What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Graeme Langlands

willzy91

Juniors
Reports this morning that he is being accused of child sex offences back in the 1980s.

God I hope this isn’t true, not one of our greats of the club!

BBTB

Juniors
Only time will tell.
I really hope he has appointed a good lawyer....or maybe the St George club may step up.
In his time of need.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Wow. The fact that people are more concerned with the alleged perpetrator's status in the club and even resorting to victim blaming seriously shows how deluded some people on this forum really are.

I know it's hard for some of you to wrap your simple heads around but sometimes there are things in this world that are actually bigger than this club and rugby league in general.

Being an Immortal and a rugby league legend quickly becomes irrelevant when we're discussing the safety of an innocent child.

For all people directly involved I sincerely hope the allegations are untrue, but until we know the facts then I suggest some of you guys seriously pull your heads in.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Perhaps people should keep in mind that it is not easy to come forward, especially when it happened to you as a child. We are now reaching a point in society where people are being encouraged to come forward and are mostly offered support, so more are becoming comfortable with revealing what happened.

Can you seriously imagine coming forward in the 1980s? You would be laughed off or ignored

Wow. The fact that people are more concerned with the alleged perpetrator's status in the club and even resorting to victim blaming seriously shows how deluded some people on this forum really are.

I know it's hard for some of you to wrap your simple heads around but sometimes there are things in this world that are actually bigger than this club and rugby league in general.

Being an Immortal and a rugby league legend quickly becomes irrelevant when we're discussing the safety of an innocent child.

For all people directly involved I sincerely hope the allegations are untrue, but until we know the facts then I suggest some of you guys seriously pull your heads in.
This is exactly right.

People calling him "poor bloke" holy shit, what an out of touch forum this can be.

Walpole

Juniors

Well said. There are far, far more important things in life than a football team or a game.

Old Timer

Coach
Perhaps people should keep in mind that it is not easy to come forward, especially when it happened to you as a child. We are now reaching a point in society where people are being encouraged to come forward and are mostly offered support, so more are becoming comfortable with revealing what happened.

Can you seriously imagine coming forward in the 1980s? You would be laughed off or ignored

This is exactly right.

People calling him "poor bloke" holy shit, what an out of touch forum this can be.
Don’t be out of touch yourself he may very well be a “poor bloke”
These are not easy matters but justice must be served and hopefully a proper determination of the facts will provide the answer.
So let’s not be judge or jury of either person.
It is before the courts si let the courts deal with the matter and let us all go back to talking football.

hewi

Bench
He is innocent until found guilty by a court. The fact that it is in the public domain and IMO will not go to trial because of his condition is very sad. I don’t know how you resolve it however his reputation is forever stained with no ability to defend it.

St Georgio

Juniors
If the allegations are true , I hope the woman that was once that child, is strong enough to forgive and move on, only then she will find peace.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Of course he's innocent until proven guilty. But it's when people attack the alleged victims and jump to the defence of the accused by default that make these situations even worse.

This is a hard one due to his condition. If he is found to be guilty well I hope at the very least his legacy is destroyed, seeing as he'll likely never see a prison cell

JDHD

Juniors
We need to reserve judgement until the courts make their decision. If he's found innocent, we welcome him with open arms as we always have. If he's guilty, we condemn his actions and leave him in the dust to rot.

JDHD

Juniors
Why the f**k did the girl wait 37 years to report this when the poor bloke cannot remember yesterday. I really question these type of claims.

Because that's typical behaviour of sex abuse victims. People often blame the victim, so why would they come forward? The current climate where monsters like Harvey Weinstein are finally being held accountable for their actions might have encouraged her to come forward? That's assuming her allegations are true.

Latest posts