
I think Eels fans are just starting to get over the horror of the last decade and the instinct is to settle for a nice, stable team that's a good chance of making the finals. But we have to acknowledge the reality that the NRL is corrupt and to be a genuine contender we need someone like Hayne. Come back Jarryd, save us!

There really is no other way. The prodigal son must return. As it was written, so shall it be.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Here’s a stat for you!

They won 1 of many games after his signing last year, after travelling well all year. Then this year they absolutely crumbled after being tipped to make the 8. Lol

Just because a team is tipped to nake the 8 doesn't mean they will make the 8. We weren't expected to be anywhere near the 8 yet we came 4th

Noise

Coach
At present in 2018 if all players are fit we will need to pick 2 of the following in the outside backs: Auvaa, Taka, Hoffman. That is hardly an embarrassment of riches. If Hayne comes he makes our team stronger as he is better than all of them and it is not even close.

Eelogical

Referee

d8e2f25c8d2fc9a5ce30701e28875777

o-que-fazer-no-rio-de-janeiro-cristo.jpg