What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Ashes Test: Australia v England at Adelaide, Dec 2-6 2017

TheParraboy

Staff member
Probably same side for us, though if Marshs' back is not right bring in Maxy

Poms (well Broad mainly) will hope he can skittle us with the pink ball in the evenings

Will be a result oriented test match. poms lose here they may as well tart preparing for the ODIs.

Starts on Saturday 230pm AEDT

Fangs

Coach
Chad Sayers would be very dangerous with the pink ball. Prolific at shield level, averages under 24 and its his home ground.

But who do you drop from the side?

Will it be 'pick and stick' or 'horses for courses'? I hope the selectors use at least one cliche when the team is announced.

There's a conspiracy tbeory going around that Prince Harry and Megs announced their engagement to take the media spotlight away from the underperforming Pommy cricket team and their First Test annihilation.

Wouldn't put it past the shifty Windsors.

Fangs

Coach
Cummins to six and Sayers in.

I like it. But I don't think our selectors will see it that way.

Cummins must stay in the side for his batting and athleticism in the field. Hazelwood was much better in the second innings at Brisbane and has been a great bowler for Australia for some time now.

Worried about another classic batting collapse from the Australian team. We need the team to bat deep to cover for our weakness there.

Anyone got a view on Sayers batting? Need more info than 'shithouse' which is what his first class average suggests.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we dont need 5 bowlers in those conditions and they wont drop the goat now as they wouldn't drop him when he was shit

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'm sure starc, haze, and pat would be thrilled if the selectors told them they were being rested for Adelaide.

Leo Sayers time will come if he's good enough.

typicalfan

Coach
No changes. Will England forfeit a bowler and put even more pressure on Broad and Anderson?

The tale of the series looks to be 4 quality bowlers vs 2.

Timbo

Staff member
If they drop Ball are they really forfeiting a bowler? He looked like he'd struggle to crack a grade side.

Bazal

Post Whore
Honestly the bloke should be charged. All well and good if he was defending someone, I'd be 100% behind him if that truly was the case, BUT when he chases the bloke who is backing off and cold cocks him that takes it beyond sticking up for someone

gUt

Coach
23915550_10159621594765254_307694126090151366_n.jpg

Timbo

Staff member
Fox Sports reporting he'll be added to the squad after Adelaide.

Bazal

Post Whore
Really shit from England if true... They were up in arms when Warner gave Ellen DeGeneres a love tap and only got a couple of games off....

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he's still be investigated by the cops in England, seems odd they would let him go