What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC2017 Crowd Watch

Stallion

First Grade
To the high priced ticket brigade; "you ignorant dumb greedy pathetic so called fans of the game! " If you think the people whom advocated cheaper prices enjoy what has happened to this great code tonight, you have misread us just like you have misread the sports market in the same manner as the incompetent organisers/marketing people employed for this world cup. Pretty sure you won't cop this deserved criticism on the chin given your track record. If it's any consolation you must be so proud to embarass the code in this very public way. SHAME!

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
Crowd looks like it has improved since kickoff

And so it should! It's embarassing regardless of late walk ins. These players dont deserve a 2/3 full stadium but that's what we and they are seeing. So saddening for the code that deserves so.much more. People who were aware of the high ticket fiasco will have to tell the high priced ticket story to many who will enquire as to why the poor crowd at a world cup final. At least the excuse will be accepted by most if thats consolation for explaining this low crowd embarrassment.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Half the crowds English, Fock you lazy tight arse Australians, you don’t deserve a World Cup!

Been a great day and game so far!!

Stallion

First Grade
Half the crowds English, Fock you lazy tight arse Australians, you don’t deserve a World Cup!

Been a great day and game so far!!

PRs roundabout way of conceding the ticket prices were too high! At least he's acknowledged it in his own way I suppose.

Stallion

First Grade
So we can stop calling brisbane the home of rugby league now.

That is a small bonus from this competition.

Can we stop calling these so called paid administrators competent and there for interest of the code!?

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
So we can stop calling brisbane the home of rugby league now.

That is a small bonus from this competition.

I would also suggest that the NRL/ARLC take a deep look at what the media can do to a competition if it sees fit! And the negative affect of high priced ticketing. These lessons should be taken on board if they are seen to be competent for the code in this country.

Stallion

First Grade
I paid $85 to sit high in stand behind the ingoal at the Melbourne game between England and Australia.....

No doubt you are inducating it was exoensive! Had it been $40 I suggest you may have been a good/better chance of buying promotional merchandise?

LeagueXIII

First Grade
I would say to fill the ground tickets needed to be cheaper....and as game day approached the organisers needed to be proactive to fill the stadiums.
They treated the tournament as a cash cow to fund RLIF development which is fair enough but they needed to be realistic....we are not the soccer WC or even the union one. So we should have been priced accordingly to fill the ground then the feel good factor would have come and we wouldn't have given ammo to the knockers who always line up for pot shots.