What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Homo man69

Juniors
Pearce is actually a fabulous player in the NRL. He's just not good enough to be a state of origin player. Such a good looking boy too.

Homo man69

Juniors
If Newcastle still have money to make up the cap. Then I would advise them to throw the bank on Garry Lo. I'm related to a player who plays for PNG and the first thing he said once I mentioned his name. Was that he's dream was to play in the NRL and he's willing to break contracts to make it come true. With a bit of fine tuning . He would be a beast.

Pedge1971

First Grade
If Newcastle still have money to make up the cap. Then I would advise them to throw the bank on Garry Lo. I'm related to a player who plays for PNG and the first thing he said once I mentioned his name. Was that he's dream was to play in the NRL and he's willing to break contracts to make it come true. With a bit of fine tuning . He would be a beast.

Jarryd Hayne once had that dream. The Martin Luther King of rugby league.

Ray McKigney

Juniors
Reece Robinson > Roosters
Michael Gordon > Titans

Gordon is roughly on minimum wage and I hear the Titans are are prepared to offer him double his current salary. 1 year deal with another in the club's favour apparently.

I can't understand why the Titans would sign a 35 year old fullback. Lol they must be really desperate.

POPEYE

Coach
Michael Gordon > Titans

Gordon is roughly on minimum wage and I hear the Titans are are prepared to offer him double his current salary. 1 year deal with another in the club's favour apparently.

I can't understand why the Titans would sign a 35 year old fullback. Lol they must be really desperate.
Titans aren't renowned for selecting the right Fullback

Homo man69

Juniors
Michael Gordon > Titans

I remember Gotdon having really bad knees at one time. Similar to Timmons. I read somewhere someone saying if it wasn't for his shonky knees. He could of been anything. It surprises me he's still kicking on.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Michael Gordon > Titans

Hayne didn't really leave them with much option. 1 year deal gives them a stop gap without preventing them from pursuing someone else next year.

Hard to fault the Titans and at this point of the season they could do a lot worse than Gordon.

Michael Gordon > Titans

I read somewhere that the Reese Robinson signing is done.

However, I can't see the Gordon one happening. Gordon was very clear last year, he was either staying at the Roosters for 1 more year or retiring from the NRL and moving to his "retirement" home with his family on the mid-north coast where he'd then run around for 1 year with the local footy side. He had options but said he made it those two options as he didn't feel he could keep uprooting his kids every time he moved clubs, especially as his eldest child started school last year. Hence I can't see him moving to the Titans for that reason alone.

He lives in kingscliff i read. Which is 40 mins from the goldy

The thing is he isn't going around again for the money, he did not re-sign for big money at the Roosters.. He may get more money if he went to the Gold Coast (assuming the rumoured offer is true and that the Roosters were prepared to release him) but he would at best be going to a side that is part way through a rebuild. If he stays at the Roosters he will be playing for a potential title contender in 2018. I think that lure might prove more important to Gordon at this stage of his career somehow.

Radical Rat

Juniors
The thing is he isn't going around again for the money, he did not re-sign for big money at the Roosters.. He may get more money if he went to the Gold Coast (assuming the rumoured offer is true and that the Roosters were prepared to release him) but he would at best be going to a side that is part way through a rebuild. If he stays at the Roosters he will be playing for a potential title contender in 2018. I think that lure might prove more important to Gordon at this stage of his career somehow.
Except he'll be playing state cup all year at the Roosters.

Gordon is too slow and broken for the centres now..

Gordon is likely to play on the wing. He'll more than likely have Ferguson inside him at centre. Further he is the best goal kicker in the club at the moment, he won us a number of games last year due to kicking pressure goals. He is a steadying hand with a reasonably cool head which I dare say Robinson will hoping rubs off on Ferguson.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
DPww3vfUIAA_crw.jpg

Life's Good

Coach
Gordon is likely to play on the wing. He'll more than likely have Ferguson inside him at centre. Further he is the best goal kicker in the club at the moment, he won us a number of games last year due to kicking pressure goals. He is a steadying hand with a reasonably cool head which I dare say Robinson will hoping rubs off on Ferguson.
I thought Fergo had been cured of this.......