What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copperhead

Juniors
Billy despite what you may think I suspect you quite a smart and clever person. From my perspective it is a shame we don’t have more fans on here to promote debate and provide a greater cross section of opinions. There is no doubt in my opinion the major reason why there are not more fans posting on here is the fact there is too much negativity. It is a shame really it would be so much more enjoyable coming on here if there another 20,30 or more regular contributors.

Ah Billy, if only you had chosen to use that brilliant mind for good instead of evil.

Kilkenny

Coach
But I'm not the one who randomly blunders into a thread full of debate and goes off on a profanity-laden tirade insulting everyone that doesn't conform to whatever opinion they hold true, like our friends Rowdy and Royce and a couple of others.

Like it or not, there is a difference between having a go at the way the club is run, and having a complete and utter meltdown about the posting habits of others. To my mind, the latter is much more of a turn-off than the former.

No you are not. That why I said you are very clever about the way you go about expressing your opinions on this forum. However, I am sure you would admit to be the 'king' of the condescending when it comes to those subtle put downs you are so effective at and I am saying this in a nice way.

Kilkenny

Coach
I am pleased we have resigned Isaah Yeo, Dylan Edwards and apparently RCG will resign on a 'massive' new deal to be announced shortly. That's all good other than the fact the player, more than anyone who finally deserves to paid what he is truly worth is Josh Mansour.

It annoys me to think there are quite a few, perhaps many in our club who earn more, or far more than Josh Mansour.

It is just further proof there is no real justice in our world.

Without mentioning names, we all know who they are, we have players, particularly some of our forwards who probably earn double what Josh Mansour does when frankly on performance, heart, commitment and dedication it should be the other way around.

He is in the last year of his current deal and there are rumours he is going to have to leave to finally get a pay deal equal to what he brings to the team and club.

If and when it happens it will be a sad day and perhaps that will be the day I agree with the doomsayers on here and agree our GM f**ked up.

Blues Riff

Bench
If our forwards develop how I'd like them to, then unfortunately Sauce will become obsolete. It's hard to see Josh ever wearing the Green and Gold again with the Roos pack being so dominant. Like the Roos, we could end up going for a showpony finisher type winger for much less. Meanwhile Josh could demand huge money from some of the struggling teams. God knows, he's carried us for years. I couldn't begrude him a decent payday, but I wouldn't blame the club if he left.

Exsilium

First Grade
I love what Josh Mansour brings to the club on and off the field. He deserves to be remunerated for what he brings to a football team. That would put him in the upper echelon of wingers. Paid based on form, representative status and professionalism.

However, if we look at the wingers who currently have big deals, they are likely paid a lot more because of their versatility to cover wing, centre and fullback.

If Josh covered all of those spots, no issue. Pay the man.

Unfortunately he doesn’t offer the same qualities. Hes a wonderful returner, strong runner and a solid defender but paying too much would be a bad decision.

Will be a tough loss.

Bob

Juniors
There’s a rumour on Twitter that Josh has told the club next year will be his last for the club

unKwn

Juniors
I'm f**king done with this club if they somehow get mansour to leave the club. that's so many f**king big names in just 2 years

OldPanther

Coach
I'm f**king done with this club if they somehow get mansour to leave the club. that's so many f**king big names in just 2 years

Absolutely. Though what will it cost for a longterm top 5 spine? They might have to offer smaller contracts to other positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.