What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Love or hate Pearce, I hate seeing clubs flick their long-termers.

Drag Queen

Bench
Tedesco was a gun. Best fullback in the comp. Gone.
Woods is a quality prop, not the best but very good.
Moses was a very good half.
They recruited Packer- Not as good as woods.
Lolohea- Not as good as Teddy
Reynolds- Not as good as Moses
They came 15th last year......
Beg to differ but that's OK. Lolohea will prove he's just as good as Teddy. Aaron Woods is a non concern for me. Reynolds is still a gun, albeit plagued by injury the last couple of years. Also, they have a coach in Cleary. They also acquired Milne who had the most try assists before Fiji Bati went down. I would say they will make the finals next year. Cheers.

Crush

Coach
Beg to differ but that's OK. Lolohea will prove he's just as good as Teddy. Aaron Woods is a non concern for me. Reynolds is still a gun, albeit plagued by injury the last couple of years. Also, they have a coach in Cleary. They also acquired Milne who had the most try assists before Fiji Bati went down. I would say they will make the finals next year. Cheers.
DQ I do agree with you on the coach. I like Cleary, he speaks well and seems intelligent unlike our Mary.
Cannot agree though that Lolohea is Teddy or that Milne will have a big impact. It is the NRL though so anything can happen. They do have Benji!

Old Timer

Coach
Pearce will be a great acquisition for Newcastle.
The young forwards at the Knights will benefit from halving a tough half who takes on the line.
Pearce is a great club half and I expect the Knights to now be knocking hard on the door of the eight.
Good luck to them I hope it works out for all parties.

Drag Queen

Bench
DQ I do agree with you on the coach. I like Cleary, he speaks well and seems intelligent unlike our Mary.
Cannot agree though that Lolohea is Teddy or that Milne will have a big impact. It is the NRL though so anything can happen. They do have Benji!
We'll see..but I beg to differ. I don't have a problem with Marshall either tbh. I do think under the right coach that Milne will be fine with right centre, his preferred spot with the Tigers. Time will tell.

Last edited:

Belta

Juniors
I'd hate to have to bet my left nut on who will take the wooden spoon. Soo many roster changes.

Maybe Warriors, Titans, Souths, or Tigers

I think a Melbourne v Cowboys Grand Final

Newcastle with, off the top of my head - Pearce, Moga, Esse Esse, Guerra, Heighington, Ponga, Lilyman added to an already improving, won't be far off playing finals footy

Dogs will be better with Woods and Foran

Dragons will be improved with Hunt and Graham and a host (no pun intended) of youngsters

Drag Queen

Bench
I'd hate to have to bet my left nut on who will take the wooden spoon. Soo many roster changes.

Newcastle with, off the top of my head - Pearce, Moga, Esse Esse, Guerra, Heighington, Ponga, Lilyman added to an already improving, won't be far off playing finals footy

Dragons will be improved with Hunt and Graham and a host (no pun intended) of youngsters
Agree. Dogs can have Woods and Foran. I'm not sure why either would be sort after, but there you go.

Last edited:

BennyV

Referee
Good result for all. Pearce gets a significant improvement on his image (and his back balance!) and Newcastle gain a steady, experienced half who is very solid under the right structure.

Guys like Connor Watson and Kaylen Ponga will thrive next to him.

BennyV

Referee
Tedesco was a gun. Best fullback in the comp. Gone.
Woods is a quality prop, not the best but very good.
Moses was a very good half.
They recruited Packer- Not as good as woods.
Lolohea- Not as good as Teddy
Reynolds- Not as good as Moses
They came 15th last year......
Gotta disagree. Tigpies are on the up.

Yes, they lost some supreme talent but Cleary is doing Cleary - almost an identical move at Penrith when he started there! Losing Teddy and Moses was a huge hit but that was done well before he got there and TBH, he has recovered well, recruiting a good mix of experienced, steady players and young players full of potential.

Sure, Reynolds and Lolohea are a downgrade on Tedesco but their recruitment hasnt stopped there (and TBH they arent terrible replacements - Reynolds, as much as he's the dumbest player in the comp, will at least bring a bit of drive and desperation to win to the team). Packer and Matulino, on their day, are a devastated front row duo and TBH I'd take either of them over Sharon Woods. Chris McQueen gives them an experienced head who can be a decent edge runner in the right team. And Milne, of course, is likely to actually reach the potential that he had no chance of reaching under McJetski.

Include the guys like Twal and Watene-Zelezniak, who started last year but showed some real promise, as well as guys like Marsters and Suli being a year older (and of course, a coach with half a brain) and I'd be expecting them to move up the ladder. I dont think they'll be pushing for the 8 next year (maybe 9-12th) but should be thereabouts in 2019.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Belta, if you want safe house keeping for your nuts, surely the Warriors must be specials for the spoon.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Called it 10 days ago - now just need Hayne to sign w Parra along w Nappa to Knights and predictions are done for the year!

Good call Mickeylane.

Looks as though Hayne to Parra and if Pearce signs with NTL, Nappa is a good chance.

This Year?

Immortal
Pearce will be a great acquisition for Newcastle.
The young forwards at the Knights will benefit from halving a tough half who takes on the line.
Pearce is a great club half and I expect the Knights to now be knocking hard on the door of the eight.
Good luck to them I hope it works out for all parties.

The clouds are starting to clear for the Knights and I think they will make the top 8. Pearce cops alot but he is a very skillful half and if he doesn't have his brain snaps he would be more than a handful.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Pearce to Newy is great for the game and even better for the Knights. I'm so glad he accepted the challenge and I really believe we'll see the rise of the Knights and some bigger wraps ahead for Brownie's coaching.

SBD82

Coach
I can't believe you guys are so happy about Pearce going to the knights.

Now I have to add another team to the list of teams that I hate.

It's already a pretty bloody long list.

Life's Good

Coach
It'd be f**king hilarious if Newy win a premiership with Pearce while Cronk is at Easts and they miss out.
True. Whilst I can’t see the Knights winning in the next 2 years I sure don’t think the Roosters will either. Not strong enough in the front row and Jake Friend, whilst having a great work rate, doesn’t have the creativity or game smarts of Smith(good player though).

possm

Coach
Good result for all. Pearce gets a significant improvement on his image (and his back balance!) and Newcastle gain a steady, experienced half who is very solid under the right structure.

Guys like Connor Watson and Kaylen Ponga will thrive next to him.
Now that it confirmed that Pearce is moving to the Knights, will Many make another bid to sign Thompson? I believe we are one first grade prop away from having the best pack in the competition so, if Thompson moves to Manly, and WIN provide the TPA, then maybe there is still a good chance of snaring Walmsley for 2018.

Get onto it Millward, it's time to do the hard work. Make what many on here believe to be the impossible, become real!

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Now that it confirmed that Pearce is moving to the Knights, will Many make another bid to sign Thompson? I believe we are one first grade prop away from having the best pack in the competition so, if Thompson moves to Manly, and WIN provide the TPA, then maybe there is still a good chance of snaring Walmsley for 2018.

Get onto it Millward, it's time to do the hard work. Make what many on here believe to be the impossible, become real!

No he is not coming to us tommo is not going anywhere.
What's so hard to understand

Old Timer

Coach
What a sad arse wanker Gallen is for talking about Pearce the way he did re SOO
I wouldn’t pick Pearce myself but Gallen basically says Pearce isn’t good enough on his own to make it and unless he plays behind a great side can’t make it
I have never decried Pearce for effort and that above ability is what has seen him picked for SOO.
Pearce’s efforts at Newcastle will match his time at the Roosters because he will have a real dig and in fact he may improve under Brown
Poor form from Gallen not that one should expect anything better from that Neanderthal.

Latest posts