What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Love or hate Pearce, I hate seeing clubs flick their long-termers.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Life's good
there a whisper that Thurston is giving it up at the end of the year.

So they will be motivated even more.
With him and scott mybe last year as well.
I also think cows have the best forward pack in the comp
But the roosters and storm will be up there.
The only stoping the roosters will be there forwards.
Unfortunately the shark will also be there.
Para will improve.

Agree, Storm could play a reserve grade team and Bellyass will have them up for it.

Thurston won’t make till the end of season, he is shot.

Rorters will be up there but hopefully will fail when most needed.

Dragons will blitz it till mid year, McGregor will get an extension and we’ll not win another game for the year.

Come July, we fans will still be waiting for the friggin board give us fans 2017 review and answers as to why McGregor wasn’t sacked.

Come finals time, Dan Murphy’s will offer me a special ‘lifetime membership’ to cater for my increase consumption due to McGregors extension and the teams failure for not making the finals, yet again.

Come seasons end, Doust has disconnected all telecommunications from his office.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
We have people begging Saints to bench Nighty our best long term player and would prefer he finish his career as a reserve grader or bench player. Would you be happy that he stay and finish his final years as a bench player? If Saints were to flick him would they be happy with that? I wonder. Doust would get smashed big time.

I know Pearce is a different story to NIghty (1 will finish a legend at the club and the other is Junior Pearce) but I can understand why the Chooks got rid of him. He has provided the club with a lot of negative press thoughout his career and stuck by him for little return. Especially him acting like a sook since they signed Cronk.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Called it 10 days ago - now just need Hayne to sign w Parra along w Nappa to Knights and predictions are done for the year!

yes Mickylane .............. one is done, the other is all but and will settle by the weekend.
Please tell us the shiek is coming!!!!!!!!!!!

Footnote - Pearce had a number of clubs after his services but the Knights were offer by far, the most dollars.
Get this, he didn't sign with them because of the dollars, he was impressed with Brownie's plan ...........

What a load of BOLLOCKS !

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Seems to be signing with Newcastle... which is a great result. Gives Pearce a bit of a good news story - helping to turn a wooden spoon club into a contender, and gives the Knights a good experienced halfback.

Couldn't agree more Mr. Grouch . Great to see one of the NRL lesser lights signing some quality players . As you have said they now have a very good team with a coach who will use their potential to the limit . They will be moving up the ladder next season , one can only hope that it will not be at our expense .

Crush

Coach
Couldn't agree more Mr. Grouch . Great to see one of the NRL lesser lights signing some quality players . As you have said they now have a very good team with a coach who will use their potential to the limit . They will be moving up the ladder next season , one can only hope that it will not be at our expense .
Who is your tip for wooden spoon next year Gareth?
I'd love if it were Bulldogs.
But I think it may be Tigers. Or Souths.

Drag Queen

Bench
Tigers and Souths might surprise you Crush. I also have a feeling the Knights are building quite nicely too.

Gareth67

First Grade

Crush , I believe that the Auckland Warriors and the Gold Coast Titans will be fighting it out . The Warriors have a decent team , but imo , they just have come off the crest of a wave after the last few years and its all downhill from here .

The Titans keep surprising everyone with their fight and perhaps more so their self belief , but they just don't seem to have the players that can get them there , a big drop this year , perhaps all the way ?

Tigers will surprise everyone , a big year , Bullgrubs will be amongst the also - rans and Souths will struggle , they don't have the same spark as they did in 2014 .

Latest posts