What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Comics have been dead for a long time.

The only gimmick they left have is constantly rebooting each line so people will buy #1 issues.
Which both DC and Marvel have recently stopped doing and have gone back to the original numbering. They realised the strategy was actually hurting them

DC have actually had very good sales over the last 10 years or so, comparatively to the other producers. The paper sales have nosedived of course but digital traffic is going strong.

shiznit

Coach
This is bad for fans imo

Sure we MIGHT get to see the X-men, FF, etc in the MCU but it surely also means that the studio wont be putting out as much content either. Disney will put the brakes on a fair few projects as they wont want to be pushing 6-8 movies a year
If they are spending 60B on acquiring them... you’d like to think they pump out as much content as possible to make it back...

But perhaps you’ll see them pull back on the MCU character films....

Caped Crusader

Juniors
If they are spending 60B on acquiring them... you’d like to think they pump out as much content as possible to make it back...

But perhaps you’ll see them pull back on the MCU character films....
On the face of things yes, youd think theyd try and get their moneys worth

However on the practical side of things, 1 studio can only make so many films at once when you consider all that goes into them

shiznit

Coach
On the face of things yes, youd think theyd try and get their moneys worth

However on the practical side of things, 1 studio can only make so many films at once when you consider all that goes into them
Really?? That’s an interesting take...

To me they will be one company... but they aren’t one studio...

Disney has multiple studios ranging from Marvel Studios to Lucasfilm to Pixar.

I think if it makes money then it makes sense for them to make as many films as possible.

They could just have 20th century Fox as a subsidiary studio on its own but Marvel Studios will be allowed to include its characters in the MCU...

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Thats true to a degree but i very much doubt the X-Men and FF properties would remain under Fox. Theyd most certainly move over to Marvel Studios

shiznit

Coach
Thats true to a degree but i very much doubt the X-Men and FF properties would remain under Fox. Theyd most certainly move over to Marvel Studios
Which kinda suits Marvel Studios as they are likely to be killing off a Stark, Cap and maybe Thor... so now they have a whole new bunch of top tier characters for Phase 4.

shiznit

Coach
So apparently the Simpsons predicted this nearly 20 years ago... :joy::joy:

AAAF5_EE7-_FF8_A-4_B6_A-_BFA2-_CA4_FF9_DB07_F2.jpg

Eelementary

Post Whore
Eelementary will love this... :joy::joy:

From an Entertainment Weekly Article....

BE674124-_DAB6-4945-8549-928_E9_D0_DAD6_E.jpg

1_D62_DCC5-10_DC-4413-86_E2-71163_B99_E35_D.jpg

That last paragraph bugs me - "Aquaman has been the joke of the comic book world."

I mean, it's true - but the character is actually such a f**king badass.

I can't wait to see the Aquaman film - I thought Momoa killed it.

shiznit

Coach
From the looks of things the Disney/Fox deal is going to be announced on Friday(Thursday in the US).

Right on the heels of Disney’s world wide release of the biggest blockbuster of the year in Star Wars.

Mickey Mouse is straight ballin’

bileduct

Coach
Gee, what could go wrong there.

It's gonna be funny watching you guys pretend to like the latest Star Wars film.

bileduct

Coach
Stop talking outta your arse...

Motherf**ker we knew you were gonna absolutely hate it before it even came out...

You are so full of shit and predictable it’s hilarious... :joy::joy:
Look how delusional you Disney huggers are getting...

Enjoy your plate of shit.