What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

Incorrect

Coach
Not sure mate.
Can't remember the how's and why's of Henry's previous termination reasons and wouldn't like to speculate on that basis, but yeh, he's been through a few clubs with not many happy endings, I'll give you that.
The way I remember Henry's last days in charge at the Cowboys was basically I think the club felt they were continuing to underachieve given the roster Henry had at his disposal. It was only after the Cowboys told Henry he would not be required beyond season 2013 that the team actually started to play better and they scraped in to 8th spot and made he Finals.... So what does this say? Did the team go away from Henry's gameplan once they knew he was not going to be around the following season - was that why they started winning and eventually made the Finals? Who knows, but I think that late season run enhanced his reputation and stood him in good stead when other coaching vacancies came up - if the Cows had gone through the motions at the tail end of Henry's tenure and they finished bottom 3 I doubt he would have attracted too many offers...

Gronk

Staff member
If only Forster had an NRL team, then Jarryd would not be a dead beat Dad. Newcastle said no thanks BTW.

It is understood the child’s mother, Amellia Bonnici, is considering a move to Sydney to be closer to her parents, prompting Hayne to consider his future on the Gold Coast.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...n/news-story/81f1505da3ed0e82a9ebdf2a0437e6b5

South Sydney, Penrith, and Newcastle have all told AAP they aren't keen on signing the Blues representative, satisfied with their current outside backs stocks.

“(Kalyn) Ponga is going to be our fullback so we are very settled there,” Knights coach Nathan Brown said.

http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/n...yne-parramatta-eels/6ava2o6r21e81vh2zj2zqrqet

Chipmunk

Coach

To be honest with Potter the coach of Fiji, also an assistant at Newcastle, I wouldn't be surprised if they still had some money for him and there was a last minute offer... He's got to be worth more to Newcastle than he has to be for Parra surely?

phantom eel

First Grade
He doesn't want to play for the Gold Coast and wants to play for Parra apparently. He actually indicated this multiple times on the day that he signed with the Gold Coast. His stance has obviously never changed.
But as the rolling stones said, you can't always get what you want...

phantom eel

First Grade
An article accurately the multiple conundrums we face if we sign Hayne.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-the-parramatta-eels-get-20171130-gzw2al.html

Diva? Match-winner? Coach killer? Which Jarryd Hayne will the Parramatta Eels get?

Now we wait to see which Jarryd Hayne returns to Parramatta.

Will it be the diva? The match-winner? The coach killer?

You could excuse all of this if Hayne performed on the field. His flashes of brilliance were a cruel reminder of what he is capable of at his Dally M medal-winning best. That player is long gone. When Hayne was at the Eels, he was "the man". Although he was never quite able to reproduce his 2009 form – a purple streak the game may never witness again – he left the blue and golds with a second Dally M medal dangling from his neck.

Much has changed in the golden west. He will return as the third-best fullback option at the club behind Bevan French and Clint Gutherson. His mooted transition into the halves, a switch Titans coach Garth Brennan hinted at, will not happen at a side containing Corey Norman and Mitchell Moses. Used to being the centre of attention, he will have to be content to play in the centres. The relationship between club and player has changed. For the first time, Hayne needs Parramatta more than Parramatta needs Hayne.

When Hayne left San Francisco to join the Titans, it was expected he would improve an already finals-bound team. While it is not all his fault, the club is a rabble. Gold Coast hierarchy sided with Hayne in his feud with coach Neil Henry, sacking the coach. Brennan, Henry's replacement, has subsequently employed three staffers close to Hayne – former Eels Luke Burt, Craig Catterick and Hayden Knowles. Brennan has bristled at suggestions they were hired to placate Hayne but, regardless, none of them will get to work with him.

Hayne was a terrible fit for the Gold Coast. Even his personal sponsor, who spent $400,000 a year above his club sponsorship to ensure he became a Titan, conceded as much.

1512029005295.jpg

Jarryd Hayne was "the man" during his first stint with the Eels. Photo: Tim Clayton

"Jarryd Hayne should be at Parramatta. He is Parramatta, let's be honest about it," said TripADeal founder Norm Black.

The challenge for Parramatta coach Brad Arthur is to extract something resembling Hayne's best. It is one that has been beyond Henry, Ricky Stuart, Stephen Kearney, Daniel Anderson, Michael Hagan, even poor old Jim Tomsula. Laurie Daley would still be coaching the Blues if Hayne had passed to an unmarked Josh Morris in Origin II. But if anyone can get Hayne to fire it is Arthur. If Hayne doesn't buy into the culture at the club, he will finish his career at Wentworthville.

Hayne has pursued many dreams and has been granted his latest. It's up to him to ensure it doesn't turn into a nightmare.

phantom eel

First Grade
Which statements? He wants to be in Sydney to be closer to his family. What is wrong with that?

And you still haven't told us when he lied?
Hayne's own statements are carefully (weasel) worded.

But obviously the mother felt the need to issue a statement and correct the public record... she's closer to the situation than us, and presumably not happy about being included publically as a reason for his contract welching actions.

hindy111

Post Whore
Which statements? He wants to be in Sydney to be closer to his family. What is wrong with that?

And you still haven't told us when he lied?

I dont see the big deal if he lied. I lie all the time. Sometimes lie cause I changed my mind. Sounds like what Hayne did.

Hayne could of jumped ship years ago when the eels where the most messed up club in the NRL. Plenty would of been chasing. Just like Teddy and Woods. They had as good offers at there clubs but left to be at a winning more stable team.
They also dragged their club on for months. Hayne showed loyalty for almost 10yrs to the club which went through some of its toughest times.

Media wants to Bag him for trying something different or being closer to his family. His manager would of been behind his move to Titans.

Hayne doesnt drink or never been done for domestic violence.

hindy111

Post Whore
Don't hold back merkin. What about blaming him for global warming too.

The great 2005 soceroos would not be there if Recoba didn't miss an open goal or later in game Urguay miss open header.

How about Henry missing two one on ones in a champions league final for Arsenal.
Great players make mistakes.

Latest posts