What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron McInnes

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Telegraph reporting that Cam has signed a three year extension, great news!

Hooker Cameron McInnes signs new deal to stay with Dragons until the end of 2021
PAUL CRAWLEY, The Daily Telegraph

ST George Illawarra hooker Cameron McInnes has declared “the top four is in reach for us” after the classy hooker secured a three-year contract extension.

In a major boost for the player pushed out of South Sydney at the end of 2016 to make way for Robbie Farah, The Daily Telegraph can reveal that McInnes has now been rewarded with a new deal that will keep him at the Dragons until the end of 2021.

The 23-year-old played all 24 games this year in what he labelled “the best year of my footy life”.

Along with playing every game of the regular season, McInnes made the most tackles of any player in the entire NRL, and emerged in the debate as Farah’s future NSW replacement.

McInnes said he now wants to take his career to the next level.

1230ed82f97f320fe6a606d64ed7510c

And despite the Dragons missing the finals this year, McInnes believes 2018 promises plenty of hope.

“I’ve only been here for 12 months but it’s been the best year of my footy life,” McInnes said. “It was a no-brainer for me and I wanted to stay for as long as I could.

“It’s going to be good moving forward knowing that I have that stability.

“This is just the beginning. I really want to work harder towards bigger and better things.

“I think the top four is in reach for us so I just need to keep playing the best footy I can.”

It also means the Dragons now have three parts of their all-important spine locked up long term.

Skipper Gareth Widdop is also contracted until the end of 2021 while new recruit Ben Hunt is signed until the end of 2022.

“Cameron had an outstanding season in 2017,” St George Illawarra recruitment boss Ian Millward said.

“A lot of people don’t see what he does away from the playing field. He’s one of our best trainers and a future leader of our club.

“2017 was his first full season in the top grade, playing 80 minutes every week too, and he’s acknowledged there are areas of his game that he wants to continue to improve.

“With Cameron at hooker, and Ben Hunt and Gareth Widdop in the halves, we’re in a position now where we are very settled with world class players.”

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
Article here ...

ST George Illawarra hooker Cameron McInnes has declared “the top four is in reach for us” after the classy hooker secured a three-year contract extension.

In a major boost for the player pushed out of South Sydney at the end of 2016 to make way for Robbie Farah, The Daily Telegraph can reveal that McInnes has now been rewarded with a new deal that will keep him at the Dragons until the end of 2021.

The 23-year-old played all 24 games this year in what he labelled “the best year of my footy life”.

Along with playing every game of the regular season, McInnes made the most tackles of any player in the entire NRL, and emerged in the debate as Farah’s future NSW replacement.

McInnes looks set to build on a stellar 2017. (AAP Image/Paul Miller)
And despite the Dragons missing the finals this year, McInnes believes 2018 promises plenty of hope.

“I’ve only been here for 12 months but it’s been the best year of my footy life,” McInnes said. “It was a no-brainer for me and I wanted to stay for as long as I could.

“This is just the beginning. I really want to work harder towards bigger and better things.

“I think the top four is in reach for us so I just need to keep playing the best footy I can.”

It also means the Dragons now have three parts of their all-important spine locked up long term.

cda0d97f103c6b70636b60effd9936a0

Skipper Gareth Widdop is also contracted until the end of 2021 while new recruit Ben Hunt is signed until the end of 2022.

“Cameron had an outstanding season in 2017,” St George Illawarra recruitment boss Ian Millward said.

“A lot of people don’t see what he does away from the playing field. He’s one of our best trainers and a future leader of our club.

“2017 was his first full season in the top grade, playing 80 minutes every week too, and he’s acknowledged there are areas of his game that he wants to continue to improve.

“With Cameron at hooker, and Ben Hunt and Gareth Widdop in the halves, we’re in a position now where we are very settled with world class players.”

Gareth67

First Grade
Yes , it is great to see him resigned . With McInnes permanently inked into the hooking role , and the other prudent signings over the last couple of years , the Dragon forwards are indeed shaping up as one tough pack . We can expect them to be breathing plenty of fire in 2018 !

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Telegraph reporting that Cam has signed a three year extension, great news!

Hooker Cameron McInnes signs new deal to stay with Dragons until the end of 2021
PAUL CRAWLEY, The Daily Telegraph

Thought he went off the boil a bit towards the end of the season but hey, at the end of the day, a much better hooker than Rein and can actually pass the ball backwards ..... only just that is.
Hope he steps up a class next year.

Saintsified

Bench
Yes , it is great to see him resigned . With McInnes permanently inked into the hooking role , and the other prudent signings over the last couple of years , the Dragon forwards are indeed shaping up as one tough pack . We can expect them to be breathing plenty of fire in 2018 !
I'd reword that last sentence to BY THE END OF 2018 when a new coach is appointed finally.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Classy? Well, as with any "is your News Limited" publication, hyperbole is always at the forefront.

Dragons22

Juniors
OFFICIAL. Released by the App and Website.
http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/12/07/mcinnes_re_signs_wit.html
McInnes re-signs with the Red V

Thu 7th December, 06:00AM

St George Illawarra have announced that Dragons hooker Cameron McInnes has extended his stay with the club for a further three seasons.

McInnes, who was off-contract at the end of 2018, will now remain at the Dragons until at least the end of the 2021 Telstra Premiership season.

With skipper Gareth Widdop locked away until 2021 and incoming recruit Ben Hunt signed until at least the 2022 season, McInnes's retention brings further stability to the Dragons' spine for the years to come.

"Cameron had an outstanding season in 2017. A lot of people don't see what he does away from the playing field. He's one of our best trainers and a future leader of our club," Director of Rugby League Pathways Ian Millward said.

"2017 was his first full season in the top grade, playing 80 minutes every week too, and he's acknowledged there are areas of his game that he wants to continue to improve.

"With Cameron at hooker, and Ben Hunt and Gareth Widdop in the halves, we're in a position now where we are very settled with world class players."

McInnes joined the club ahead of the 2017 season and has found a home at the Dragons over the past year.

The 23-year-old has so far played 63 NRL games and made his representative debut for City Origin earlier this year. The Botany Rams junior also topped the tackle count (1155) competition-wide in 2017.

"I've only been here for 12 months but it's been the best year of my footy life. It was a no-brainer for me and I wanted to stay for as long as I could. It's going to be good moving forward knowing that I have that stability," McInnes said.

"This is just the beginning. I really want to work harder towards bigger and better things. For us I think the top four is in reach for us so I just need to keep playing the best footy I can."

The re-signing of McInnes is another boost for Red V following the signings of Hunt, James Graham, Jeremy Latimore, Mitch Allgood and Darren Nicholls for the 2018 season.

It the follows the likes of Widdop, Euan Aitken, Jack de Belin, Paul Vaughan, Tim Lafai, Kurt Mann, Jason Nightingale, Jai Field, Jacob Host, Blake Lawrie and Luciano Leilua who have extended their deals with the Dragons over the past 12 months.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Good point ..................

The 23-year-old has so far played 63 NRL games and made his representative debut for City Origin earlier this year. The Botany Rams junior also topped the tackle count (1155) competition-wide in 2017