What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Articles

Dragsters

First Grade
Josh Dugan reveals bold $2m rugby switch plan, mental demons and discusses Dragons exit
NRL Premiership
  • November 17, 2017 12:54pm
  • by Staff writers
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
MTcxMTIwMTc1fGN4by5jfGh0dHBzOi8vY2RuLm5ld3NhcGkuY29tLmF1L2ltYWdlL3YxLzAzZjFmZTk3NDJlM2JlZWQ1MjVhOWEzNWJkZTU5NmI3fDE3MTEyMDE3NQ==

Kangaroos star Josh Dugan with the team arriving at Canberra Airport.Source: News Corp Australia
JOSH Dugan has revealed how he had planned out a $2 million switch to rugby union in a candid interview with the Daily Telegraph.

And the Kangaroos star also shed light on the ongoing mental demons he battles associated with the spotlight placed on him through a rollercoaster rugby league career.

It was earlier this year when St George Illawarra was playing hard ball with Dugan’s contract, and he eventually walked away from the club to sign a lucrative deal with rivals Cronulla.

But he very nearly walked away from the NRL altogether, and could have signed deals with three separate rugby clubs which would have netted him around $2 million for 2018.

The Telegraph reports Dugan could have gone to Japan on a deal worth $1.2 million, then headed to the French competition for part of their season, before heading back home to Australia to play for the Western Force for the remainder of 2018.

Dugan may yet finish his career in the rival code, but said he chose to stay in the NRL for the desire to represent his state and country.

MTcxMTIwMTc1fGN4by5jfGh0dHBzOi8vY2RuLm5ld3NhcGkuY29tLmF1L2ltYWdlL3YxLzExZTJmMjBhZjJkYzhjM2IzY2E4YmQyMDkzZGFjYmMyfDE3MTEyMDE3NQ==

Josh Dugan of the Kangaroos is tackled by Jason Baitieri of France.Source: AAP
“I was pretty close to going to Japanese rugby at one point,” Dugan told the Daily Telegraph.

“I spoke to two Japanese rugby teams. It was when the contract talks at the Dragons were happening. I looked at different options.

“Sometimes you have to look after yourself and your family. One of the deals from Japanese rugby was very good and pretty hard to turn down.

“My love of this game and my love of this sport and playing for the Kangaroos overtook (the money on offer).

“I was nearly going to take the pay cut at the Dragons to stay at the NRL so I could play Origin and play for Australia.

“I knew if I went to rugby for a year or two, I would be 30-odd and I would have a slim-to-none-chance of being in the rep sides. I wanted to finish on a high note in league.

“There still might be a chance down the track that I end up in rugby but for the next four years I’m looking forward to playing at Cronulla.”

Dugan has endured a rollercoaster NRL career since he was touted as one of the best young players coming through the grades in Canberra.

This year he had to deal with ongoing contract speculation, another Origin loss in which he and old friend Blake Ferguson again copped criticism for off-field behaviour, and then being dropped by the Dragons for missing a team bus late in the season.

Dugan revealed he has been consulting a mental health professional since he left Canberra to help him deal with the stress of life in the public eye.

“When all the contract stuff was going around and then after the Origin loss, it was tough to handle,” Dugan said.

“I was copping a hiding in the media and there were a couple of times where I just wanted to hide and I didn’t want to come out.

“It was no secret I struggle at times with outside noise. I am normally good with that sort of stuff but this year it was overwhelming.

“There were games where I played really well and then there were other games when my head just wasn’t in it.”

Dugan will line up for the Kangaroos against Samoa in the World Cup quarter final in Darwin on Friday night.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/719fe7a57a1ecc21fccd1a236e50ba1c

“There were games where I played really well and then there were other games when my head just wasn’t in it.”

Unfortunately for the Dragons, these games turned out to be the some of the most crucial, late in the season and it was clearly evident that Dugans "head just wasn’t in it.”

Rather unprofessional of him in my opinion...

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons halves won't take long to click: McInnes
Dragons Den
r0_0_3904_2603_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

NO EXCUSES: Cameron McInnes is confident the Dragons' new-look spine can gel quickly despite a shortened preseason. Picture: Adam McLean
DRAGONS hooker Cameron McInnes is confident the club’s new-look spine won’t take long to gel despite a shortened preparation due to the Rugby League World Cup.

Both skipper Gareth Widdop (England) and new recruit Ben Hunt (Australia) are unlikely to report to Wollongong until January having gone deep into the tournament with their respective squads.

It will give them just over a month to prepare for the club’s preseason trial schedule but McInnes believes it won’t take long for the vital combinations to click.

“I think sometimes when performances aren’t going to way they want, people will say ‘oh we haven’t been working together that long’, but it’s just footy, it’s not that hard,’ McInnes said.

“I played with Gaz all last year so I know what he likes to do, and whoever Mary decides to put at fullback is already training here now.

“We all know the type of player Ben Hunt is, he’s just a footballer, you put him at hooker, you put him the halves he’s going to play well.

“We’re not really worried about him settling in because you just need to get him the ball, and playing off the back of the forwards we have, he’s just going to do what he wants.

“It’s just about talking to each other. I’ll find out pretty early how and when he wants the ball, it’s just footy.”

Hunt will arrive on a mammoth six-year multi-million dollar deal to fill the vacant halfback spot, despite finishing last year in the No. 9 with Brisbane.

His form prompted questions as to whether he could play dummy-half at the Dragons, though coach Paul McGregor was quick to knock them on the head.

McInnes envisions Hunt playing at the scrum-base but said the onus was on himself to perform and keep his jumper.

“I’m the hooker but I have to perform and that’s my job, to go out there and keep that spot,” McInnes said.

“Even though he was great at hooker [for Brisbane], and he’s probably in the Australian team because of his ability to play there, he’s a great half and that’s why St George have signed him.

“There’s always the option, he can get into dummy-half and create a spark at times but we’ll have to wait and see. It’s up to the coaches but I’m sure, with the money they’re paying him, he’s coming here to be the number seven.”

It's unlikely McGregor would contemplate shifting McInnes given the 23-year-old’s outstanding first season in the red v, where he went from back-up rake to 80-minute ironman.

It’s something he’s keen to build on in his second season in Wollongong.

“Every player has goals and I definitely want to get better and influence the game a bit more,” he said.

“From where I came from [in 2015], it was great to prove I could play 80 minutes. The next step for me is about high performance for the whole 80.

“Last year I played 80, made my tackles and that sort of thing. The next step for me is finding that energy in attack and impacting the game a bit more and I’m confident I’ll be able to do that.”

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5071880/shortened-preseason-no-issue-for-dragons/?cs=3713

getsmarty

Immortal
Jillaroos not giving up on Bremner
Alicia Newton - NRL.com National Correspondent

Sat 25th November, 12:00PM
A A

1511500366116.jpg

Samantha Bremner - Australia Jillaroos v New Zealand Ferns - Friday 6 May 2016, Hunter Stadium Broadmeadow, Newcastle NSW - Photographer Shane Myers :copyright: nrlphotos.com

Jillaroos coach Brad Donald has given the strong indication fullback Sam Bremner will be fit in time for Sunday's semi-final showdown with Canada after missing the opening three games of the tournament through injury.

A frustrated Bremner is the only Jillaroo yet to feature in Donald's rotating squad after copping a knock to the shin at training in the lead-up to Australia's World Cup campaign.

Donald was confident Bremner could walk into the semi-final clash with no match fitness.

"Hopefully she does [play Sunday]," Donald said.

"She's close and ran this morning. We're excited to bring her into the side. She's a bundle of energy and is driving us nuts in camp at the moment.

"She just wants to run so we're looking forward to getting her on the field."

If Bremner misses Sunday's clash, the Jillaroos coach fell short on confirming her spot in the World Cup final should the side get through.

"We haven't really discussed that," Donald said.

"We're just trying to keep her motivated which is not hard. She's been on the game ready and is doing everything she can to get ready for Sunday.

"If she doesn't play on Sunday we'll cross that bridge but I'm confident she will."

The 25-year-old has had a string of bad luck in 2017 having missed Australia's Anzac Test match victory over New Zealand in April after copping a head knock during the captains run, and suffering an ankle injury in the interstate challenge win for NSW.

Donald admitted Bremner would be "devastated" at the prospect of missing the entire tournament.

"She would be, anyone from that group would be," Donald said.

"We often talk about player 25, 26 and 27 that trained hard to make the squad but didn't make it.

"They're a big part of the success of this team because they pushed these girls to be as good as they are today."

The Jillaroos coach has his team firing in time for the all-important finals and faces a selection headache with every player in the squad putting their hand up for selection.

Bremner's replacement for the first two games, Nakia Davis-Welsh, was among the Jillaroos' best, while Corban McGregor was strong in the win over Canada.

Halfback Maddie Studdon continues to put pressure on incumbent halfback Caitlin Moran, while hat-tricks to forwards Vanessa Foliaki and Elianna Walton in the 88-0 victory over the Ravens have done their chances of a semi-final berth no harm.

"Right from the outset and I spoke to the girls [after the game], we've asked them to aim up no matter what position it is," Donald said.

"We've had halves play lock and centre. Every single one of them I have 100 per cent confidence that if somebody drew 17 names out of a hat those girls would go out and play for each other."

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/11/25/jillaroos_not_giving.af_news.html

getsmarty

Immortal
Apps named for Jillaroos' semi-final
Sun 26th November, 11:00AM
A A

St George Illawarra Dragons Ambassador Kezie Apps has been named for the Jillaroos' semi-final clash against Canada at Southern Cross Group Stadium, Cronulla on Sunday (4:00pm).

Apps, who came off the bench in the Jillaroos’ 88-0 win over the Ravens last Wednesday, has played a limited role throughout the group stage of the competition due to injury.

Unfortunately, her teammate and fellow Dragons Ambassador, Sam Bremner, has been ruled out of the game against the Ravens with a niggling leg injury.

Jillaroos team to face Canada

1 Nakia Davis-Welsh

2 Karina Brown

3 Corban Mcgregor

4 Isabelle Kelly

5 Meg Ward

6 Ali Brigginshaw

7 Caitlin Moran

8 Stephanie Hancock (c)

9 Brittany Breayley

20 Rebecca Young

17 Talesha Quinn

12 Kezie Apps

21 Vanessa Foliaki

Interchange

14 Maddie Studdon

15 Ruan Sims

16 Elianna Walton

19 Annette Brander

13 Simiana Taufa-Kautai

18 Zahara Temara

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/11/26/apps_named_for_jilla.html

getsmarty

Immortal
Helensburgh star racing World Cup final clock
Local Sport
r0_0_5472_3648_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

50-50: Sam Bremner looks on at Jillaroos training. Picture: Sylvia Liber
Jillaroos rookie Nakia Davis-Welsh has vowed not to kick stones if she is overlooked for Sam Bremner for Australia’s Women’s Rugby League World Cup final.

Bremner is racing the clock to be fit for Saturday’s final against New Zealand after missing Sunday’s semi-final win over Canada due to a niggling leg injury.

The Helensburgh star got through the side’s training run the day prior but ruled herself out believing she wasn’t yet 100 per cent.

Coach Brad Donald is faced with a cut-throat decision whether to include his star Bremner, or whether to stick with Redfern-based Davis-Welsh, who has been a standout since debuting in the tournament opener.

‘‘Sammy’s a great person on and off the field. She was really supportive of me, so no matter what I’d be happy,” Davis Welsh told AAP.

“Brad’s a really good coach and he knows what he’s doing and whatever he does will be best for the team.’’

Should Bremner return on Saturday, Davis-Welsh would likely slot in at centre or on the wing having played outside of Bremner for NSW the past two years

‘‘Even if (Bremner) came back for this, it wouldn’t make a difference because I love wing as well,” she said.

“Just being here - I’d be stoked even if I was on the bench.’’

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5083698/bremner-still-part-of-final-equation/?cs=302

getsmarty

Immortal
2018 Red V Membership – Win a trip to the UK
Tue 28th November, 09:00AM
A A

1508736272540.jpg;pv52c15504658e6866

Didyou know that all 2018 Red V Members have a chance to win a trip to the United Kingdom!

For your chance to win, simply renew or join as a Red V member in 2018 and you and a friend could be off to the Wigan Warriors' stomping ground DW Stadium for the ultimate UK rugby league experience.

The St George Illawarra Dragons and Wigan have teamed up for a 'red and white' cultural exchange.

The winning Red V Member will fly to the UK and be hosted by the Wigan Warriors' community, experiencing the passion for the 'red and white' halfway across the world.

The winning Red V Member will receive:

• Return economy flights for two adults from Sydney to Manchester
  • Twin accommodation in Manchester for three nights
  • Twin accommodation in Wigan for four nights
  • Two tickets to a Wigan Match*
  • Transfers from Manchester airport, between hotels and to Manchester airport
  • Dragons Merchandise to the value of $200
The cultural exchange gets underway when the Dragons welcome the Wigan Warriors and Hull FC to WIN Stadium, Wollongong on February 10, 2018 for the first ever Super League game to be played outside of Europe.

The following week the two UK-based clubs will take part in the first-ever double-header between Super League and NRL teams at a single venue when the Dragons take on Hull FC and South Sydney face Wigan at ANZ Stadium on February 17, 2018.

Don’t miss your chance to win – renew or join today!

The Red V Membership program offers a range of flexible packages to suit everyone.

If you need help deciding which membership is best for you in 2018 go to: www.marchwithus.com.au

Please contact our team on 1300DRAGON or via email to: redv@dragons.com.au

Belong, connect and commit by becoming a Red V Member in 2018!

* pending the 2018 Super League draw pertains a Wigan Warriors game during the travel dates.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/10/23/_2018_red_v_membersh.af_news.html

getsmarty

Immortal
St.George Bank extend naming rights partnership
Tue 28th November, 04:00PM
A A

1511847670247.jpg;pv8510c74d3184287d

St.George Bank is to embark on its 40th year as a partner with the St George Illawarra Dragons, one of the longest-running commitments in NRL history.

Two of Sydney's most iconic brands have today marked four decades of working together in support of families and communities.

The hallmarks of this partnership span 40 years and include a strong commitment to grassroots football and a rich history as part of Southern Sydney and the Illawarra's fabric.

General Manager of St.George Bank Ross Miller welcomed the continuation of the Bank's partnership with the St George Illawarra Dragons and what it means for families across the region.

"We're very passionate about our footy and supporting families across many codes in Australia. This partnership marks 40 years roaring with the St George Illawarra Dragons and we're proud to back the club and the support it provides to communities and families who love their footy," Mr Miller said.

"Looking back at the long and proud association we have with the club, the story of our bank and footy in St George and the Illawarra go hand in hand.

"Having 'the Dragons' as our local footy team is what inspired us to use a dragon as our icon back in 1970.

"Fast forward four decades later and our partnership now includes the Little Dragons program which sees almost 6500 kids from over 35 clubs take part in the sport.

"We've also been working closely with the Dragons to launch a number of initiatives in 2018 to make it easier to enjoy the sport at a community level."

St.George Bank and the Dragons' partnership is one of the longest unbroken sponsorship relationships in Australian sport.

"Our partnership with St.George has been an enduring influence on rugby league across our region and we’re delighted that this relationship continues to grow," Dragons CEO Peter Doust said.

"Both organisations are very proud of the partnership and we're excited to see it reach four decades.

"This remains a significant partnership for us and the code, and demonstrates that such mutually beneficial relationships can be valuable and long-lasting – particularly when they involve shared values of community, family, passion and spirit."

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/11/28/st_george_bank_exten.html

getsmarty

Immortal
St George Illawarra Dragons announce St George Bank sponsorship will continue into its 40th year
  • Local Sport
    r0_55_4134_2379_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Marching together: (From left) St George Bank general manager Ross Miller, Dragons CEO Peter Doust, coach Paul McGregor and players Jack de Belin, Jacob Host, Euan Aitken and Hame Sele. Picture: John Veage
    It is one of the longest unbroken sponsorship relationships in Australian sport and it will continue into its 40th year.

St George Illawarra have announced that St George Bank has extended its naming rights partnership with the club until the end of 2019.

St George Bank general manager Ross Miller was at the bank’s Kogarah branch to make the announcement on Tuesday afternoon alongside Dragons CEO Peter Doust, coach Paul McGregor and players Jack de Belin, Jacob Host, Euan Aitken and Hame Sele.

St George Bank have adorned the front of the Dragons’ jerseys since 2004 and Miller said he was delighted with the continuation of the partnership.

“This partnership marks 40 years roaring with the St George Illawarra Dragons and we’re proud to back the club and the support it provides to communities and families who love their footy,” he said.

“Looking back at the long and proud association we have with the club, the story of our bank and footy in the St George and the Illawarra go hand in hand.

“Having the Dragons as our local footy team is what inspired us to use a dragon as our icon back in 1970. Fast forward four decades later and our partnership now includes the Little Dragons program which sees almost 6500 kids from over 35 clubs take part in the sport.

“We’ve also been working closely with the Dragons to launch a number of initiatives in 2018 to make it easier to enjoy the sport at a community level.”

Doust said the Dragons were proud of the ongoing partnership.

“Our partnership with St George has been an enduring influence on rugby league across our region and we’re delighted that this relationship continues to grow,” he said.

“This remains a significant partnership for us and the code and demonstrates that such mutually beneficial relationships can be valuable and long-lasting particularly when they involve shared values of community, family, passion and spirit.”

St George Illawarra start their 2018 NRL campaign when they host Brisbane at Jubilee Oval, Kogarah on March 8.

• http://www.theleader.com.au/story/5087635/dragons-take-relationship-to-the-bank/?cs=1633

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons depth as good as it's been: McGregor
Local Sport
r0_0_4847_3184_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

MARQUEE MAN: Ben Hunt at Kangaroos training. Picture: AAP

ST GEORGE Illawarra coach Paul McGregor believes he’ll head into his third full season at the helm with the best roster he’s had at his disposal following the acquisition of marquee pair Ben Hunt and James Graham.

Hunt sent the NRL halves market into a spin when he committed to the Dragons on a six-year deal worth in excess of $6 million prior to the start of last season, while Graham proved a bonus pick-up when off-loaded by Canterbury at season’s end.

Neither will report for club duty until early January due to their lengthy World Cup campaigns with Australia and England, while Dragons skipper Gareth Widdop will also play alongside Graham in Saturday’s Cup decider.

Widdop was locked down for four more seasons midway through 2017 while McGregor was also re-signed for a further two seasons. It brings a stability the joint-venture has lacked, with contract conjecture plaguing their past two campaigns.

“I think stability is what the club needs right now and we’ve got that throughout our roster,” McGregor said.

“The world of rugby league can change very quickly, it’s changed this preseason the most I’ve ever seen it, but I feel I’ve got the best squad I’ve had going into my fourth year as a head coach.

“It’s no disrespect to players I’ve had before but, as a squad, I think the depth is at it’s strongest. Our experienced players are signed long-term, there’s only a couple of guys who haven’t got their future sorted at the club.

“We were very patient with the people we brought into the team. We were looking for a halfback for quite some time, Ben came on the market so we bought the best. We needed a replacement for Russell [Packer] and we bought the best [in Graham].

“We’ve had nine guys debut in the last two years who are [local] juniors. They’re going to be better. We’ve had some good buys around that middle base in [Mitch] Allgood and [Jeremy] Latimore.

“We expect Vaughny [Paul Vaughan] to play well again in his second year for the club. Gareth’s coming off a career-best year so it augurs well for a good season as long as we can be consistent.”

The length and richness of Hunt’s six-year deal will ensure his performances come under the microscope, but McGregor believes the 28-year-old will thrive amid the added scrutiny.

“Ben will be fine, I think he’s looking for a new challenge in his career,” McGregor said.

“What he did last season revealed a lot of character. Early in the season he got put back to Q Cup and when he came back he got moved to a position [hooker] he hadn’t played in quite some time.

“He played well enough there to make the Queensland side and then he made the Australian side. How he handled all that shows we’re getting the right person.

“Before that he played in a grand final as a halfback and had been a dominant half for quite some time. I love a running half and he’s a running half, he likes to take the line on.

“If he shows those attributes, and his competitive nature, there’s no pressure on him. The pressure’s on everyone, it’s a team sport, and we’ve got to share that across the board.”

Widdop and Hunt will have a limited time to gel due to their World Cup commitments but McGregor is confident they can click quickly despite a shortened preseason.

“In a perfect world you’d like to have them both here now but they’re in a situation where they’re playing for their country in a World Cup final and they need to recover from that,” McGregor said.

“Ben watches a lot of footy so he’ll have a good idea about how we play. The blue print’s there so he’s going to know what he needs to do before he comes in and we’ll obviously have some contact before then.

“We’ll still have a six-week block before [our] first trial match and, for players of that class, that’s plenty of time to get a combination happening.”

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5087897/star-duo-top-up-dragons-talent-pool/?cs=302

Drag Queen

Bench
Local Sport

ST GEORGE Illawarra coach Paul McGregor believes he’ll head into his third full season at the helm with the best roster he’s had at his disposal following the acquisition of marquee pair Ben Hunt and James Graham.

Hunt sent the NRL halves market into a spin when he committed to the Dragons on a six-year deal worth in excess of $6 million prior to the start of last season, while Graham proved a bonus pick-up when off-loaded by Canterbury at season’s end.

Neither will report for club duty until early January due to their lengthy World Cup campaigns with Australia and England, while Dragons skipper Gareth Widdop will also play alongside Graham in Saturday’s Cup decider.

Widdop was locked down for four more seasons midway through 2017 while McGregor was also re-signed for a further two seasons. It brings a stability the joint-venture has lacked, with contract conjecture plaguing their past two campaigns.

“I think stability is what the club needs right now and we’ve got that throughout our roster,” McGregor said.

“The world of rugby league can change very quickly, it’s changed this preseason the most I’ve ever seen it, but I feel I’ve got the best squad I’ve had going into my fourth year as a head coach.

“It’s no disrespect to players I’ve had before but, as a squad, I think the depth is at it’s strongest. Our experienced players are signed long-term, there’s only a couple of guys who haven’t got their future sorted at the club.

“We were very patient with the people we brought into the team. We were looking for a halfback for quite some time, Ben came on the market so we bought the best. We needed a replacement for Russell [Packer] and we bought the best [in Graham].

“We’ve had nine guys debut in the last two years who are [local] juniors. They’re going to be better. We’ve had some good buys around that middle base in [Mitch] Allgood and [Jeremy] Latimore.

“We expect Vaughny [Paul Vaughan] to play well again in his second year for the club. Gareth’s coming off a career-best year so it augurs well for a good season as long as we can be consistent.”

The length and richness of Hunt’s six-year deal will ensure his performances come under the microscope, but McGregor believes the 28-year-old will thrive amid the added scrutiny.

“Ben will be fine, I think he’s looking for a new challenge in his career,” McGregor said.

“What he did last season revealed a lot of character. Early in the season he got put back to Q Cup and when he came back he got moved to a position [hooker] he hadn’t played in quite some time.

“He played well enough there to make the Queensland side and then he made the Australian side. How he handled all that shows we’re getting the right person.

“Before that he played in a grand final as a halfback and had been a dominant half for quite some time. I love a running half and he’s a running half, he likes to take the line on.

“If he shows those attributes, and his competitive nature, there’s no pressure on him. The pressure’s on everyone, it’s a team sport, and we’ve got to share that across the board.”

Widdop and Hunt will have a limited time to gel due to their World Cup commitments but McGregor is confident they can click quickly despite a shortened preseason.

“In a perfect world you’d like to have them both here now but they’re in a situation where they’re playing for their country in a World Cup final and they need to recover from that,” McGregor said.

“Ben watches a lot of footy so he’ll have a good idea about how we play. The blue print’s there so he’s going to know what he needs to do before he comes in and we’ll obviously have some contact before then.

“We’ll still have a six-week block before [our] first trial match and, for players of that class, that’s plenty of time to get a combination happening.”

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5087897/star-duo-top-up-dragons-talent-pool/?cs=302
Local Sport

Unfortunately for the Dragons, these games turned out to be the some of the most crucial, late in the season and it was clearly evident that Dugans "head just wasn’t in it.”

Maybe a stint is reserve grade may have helped him be more focussed.
He had no fear of being dropped so "off" games only affected the team's performance with no repercussions for Dugan.

getsmarty

Immortal
Host backs St.George Bank partnership extension
Wed 29th November, 12:00PM
A A

By Chris Kennedy - NRL.com National Correspondent

St.George Bank and St George Illawarra Dragons have marked 40 years of support by extending their naming rights partnership to 2019.

St.George Bank is to embark on its 40th year as a partner with the St George Illawarra Dragons, one of the longest-running commitments in NRL history.

The four-decade partnership includes a strong commitment to grassroots football and a rich history as part of Southern Sydney and the Illawarra's fabric, the Dragons stated.

"As long as I can remember St George have been partnered with St.George Bank and it's such an iconic duo because we're both so big in the community, especially around this Kogarah area," Dragons forward Jacob Host said at the Kogarah St.George branch on Tuesday afternoon.

"It's been a very long relationship as well and it's something all the players and I think everyone associates the Dragons with St.George Bank."

Dragons CEO Peter Doust said the partnership had had an enduring influence on rugby league across the region.

"Both organisations are very proud of the partnership and we're excited to see it reach four decades," Doust said.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/11/29/host_backs_st_george.html

JDHD

Juniors

So he's saying that he wasn't doing his job properly because his feelings were hurt and he had a bunch of different offers to weigh up? f**k him!! f**k him right in the ear. My grandad is currently in hospital with jaundice and a bile duct infection but I still have to go to work and do my job. Grow the f**k up you whinging littler cu ntflap

Dragsters

First Grade
So he's saying that he wasn't doing his job properly because his feelings were hurt and he had a bunch of different offers to weigh up? f**k him!! f**k him right in the ear. My grandad is currently in hospital with jaundice and a bile duct infection but I still have to go to work and do my job. Grow the f**k up you whinging littler cu ntflap

Both ears even... I'll take the left ear, you can take the right...

Latest posts