What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

IFR33K

Coach
Headline - "JARRYD Hayne’s decision to walkout on the Gold Coast Titans has had a bizarre impact on NRL markets — and it’s ugly for the Eels."

"Hayne’s return to Sydney has seen the Eels’ premiership odds ease from $12 to $13, their minor premiership chances slide from $11 to $13 while they went from $2.75 to $2.85 to make the finals and from $1.45 to $1.50 to make the top four."

LOL

So if he signs with parra, how did the odds blow out from $11 to $13?? Did people that placed bets on them last week demand their money back???!

phantom eel

First Grade
If Hayne had displayed mildly decent form during his Titans stint - and didn't have an international record of walking out on contracts, or lying about dealings with clubs - there'd be more respect and less criticism.

amitropo

Juniors
Listening to Ben Fordham on 2gb, Annesey stated that Hayne was released as he wants to be back in Western Sydney.
So he’s going to tigers then.

phantom eel

First Grade
So if he signs with parra, how did the odds blow out from $11 to $13?? Did people that placed bets on them last week demand their money back???!
It means the betting agencies aren't seeing the same volume of bets for us as they did.

They have to lengthen our odds to try and attract bets on us. It's a reflection that maybe people don't think we'll do as well with Judas back in the squad.

The bwtting agencies will still make the same amount of money no matter what our odds. If they make our price bigger, they make others shorter to cover the potential loss.

hybrideel

Bench
Headline - "JARRYD Hayne’s decision to walkout on the Gold Coast Titans has had a bizarre impact on NRL markets — and it’s ugly for the Eels."

"Hayne’s return to Sydney has seen the Eels’ premiership odds ease from $12 to $13, their minor premiership chances slide from $11 to $13 while they went from $2.75 to $2.85 to make the finals and from $1.45 to $1.50 to make the top four."

LOL
Hmmm $1.50 for us to make the 4 but $2.85 for us to make the 8?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

LOL
The bookies rarely get things wrong.

hindy111

Post Whore
Just as much of a shame that in the last game of that season when had we won we could have been playing finals again he played just like he wanted to be somewhere else......

We can go back and forwards for days on what is better, what he did etc but all that really matters is what he does, should he sign, on the field in 2018.

2009, 2014 and 2017 mean squat at the end of the day. The only thing that really matters is that he shows us that he wants to play for the club and he performs on the field. That is the only way the division between fans that currently exists regarding his return will disappear.

I am prepared to eat humble pie and couldn’t give a f**k if I have to eat shitloads of the stuff if he comes back and we win a premiership. I will support the decisions the club has made even if I feel concerned about the move.

I am also prepared to watch him play one season with us and then bugger off to New York when he gets a massive contract to play for them.

2018 awaits and I am prepared for an interesting ride whatever road it takes us.

If this was the case, Wouldnt he be better to collect 1.2 mill at the titans?

Chipmunk

Coach
Wow, Titans making sure they get out of two unnecessary monthly payments before Hayne refuses to turn up for their training in the new year.

Like Colonel, I think Hayne already wanted to be elsewhere in the final two games of 2014, when he could have easily produced to his potential and kept us in finals footy.

If we announce his signing, on reduced money closer to his now reduced value, hopefully he really wants to be here this time and will produce in a team environment.

If we release players as a result of Hayne's apparently imminent signing, I think it's a bad move and will harm our chances in 2018. Like Colonel, I'm happy to eat humble pie if proven wrong.

On form I think we should only sign him for one year, with a one year option in our favour. He's clubless and we should be in the driving seat. Use money we might have kept aside for Semi, kiss hopes of a mid-year Semi return goodbye, and play Hayne in his best position on the wing - until he walks out on us for some other dream in 2019.

The Titans will do well getting out of his first months payment for 2018.

Latest posts